HUNTERS LANE IS BACK

hunnalanewarrior

It seems to me that instead of crucifying this kid we, as a football community should be rejoicing in the apparent fact (per AirForceOne) that this kid has found a better direction for his life through being involved in a quality football program. We should also be happy for Hunters Lane being able to continue the course of their season. You tell me what team would go 7-2 and not feel crushed to be told they had to forfeit everything they've worked for? There's way too many of our youths that have misguided lifes and never get the opportunity to get some good solid leadership and positive examples to get things turned around. Chances are pretty good that this kid won't play at the next level. (he may, I have no idea, but the numbers say most h.s. players don't play in college) So what would you think he'd become if his life didn't get changed? And didn't Hunters Lane earn their 7-2 record? Do you really think one guy made so much difference in their season? Potential playoff opponents...do you fear facing Hunters Lane?

And, no, I certainly don't condone the "putting his hands on a teacher" thing. But I don't have all the facts there. And again, it seems his story is one of learning from past mistakes and turning to a more positive direction. Seems like a success story for our football community to me. C'mon people!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSSAA has NEVER had a 8 consecutive semester rule. Let me back up. Ronnie Carter says that in the 42 years he has been in this there has not been a 8 consecutive semester rule. The only semesters that have to be consecutive is the 7th and 8th.

It has been done in other parts of the state, where a kid pulled out of school for health reasons (injury playing a sport) and still retained his 8 semesters of eligibilty assuming they had not attended 40 days of school. Hence the rule that now also states if you attend school less then 40 days, yet you played in any games it WILL count as a semester. That stops a student from dropping out after a season-ending injury to try and regain that semester.

This is still a tragic situation no matter how you look at it. 40 Days, 40 nights' not going to school, atercations with teachers, not making the grades -- All this makes me sick --- The Kid has no business being allowed to play if he cannot conform to the rules of the school and each school should back the other one up on this (coaches included).

He should have to go to school and complete a year without any distractions from his SCHOOL (after all that is the reason for attending or is it) Then he can enjoy the extra benefits others enjoy we do things the right way.

Oh Wo Is Me -- Shouldn't be an exuse. Prove you deserve the CHANCE.

This is still a tragic situation no matter how you look at it. 40 Days, 40 nights' not going to school, atercations with teachers, not making the grades -- All this makes me sick --- The Kid has no business being allowed to play if he cannot conform to the rules of the school and each school should back the other one up on this (coaches included).

He should have to go to school and complete a year without any distractions from his SCHOOL (after all that is the reason for attending or is it) Then he can enjoy the extra benefits others enjoy we do things the right way.

I agree with you about the kid..........This program or any other team shouldn't have their season taken away because a kid done something the coaches or school was not aware of. I mean,if we suited up one of our coaches who happened to play at UT and went pro{Teddie Gains}.That would be the kind of thing you can't overlook.A program can only do so much and I'm glad for the rest of Hunters Lane's players and that whole program.

"He should have to go to school and complete a year without any distractions from his SCHOOL (after all that is the reason for attending or is it) Then he can enjoy the extra benefits others enjoy we do things the right way."

Hunters Lane made him sit ALL of last year to prove to them he was serious about turning himself around. He was eligible last year and was not allowed to play. He did EVERYTHING for the team, from keeping the stats to being the water boy. His encounter with the coach was entering his sophomore year. The same with his attendance. His attendance has been outstanding this year. It was outstanding last year. He has not played football since 2003/2004. It was not until his 3rd year at HL that he was allowed to play football. So does that satisfy "He should have to go to school and complete a year without any distractions from his SCHOOL"? And so can he "enjoy the extra benefits others enjoy we do things the right way"? He proved to everyone that he had indeed changed. Has he proven he "deserves the CHANCE"

"He should have to go to school and complete a year without any distractions from his SCHOOL (after all that is the reason for attending or is it) Then he can enjoy the extra benefits others enjoy we do things the right way."

Hunters Lane made him sit ALL of last year to prove to them he was serious about turning himself around. He was eligible last year and was not allowed to play. He did EVERYTHING for the team, from keeping the stats to being the water boy. His encounter with the coach was entering his sophomore year. The same with his attendance. His attendance has been outstanding this year. It was outstanding last year. He has not played football since 2003/2004. It was not until his 3rd year at HL that he was allowed to play football. So does that satisfy "He should have to go to school and complete a year without any distractions from his SCHOOL"? And so can he "enjoy the extra benefits others enjoy we do things the right way"? He proved to everyone that he had indeed changed. Has he proven he "deserves the CHANCE"

It sounds like he couldnt have done any more to prove himself. Congrats to football and Coach Campbell and many others for helping turn someone's life around.

I think you will find that many of those who are speaking so negatively of this situation are assocaiated with teams that have or will have to play HL at some point this season.

It sounds like he couldnt have done any more to prove himself. Congrats to football and Coach Campbell and many others for helping turn someone's life around.

I think you will find that many of those who are speaking so negatively of this situation are assocaiated with teams that have or will have to play HL at some point this season.

I can't speak for everyone but as for me that is not the case. Even if it where the case I still wouldn't want the rest of the kids on the team to suffer for the actions of one. My reply was made in general towards Administrators etc. who would allow this. Our schools are going down hill fast, as are some of the sports played in them.

If this kid did indeed sit out and made the grades and attended school responsibly - then maybe he deserves another chance. Let's just don't giveit to him - make him prove himself.

I can't speak for everyone but as for me that is not the case. Even if it where the case I still wouldn't want the rest of the kids on the team to suffer for the actions of one. My reply was made in general towards Administrators etc. who would allow this. Our schools are going down hill fast, as are some of the sports played in them.

If this kid did indeed sit out and made the grades and attended school responsibly - then maybe he deserves another chance. Let's just don't giveit to him - make him prove himself.

It wasnt given to him, he earned it. As stated by others on this thread who obviously know more than you or I.

Have you ever been an administrator? Your comment makes it fairly obvious that you have not, or you would not have made it. And until you have stood in the role of an administrator, its best you keep uninformed advice unsaid. Yes, before you ask it, I am a former administrator. Sometimes things do slip though. It happens despite everyones best effort. Since you were left with no one to blame(coaches or player), you now decide to jump on the administration? Come on.

It was an unintentional mistake. The kid paid for his mistakes. The coach reported his mistake. The admin will take steps to avoid similar future mistakes. TSSAA excused the mistake. Move on

It wasnt given to him, he earned it. As stated by others on this thread who obviously know more than you or I.

Have you ever been an administrator? Your comment makes it fairly obvious that you have not, or you would not have made it. And until you have stood in the role of an administrator, its best you keep uninformed advice unsaid. Yes, before you ask it, I am a former administrator. Sometimes things do slip though. It happens despite everyones best effort. Since you were left with no one to blame(coaches or player), you now decide to jump on the administration? Come on.

It was an unintentional mistake. The kid paid for his mistakes. The coach reported his mistake. The admin will take steps to avoid similar future mistakes. TSSAA excused the mistake. Move on

I think last time i checked this is a forum to express opinions and have a discussion on topics. So many things to day are left up to people who can't even make decisions for themselves let alone others and i'm sure all involved are not clean and free of blame.

If you can't accept others opinions maybe you should find somewhere else to voice your own.

If you can't see mistakes where made then you are blinded by something other than the facts. Just because the coach reported his mistake doesn't relieve the responsabilities he has to others. Like i said the kids shouldn't pay - they worked hard for what they have - but if you say ok to this one the next one will be done and the next and the next --- to do nothing is wrong

Administrators and Coaches can be held accountable -- the toughness of the job has nothing to do with it -- they must account just as all of us do in our jobs

I think last time i checked this is a forum to express opinions and have a discussion on topics. So many things to day are left up to people who can't even make decisions for themselves let alone others and i'm sure all involved are not clean and free of blame.

If you can't accept others opinions maybe you should find somewhere else to voice your own.

If you can't see mistakes where made then you are blinded by something other than the facts. Just because the coach reported his mistake doesn't relieve the responsabilities he has to others. Like i said the kids shouldn't pay - they worked hard for what they have - but if you say ok to this one the next one will be done and the next and the next --- to do nothing is wrong

Administrators and Coaches can be held accountable -- the toughness of the job has nothing to do with it -- they must account just as all of us do in our jobs

What mistake? The ruling is that the player is eligible. Yes, we all are accountable on our jobs and as perfect as I would love to be on my job I am not. In fact, if I was perfect, I would go work for NASA and solve all their space shuttle problelms, but the real truth is that I do occassionally make a mistake. It would have been nice if I was a perfect child but I was not. I made mistakes and learned from those mistakes. There are things that I would do differently, if given a second chance. Why are people so down on a child? For what reason do you want the entire football team to suffer? You all act like you were perfect children and are now perfect adults.

What mistake? The ruling is that the player is eligible. Yes, we all are accountable on our jobs and as perfect as I would love to be on my job I am not. In fact, if I was perfect, I would go work for NASA and solve all their space shuttle problelms, but the real truth is that I do occassionally make a mistake. It would have been nice if I was a perfect child but I was not. I made mistakes and learned from those mistakes. There are things that I would do differently, if given a second chance. Why are people so down on a child? For what reason do you want the entire football team to suffer? You all act like you were perfect children and are now perfect adults.

Look, if everything that has happened with this kid falls within the rules of the TSSAA then it's a moot point. Let's all move on and let the season turn out the way it's going to turnout by playing the games. I don't condone what the kid did by any means but if he has stayed out of trouble, gone to school and truly turned things around in his life then that's what's most important. If he is being made elgible by ignoring or twisting the rules of the TSSAA then I have a problem with that. Let's hope it's the former and not the latter because of the message it sends out. The coach at Glencliff did the right thing and so did the coach at Hunters Lane. If anything, the TSSAA rules that govern this situation should be reviewed to make sure it covers all aspects of this situation and simular senerios in hopes to clear up any cloudy or gray areas that may arise in the future.

I'll be the biggest Hunters Lane fan in TN Friday night. This Green Wave fan knows you guys are the best team we faced in the region this year!

Look, if everything that has happened with this kid falls within the rules of the TSSAA then it's a moot point. Let's all move on and let the season turn out the way it's going to turnout by playing the games. I don't condone what the kid did by any means but if he has stayed out of trouble, gone to school and truly turned things around in his life then that's what's most important. If he is being made elgible by ignoring or twisting the rules of the TSSAA then I have a problem with that. Let's hope it's the former and not the latter because of the message it sends out. The coach at Glencliff did the right thing and so did the coach at Hunters Lane. If anything, the TSSAA rules that govern this situation should be reviewed to make sure it covers all aspects of this situation and simular senerios in hopes to clear up any cloudy or gray areas that may arise in the future.

I'll be the biggest Hunters Lane fan in TN Friday night. This Green Wave fan knows you guys are the best team we faced in the region this year!

Totally Agree with both parts , well said