Waverly @ Camden

rcombs

This one was a bad one...I don't think Waverly gained one yard in the first half that they didn't lose at least two the very next play. I don't know the exact stats but I would almost guess that there was negative yardage put up by the Tigers. Waverly has a good sized line, but their QB is too short to see over them. So he just winged up completely uncatchable passes...Camden could have had at least 5 INTs in the first quarter alone. Glad to see Coach Ward trying somethings to get ready for next week. I hope Coach Graves and the Tigers can have better luck next season...and maybe the QB will grow about a foot or so /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bring on the playoffs!! Go LIONS!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quarterback is a freshman so he will probably grow. A lot of freshmen and sophomores playing for Tigers. They will be really good next year. But you're right, the qb would be a lot better with a little more height. The actual yardage at half was 0 for Waverly. We did come close to hitting a couple of big plays, one the receiver pass that he held on too long and got it batted down with a receiver 20 yards behind everyone. That would have been a touchdown on the first team.

Either way Camden, good luck in the playoffs, definitely the best team we have played all year. Will be rooting for you.

Not much of a suprise here. What has happened to Waverly? They look like they have some serious problems all over, starting with their coaching. I had to see it with my own eyes to believe it. Wow. They looked flat and disinterested. Saw some boys kicking a football around like a soccer ball during pregame warmups. They were flat and disinterested. Complete lack of effort IMO. Wow. That's all I can say.

I wil say, though, that Thomas Wuerffel and Tyler Fuller are both some serious athletes. Good ballplayers.

Great job, Lions, now let's go get the bus started for Murphreesboro.

Not much of a suprise here. What has happened to Waverly? They look like they have some serious problems all over, starting with their coaching. I had to see it with my own eyes to believe it. Wow. They looked flat and disinterested. Saw some boys kicking a football around like a soccer ball during pregame warmups. They were flat and disinterested. Complete lack of effort IMO. Wow. That's all I can say.

I wil say, though, that Thomas Wuerffel and Tyler Fuller are both some serious athletes. Good ballplayers.

Great job, Lions, now let's go get the bus started for Murphreesboro.

1. no problems with coaches

2. their was no senior leadership, and seniors would not let the juniors lead

3. werfel and fuller are good but neither played up to their capabilities (missed tackles- holding the ball to long)

4. you better worry about a second round game before you start talking about murfreesboro.

5. camden loses a lot of starters so they may be back to everyone else next year.

6. this group of coaches have pulled their hair out trying to piece together a group of kids who some were discipline problems and some were always hurt, and some were knocked out for the season. i think with what the coaches had to work/ or not work with each week they did all they could possibly do.

7. heard one of the coaches say that this ugly chapter was closed and now it is time to open a new one with a lot of changes.

8. if you don't like the way waverly looks it is a good thing your from camden, because you don't have to see them but once a year.

3. werfel and fuller are good but neither played up to their capabilities (missed tackles- holding the ball to long)

4. you better worry about a second round game before you start talking about murfreesboro.

5. camden loses a lot of starters so they may be back to everyone else next year.

6. this group of coaches have pulled their hair out trying to piece together a group of kids who some were discipline problems and some were always hurt, and some were knocked out for the season. i think with what the coaches had to work/ or not work with each week they did all they could possibly do.

7. heard one of the coaches say that this ugly chapter was closed and now it is time to open a new one with a lot of changes.

8. if you don't like the way waverly looks it is a good thing your from camden, because you don't have to see them but once a year.

Rcombs was just being nice to you all. As far as taking advice from anyone we will take it from the teams that respect us like Milan. So just head on back to Loserville 0- 10. Your future is not to bright if you will wake up. Waverly is pityfull!

Hey, I'm not downing you, but seriously man, you've seen them play. This is not the Waverly I'm used to seeing. Even if both teams were 0-9, they would get up for the Camden/Wavo game. Not so.

I remember some bad Waverly teams that were terrible, but they WOULD STILL HIT YOU. They weren't even physical tonight. Honestly say that Waverly was physical tonight and I'll quit posting on CoachT. You can't because they weren't. This is not the blue and white my brother played for. Not at all.

And yes, there is a coaching problem if the player are not responding. Maybe it's the attitudes, but you cut the cancer if you are a coach.

And as far as that second round game goes, we'll worry about that after the first round. Have fun with basketball season.

Camden may be losing some seniors, but they aren't losing the work ethic our coaches have instilled on our boys. They'll be in the weightroom all summer getting ready to kick your butts again on their way to a third consecutive region championship.

Rcombs was just being nice to you all. As far as taking advice from anyone we will take it from the teams that respect us like Milan. So just head on back to Loserville 0- 10. Your future is not to bright if you will wake up. Waverly is pityfull!

Personally, I think the Waverly coaches did a tremendous job with the amount of kids who were hurt all year long. Most games 13-14 kids were hurt. Now, you Camden guys have a really good team and I think you are the best team we have played all year long. But don't read too much into last nights game other than the fact you were playing a mostly JV squad, mostly freshmen and sophomores. Having said that, there were some impact players like Scot Anderson and Nick Berciik who will be back next year not playing. With the graduation losses of Camden and with Waverly's returning players basically the whole team you saw last night plus some more guys, the game at Waverly next year will be a lot better. In fact if they play the way I know they are capable of playing and get everyone back, Waverly will win next year. We did outscore your team for next year on the field in the second half. Yeah, I know some of the guys coming back were on the sideline, but very few of them and we did have several guys not playing that are really good.

But good luck this year, rooting that you will win it all.

You're right, we didn't play physical last night. I am with you, used to throw out the record books on this one and everyone hit everyone hard. The only physical game that I saw Waverly play this year was against Huntingdon and I had hoped that team would have shown up last night, but some of the leaders who played that night were out last night. The ability is there, the coaching is there and Waverly will be back.

Personally, I think the Waverly coaches did a tremendous job with the amount of kids who were hurt all year long. Most games 13-14 kids were hurt. Now, you Camden guys have a really good team and I think you are the best team we have played all year long. But don't read too much into last nights game other than the fact you were playing a mostly JV squad, mostly freshmen and sophomores. Having said that, there were some impact players like Scot Anderson and Nick Berciik who will be back next year not playing. With the graduation losses of Camden and with Waverly's returning players basically the whole team you saw last night plus some more guys, the game at Waverly next year will be a lot better. In fact if they play the way I know they are capable of playing and get everyone back, Waverly will win next year. We did outscore your team for next year on the field in the second half. Yeah, I know some of the guys coming back were on the sideline, but very few of them and we did have several guys not playing that are really good.

But good luck this year, rooting that you will win it all.

You're right, we didn't play physical last night. I am with you, used to throw out the record books on this one and everyone hit everyone hard. The only physical game that I saw Waverly play this year was against Huntingdon and I had hoped that team would have shown up last night, but some of the leaders who played that night were out last night. The ability is there, the coaching is there and Waverly will be back.

I honestly don't know where to start with this post.........all i am going to say is good luck next year Waverly.....you will need it.....it's hard to keep people intrested in a losing program.....your coachs have a hard road ahead

Papa tiger wrote,

With the graduation losses of Camden and with Waverly's returning players basically the whole team you saw last night plus some more guys, the game at Waverly next year will be a lot better. In fact if they play the way I know they are capable of playing and get everyone back, Waverly will win next year.

It might be better for waverly next year,But I dont see much a loss of performance from Camden for next year.You got Travis,Crawley,Ibarra,Gaskin,Latendressee,Dudley,Summers, Pagal just to name a few.The pipeline still runs strong.

What is QB name for Waverly?Did the CooK kid get any burn this year ?I know that he will be a stud in a year or two.

QB's name is Jake Hale, a freshman. Cook, a freshman got very little playing time. But you're right, he's going to be good.

Papa tiger wrote,With the graduation losses of Camden and with Waverly's returning players basically the whole team you saw last night plus some more guys, the game at Waverly next year will be a lot better. In fact if they play the way I know they are capable of playing and get everyone back, Waverly will win next year. It might be better for waverly next year,But I dont see much a loss of performance from Camden for next year.You got Travis,Crawley,Ibarra,Gaskin,Latendressee,Dudley,Summers, Pagal just to name a few.The pipeline still runs strong.

Travis and Crawley I recognize but the others are just names to me. And Like I said in my post, I realize that you had a few on the bench who would be back, but so did we, who didn't play at all. Next year will be interesting to say the least.