Waverly @ Camden

rcombs

QB's name is Jake Hale, a freshman. Cook, a freshman got very little playing time. But you're right, he's going to be good.Travis and Crawley I recognize but the others are just names to me. And Like I said in my post, I realize that you had a few on the bench who would be back, but so did we, who didn't play at all. Next year will be interesting to say the least.

Travis and Crawley are the more recognized players returning. Latendresse #63 is our starting Center, Dudley is our starting outside linebacker #7, Summers Tight End #85 (scored the most points as a Tight End this year for Camden I think), Ibarra is starting Outside Linebacker #87, and Pagal #24 is a Kid who will hit any person on the field no matter thier size, and finally Gaskin #12 is our Second String QB who beat Huntingdon. All of these young men are hard workers and incredible athletes, but there are more than those players who will be good next year. Believe us when we say Camden will be back like they are year after year.

Waverly good luck for next season sorry your season turned out this way, but never discredit Camden. The coaches we have put a fire under our tails and a Work ethic in our minds we will work hard every year to be the best. That's all you can do is work hard to be the best and lay it all out during the offseason, and when the season finally comes around leave it all on the field. Good Luck Camden in the Play0offs let's represent region 7-2a well. Go Big Black!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They decided they didn't want to practice this week and went and hung out in the shopping center. I know that they are teenagers but one of them has been making bone headed decisions all year and began the year with a chance to play D-1 somewhere. Scratch that. I don't understand kids who have great opportunities and just throw them away. I have even more respect for Coach Graves for making this decision. I'm proud of these underclassmen who have really stepped up and gained experience this year.

papa iv really got strong opinions against what all went on last week...but one thing it did show me was why waverly had such an awful year...the team was not a team...yes they skipped 1 practice, one of those players was having surgery the next morning anyways and the other was best friends with him so yea they skipped practice to hang out...but iv never seen a team kick 2 ppl off a team completely for skipping one day of practice, i could see not letting them play that game but having them kicked off the team is a little too far...and when you have the players voting to kick them off shows that they do not care or back each other up which has showed on the field this season causing losses...the team has lost total respect from me after this....both of these players have been a huge part of this team one for 4 years the other 3 and like you said one had a really great shot at a D-1 team but now thats pretty much out the window. but honestly if you only knew how many of the other guys that skipped so many practices this year and nothing was said to them at all...it just doesnt make since to me, but like i said this waverly tigers football team of 2007 has no respect what so ever from me, they deserve the 0-10 they got and will have to live with being one of the only teams in waverly central's history to carry a record like this.

now on the game, camden played just like camden always has, great, saw no problems..the qb looked really good, i believe camden should go deep into the playoffs good luck to the lions, stay as a team and help each other out, look at waverly as an example of what will happen if you dont.

waverly next is basketball lets hope there are some W's there at least, its been a miserable senior year having to watch our football team start the year off with no victorys and me waisting money to go watch them. good luck to graves next year and hopefully he can get his guys to actually be a team instead of just players, really hope to hear better next year, if not i wont be coming down to watch, but i will probably come for basketball.

Personally, I think the Waverly coaches did a tremendous job with the amount of kids who were hurt all year long. Most games 13-14 kids were hurt. Now, you Camden guys have a really good team and I think you are the best team we have played all year long. But don't read too much into last nights game other than the fact you were playing a mostly JV squad, mostly freshmen and sophomores. Having said that, there were some impact players like Scot Anderson and Nick Berciik who will be back next year not playing. With the graduation losses of Camden and with Waverly's returning players basically the whole team you saw last night plus some more guys, the game at Waverly next year will be a lot better. In fact if they play the way I know they are capable of playing and get everyone back, Waverly will win next year. We did outscore your team for next year on the field in the second half. Yeah, I know some of the guys coming back were on the sideline, but very few of them and we did have several guys not playing that are really good.

But good luck this year, rooting that you will win it all.

You're right, we didn't play physical last night. I am with you, used to throw out the record books on this one and everyone hit everyone hard. The only physical game that I saw Waverly play this year was against Huntingdon and I had hoped that team would have shown up last night, but some of the leaders who played that night were out last night. The ability is there, the coaching is there and Waverly will be back.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you didn't play our team for next year, you played our team for 2 years from now. You scored on the freshman team. And you had a hard time doing it. Our team for next year is already in the starting lineup or rotating in and out this year. Thing of it is, some of those freshman even see varsity time.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you didn't play our team for next year, you played our team for 2 years from now. You scored on the freshman team. And you had a hard time doing it. Our team for next year is already in the starting lineup or rotating in and out this year. Thing of it is, some of those freshman even see varsity time.

Tiger Living in his tiger world...Hey but I did hear that Waverly Elem. had some big 1st graders this year... So I am going to go ahead and steal Papa future quote...."those boys should win state...." LOL...I am sorry..Camden will lose a bit this year, I agree...and may not be as good next year as they are this year....But they will still be a much better than .500 team and most likely go atleast a round deep in the playoffs....I do not know of many teams that were 0-10 and really were not close in any games besides two...turning around and winning a bunch of games...I mean if their is anyregion that this can be done it is this one....but everyone of the bad teams in this region (exclude Camden and Huntingdon) are very young as well...Including SC who holds that playoff spot for next year...I predict that Aville will be the 3 seed next year and SC will get a wildcard due to their schedule...

papa iv really got strong opinions against what all went on last week...but one thing it did show me was why waverly had such an awful year...the team was not a team...yes they skipped 1 practice, one of those players was having surgery the next morning anyways and the other was best friends with him so yea they skipped practice to hang out...but iv never seen a team kick 2 ppl off a team completely for skipping one day of practice, i could see not letting them play that game but having them kicked off the team is a little too far...and when you have the players voting to kick them off shows that they do not care or back each other up which has showed on the field this season causing losses...the team has lost total respect from me after this....both of these players have been a huge part of this team one for 4 years the other 3 and like you said one had a really great shot at a D-1 team but now thats pretty much out the window. but honestly if you only knew how many of the other guys that skipped so many practices this year and nothing was said to them at all...it just doesnt make since to me, but like i said this waverly tigers football team of 2007 has no respect what so ever from me, they deserve the 0-10 they got and will have to live with being one of the only teams in waverly central's history to carry a record like this.

now on the game, camden played just like camden always has, great, saw no problems..the qb looked really good, i believe camden should go deep into the playoffs good luck to the lions, stay as a team and help each other out, look at waverly as an example of what will happen if you dont.

waverly next is basketball lets hope there are some W's there at least, its been a miserable senior year having to watch our football team start the year off with no victorys and me waisting money to go watch them. good luck to graves next year and hopefully he can get his guys to actually be a team instead of just players, really hope to hear better next year, if not i wont be coming down to watch, but i will probably come for basketball.

First, rednecktiger, the skipped practice was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Their attitudes were a lot of the problem on the team this year. Believe me, you don't know what all has been going on with some of these guys on this team. Don't disrespect guys for doing the right thing. These guys didn't only skip practice but went and hung out in the shopping center where everyone could see. Also, like I said, there was a lot more and it should have been done earlier in the year.

Now as far as basketball, the girls will be really good, but don't expect many if any wins from the guys. They will still be young and no height.

Tiger Living in his tiger world...Hey but I did hear that Waverly Elem. had some big 1st graders this year... So I am going to go ahead and steal Papa future quote...."those boys should win state...." LOL...I am sorry..Camden will lose a bit this year, I agree...and may not be as good next year as they are this year....But they will still be a much better than .500 team and most likely go atleast a round deep in the playoffs....I do not know of many teams that were 0-10 and really were not close in any games besides two...turning around and winning a bunch of games...I mean if their is anyregion that this can be done it is this one....but everyone of the bad teams in this region (exclude Camden and Huntingdon) are very young as well...Including SC who holds that playoff spot for next year...I predict that Aville will be the 3 seed next year and SC will get a wildcard due to their schedule...

Waverly will surprise a lot of people next year. Mark it!!!

il have to agree with u lions...next season will be nearly the same for the tigers unless graves can get his players to be a team

Well I wish Coach Graves and the Waverly community the best...I know there is a good football team hiding in there somewhere and hopefully Trey will be the man to finally pull it together.

Failed to mention that they didn't go to any workouts over the summer.