HUNTERS LANE IS BACK

hunnalanewarrior

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck to Hunters Lane!!!! They are my pick to come out of that quadrent in 5A (Regions 5 & 6) and play White Station in the semifinals. I hope that the Warriors pound Glencliff into submission next year. Playing with kids emotions like this just because a player gets some action late in a beating of a contest is ridiculous.

That would be like me as a CCCHS fan going and checking the eligability of all the players on David Lipscomb's team /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Hunters Lane avoids forfeits

By JEFF LOCKRIDGE

Staff Writer

After a weekend of uncertainty, Hunters Lane learned today it does not have to forfeit its seven football victories this season.

Hunters Lane Coach Richard Campbell and Metro Athletics Director Scott Brunette spoke with Tennessee Secondary Schools Athletic Association Executive Director Ronnie Carter this morning regarding eligibility concerns over a part-time starter who has played in all of the Warriors’ nine games.

Even though the player is currently in his fifth year of high school, he was ruled eligible since he did not attend at least 40 days of school during two semesters – the minimum days required to be counted against a player’s eight semesters of athletic eligibility.

Campbell learned of the player’s fifth-year status Friday night and immediately brought it to Brunette’s attention.

Hunters Lane (7-2) would clinch the top playoff seed in Region 5-5A with a win over Hendersonville this week.

so let me get this straight

you CAN be a 5th year senior in hs football now

cool

If you have a kid struggling as a sophmore or junior have him sit out - just make sure he misses the minimum days and there you go you have a redshirt year in hs.

Talk about opening up a can of worms! I imagine there are some coaches in memphis ( an area that has a huge drop out rate and low scores) are checking those attedance records of some underclassmen right now!

Good for the other hl players but still not sure about why somebody that was academically ineligible last year and apparently missed over 40 days of school at some point during his 5 years is still playing hs football.

It is VERY important that you UNDERSTAND the rules ESPECIALLY before you report that someone is violating them. The TSSAA handbook is on its web site. It has be the same for a LONG time. Do not go on what somebody tells you there rules are. You have EIGHT semesters of eligibility. ONLY the 7th and 8th have to be played consecutively. If you fail to achieve the minimum requirements a semester, you have to sit out the next semester. There is NOTHING that says you lose that semester. You STILL have EIGHT semesters of athletic eligibility. Of course you have to meet the age requirement as well and this kid does. The Glencliff Coach did NOT desire to report Hunters Lane, others at Glencliff were interested in doing so. Those individuals NEEDED to know the rules before the put Hunters Lane out there in a negative light. Again KNOW what is in the rule book and KNOW what is on the kids OFFICIAL academic record. See it for yourself before claims like this are made. The Glenciliff coach is proud for this kid and all that he has done to turn around his situation. Be happy for him. He has done everything according to the rules as did Hunters Lane.

so let me get this straight

you CAN be a 5th year senior in hs football now

cool

If you have a kid struggling as a sophmore or junior have him sit out - just make sure he misses the minimum days and there you go you have a redshirt year in hs.

Talk about opening up a can of worms! I imagine there are some coaches in memphis ( an area that has a huge drop out rate and low scores) are checking those attedance records of some underclassmen right now!

Good for the other hl players but still not sure about why somebody that was academically ineligible last year and apparently missed over 40 days of school at some point during his 5 years is still playing hs football.

He was NOT academically ineligible last year. He did NOT play last year, but he was NOT academically ineligible. That why it is important to know the details. And a person who attends less than 40 days of school in a semester is not necessarily doing it to gain an additional year of participation. Severe illness can cause a student to miss many days, etc. Beginning the semesters that he attended less than 40 days, he was academically eligible to play, so I don't think he decided to skip those semesters to save them for his last year.

Good Luck to Hunters Lane!!!! They are my pick to come out of that quadrent in 5A (Regions 5 & 6) and play White Station in the semifinals. I hope that the Warriors pound Glencliff into submission next year. Playing with kids emotions like this just because a player gets some action late in a beating of a contest is ridiculous.

That would be like me as a CCCHS fan going and checking the eligability of all the players on David Lipscomb's team /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Not like you big country. Going off without knowing the all the facts. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Not like you big country. Going off without knowing the all the facts. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Explain this one to me shadow PLEASE!!! If I am mistaken then I do apologize however what I have heard is that Glencliff's coaching staff reviewed the records of a Hunters Lane student athlete following the Colts loss to the Warriors. They even supposedly were said to have taken it all the way to the guidance counselor at HLHS and the final verdict was that a fifth year player was playing football of HLHS. How are you a fifth year senior if you've passed English for every single year up to now and have at least gotten 6/8 possible credits per year. Is this student granted a fifth year of eligibility because he didn't fail English but didn't pass enough credits in a prior year to the 2006-2007 school year?????

I am not trying to be a wise guy here shadow I just am confused as to how this whole situation came about.