HUNTERS LANE IS BACK

hunnalanewarrior

So now your rewarded for missing over 40 days of school, seems a little ridiculous to me!!!!

This is no reward. It may seem odd to you but understand no matter how many days he attended anyone semester, he ONLY played a year of football at Glencliff as a freshman and this year at Hunters Lane. Period. He has played no other football or any sport for that matter during his time in high school. It may seem ridiculous to some that a student can make 5 D's and 1 F and still be eligible the next semester. It may even seem ridiculous the player might be 1 point above a F in any one of those classes, but RIDICULOUS is all it seems. That's not illegal nor is it a reward. IT IS THE RULE and we have been governed by TSSAA rules for a LONG time. I would love to think all kids make all A's and never miss a day of school and we would not have to worry about these rules, but the truth is, some of these rules keep some of our kids on the football fields and basketball courts and off the streets. Kids at EVERY school.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great news for Coach Campbell and the Warriors--but has it been established why the young lad was not in school?

The only knowledge I have of this whole situation is from reading these boards, but it could be a hardship case where it is dealt with on an individual basis between the student and his family and with the school board. If that is the case, which I don't know if it is or not I'm just speculating, but if that's it, then it's a personal matter and not really anybodies buisness except the student himself.

There's too many people on here trying to cast this young man in a negative shadow when nobody here knows the entire story. I don't think Coach Abner is the type of person who would go to all this trouble to get HLs season forfeited. He's a stand up guy from what I can tell. And there's nothing for Glencliff to gain from the situation if HL did have to forfeit. Let the people involved in this clear it up on their own without a bunch of internet warriors trying to create drama.

The only knowledge I have of this whole situation is from reading these boards, but it could be a hardship case where it is dealt with on an individual basis between the student and his family and with the school board. If that is the case, which I don't know if it is or not I'm just speculating, but if that's it, then it's a personal matter and not really anybodies buisness except the student himself.

There's too many people on here trying to cast this young man in a negative shadow when nobody here knows the entire story. I don't think Coach Abner is the type of person who would go to all this trouble to get HLs season forfeited. He's a stand up guy from what I can tell. And there's nothing for Glencliff to gain from the situation if HL did have to forfeit. Let the people involved in this clear it up on their own without a bunch of internet warriors trying to create drama.

I agree

I am glad that HL did not have to forfeit. I also know that Coach Campbell is a guy that dots his I's and crosses his T's. I have one question though, if someone close knows. The English thing is what made me think about it. Did the student receive any credits the year that he he attended less than 40 days?

Hunters Lane deserves a shot at the region title. I for one hope they get it. Not having the BEST team in the region is a travesty...lets not repeat 2003arriors.

First and foremost kids are at school to learn and get a education, i had a son who was a 5th year senior and was not allowed to play his 5th year of high school and he didn't play at all any of the previous four years seems like exceptions are made for some but not others. And i still say that missing over 40 days of school is RIDICULOUS and your still allowed to participate in a high school sport that's a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First and foremost kids are at school to learn and get a education, i had a son who was a 5th year senior and was not allowed to play his 5th year of high school and he didn't play at all any of the previous four years seems like exceptions are made for some but not others. And i still say that missing over 40 days of school is RIDICULOUS and your still allowed to participate in a high school sport that's a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely agree it doesn't seem like he should be allowed to play sports if he doesn't want to attend school.