HUNTERS LANE IS BACK

hunnalanewarrior

Just found out somethig that should throw some fuel on the fire

one of the directors for athletics at hunters lane high school's wife works at--------------------------------------------------

you guessed it the tssaa

where she is-----

ronnie carters executive assistant!!!

haven't seen that disclosed anywhere have you??

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I look to how to run schools washington dc and new york city are right at the top we all know how well their systems are run /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

10 semesters to play 8 - you have got to be kidding me. "Well it helps a child that may have failed a year of hs."

I have news for you that the folks in new york and washington dc have not told you

IF YOU ARE FAILING IN HS AND MISSING CLASS YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE PLAYING FOOTBALL YOU NEED BE STUDYING AND TRYING TO PASS HS!!

just as a note dc and nyc have the lowest graduation rates and worst schools in the country.

The kid is passing and attending school. He What else do you guys want from him? His right arm? DC and NYC have high crime rates as well. Do you all think those are all 5th year seniors committing those crimes as well. Heck, at least the kid is not a high school dropout. Let's dig into what is encouraging kids to dropout. Don't you all not think staying in a 5th year until you do indeed graduate is not noteworthy? Our most educated people who continue on to go to college don't always complete a 4-year undergrad program in 4 years. Sometimes it takes 5 or more. Go down in the hood and see how many teenage boys have to work to help mom make ends meet and you will find that not all kids are goofing off the reason their grades are not good and they aren't attending school. Some kids get out of school and go to jobs that they work until 11:00 p.m. or 12:00 a.m. at night to help pay rent. Us rich folk on CoachT would not know anything about that. This kid is not trying to take advantage of the rules and the system to get some lucrative scholarship. He is a 150 lbs. DB at best. Many are acting like HL snuck some 2,500 yard 6'1" 215 lb running back or 6'7" 350 lb DE on the roster. This kids grades and behavior is a success story if you understand where he's come from. HE IS STUDYING and HE WILL PASS HS!!!! Also there are states that don't implement this rule that have very low graduation rates too!!!!!!!!!!

The kid is passing and attending school. He What else do you guys want from him? His right arm? DC and NYC have high crime rates as well. Do you all think those are all 5th year seniors committing those crimes as well. Heck, at least the kid is not a high school dropout. Let's dig into what is encouraging kids to dropout. Don't you all not think staying in a 5th year until you do indeed graduate is not noteworthy? Our most educated people who continue on to go to college don't always complete a 4-year undergrad program in 4 years. Sometimes it takes 5 or more. Go down in the hood and see how many teenage boys have to work to help mom make ends meet and you will find that not all kids are goofing off the reason their grades are not good and they aren't attending school. Some kids get out of school and go to jobs that they work until 11:00 p.m. or 12:00 a.m. at night to help pay rent. Us rich folk on CoachT would not know anything about that. This kid is not trying to take advantage of the rules and the system to get some lucrative scholarship. He is a 150 lbs. DB at best. Many are acting like HL snuck some 2,500 yard 6'1" 215 lb running back or 6'7" 350 lb DE on the roster. This kids grades and behavior is a success story if you understand where he's come from. HE IS STUDYING and HE WILL PASS HS!!!! Also there are states that don't implement this rule that have very low graduation rates too!!!!!!!!!!

"Us rich folk "

oh its all the rich fault

let me tell you something. I grew up with 4 sisters and my mom pressed pants at a factory and my dad worked at a gas station and we were poor and lived next to the projects in a slum rental house.

I was always told you get what you work for nobody is going to give you anything.

I also played hs football for a coach and principal that would not let you play if you had one f on your report card and if you had 2 you were off the team period and they meant it.

I made the grades and studied hard so I could play

wow how the world has changed now its well if you fail -- and miss enough days you will be rewarded with another year of --------------------- football.

it is a stupid rule and it should be as written 8 semesters period if you want to play come to school and pass.

"Us rich folk "

oh its all the rich fault

let me tell you something. I grew up with 4 sisters and my mom pressed pants at a factory and my dad worked at a gas station and we were poor and lived next to the projects in a slum rental house.

I was always told you get what you work for nobody is going to give you anything.

I also played hs football for a coach and principal that would not let you play if you had one f on your report card and if you had 2 you were off the team period and they meant it.

I made the grades and studied hard so I could play

wow how the world has changed now its well if you fail -- and miss enough days you will be rewarded with another year of --------------------- football.

it is a stupid rule and it should be as written 8 semesters period if you want to play come to school and pass.

That was a sarcastic rich folk to force your hand. No I am not blaming the rich. It did what I intended it to do. Uncover the fact that coming from your background you understand exactly how hard it is to succeed in this society. I'm sure you can't say it was easy given your circumstances. Unless you're some Einstein. What you are wanting is a ONE AND DONE rule. One strike and your out. That's not life. That's not TSSAA. That's not MNPS. That's not GOD. We have a LORD that forgives us for our sins, yet we won't forgive a kid for failing a class? That's insane! It saddens me that this kid is reading all of this. We keep reminding him of what a big failure he used to be.

"Us rich folk "

The world has indeed changed...Surprisingly enough that rule has not. According to Ronnie Carter, that rule has been the same the 42 years he has been involved in this. So even the coaches we were coached by and the players we played with were governed by this rule the same way.

"By the way the tssaa rule does not even address they why of the student athlete being out 40 days. It does not say it has to be medical or give any guidance as to the reason. It just says that the missing 40 days makes that semester not count toward the 8 semesters."

People, this is an excellent opportunity to address the rules established by the TSSAA that govern this issue and hopefully make them more specific concerning missing 40 days in a semester. Does anyone know when the last revision of this rule was?

42 years

ok

all you posters name me one other player you know of getting a 5th year, not by name but school and year.

I have been around for 40 plus years and can not name one?

Ronnie Carter knows the names. I don't recall. Have you been on staff with TSSAA for 40 plus years or just a part of the high school team you support? There may not be any at your school, but according to the TSSAA there are some in this state who have.

You can't keep a student at home who is physically and mentally able to attend school. It is against the law.

If he is unable to attend because of medical reasons then he must go homebound which means he is technically still in school so that doesn't work, either.

I can't imagine many cases where a kid physically can't go homebound yet would be well enough to play sports six months later.

Perhaps the case at Hunters Lane is the exception to all of the above but I don't think there will be many exceptions.

If it's against the law, just get the kid to punch out a teacher, that should work.

The NCAA Clearinghouse has provisions for this... Oliver Middle School has posted this on their site to provide education of this rule. It doesn't get much bigger than the Clearinghouse.

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:kaLTB...lient=firefox-a

NCAA Requirement for College Scholarships in Athletics

Fifth Year of High School

At the discretion of the high school principal, a non-graduated student who has completed four years of high school, may return for a fifth year if the student:

* Has been continuously enrolled

* Is able to complete all requirements for graduation (6 credits on a traditional schedule, 7 credits at Nashville School of the Arts, or 8 credits at Hunters Lane) within one year

* Attends summer school, if necessary, and achieves satisfactory grades

* Exhibits satisfactory behavior and attendance during the fourth year

Any student granted permission to enroll for a fifth year must maintain satisfactory behavior, attendance and grades. If at any time these conditions are not met, the principal may remove the student from the high school and refer him/her to the adult school. In extenuating circumstances, a principal may grant a student an additional year to graduate.

A fifth-year student, who feels that he/she has been incorrectly denied attendance for a fifth year, may appeal the decision to the Executive Tier Director 9-12, Learning Support Services. The Executive Tier Director??™s decision is final.

For reasons that protect the privacy of an individual under law, it never should have made it to The Tennessean that the kid had some issues with attendance. So for reasons that protect the privacy of an individual under law, it SHOULD NOT be made public the reasons why his attendance is what it was. Unfortunately those knowledgeable about the circumstances CAN NOT share all of the details because that would be uncovering what is in his personal files. Maybe if you all had all of the information you would get off this.