lake county @ greenfield

volfan007

if all goes well in the universe friday nite, then union city will beat gleason....which has to happen for greenfield. and, greenfield will beat lake county...which has to happen for greenfield to make the playoffs. do yall think that u.c. will beat gleason? and, will greenfield beat lake co.? is lake co. have internal problems on the football team? is the big running back on lake county hurt? i heard that he was. and, i heard that a very fast, talented db/punt returner/kick returner for lake county walked off the team? true or not?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if all goes well in the universe friday nite, then union city will beat gleason....which has to happen for greenfield. and, greenfield will beat lake county...which has to happen for greenfield to make the playoffs. do yall think that u.c. will beat gleason? and, will greenfield beat lake co.? is lake co. have internal problems on the football team? is the big running back on lake county hurt? i heard that he was. and, i heard that a very fast, talented db/punt returner/kick returner for lake county walked off the team? true or not?

I think UC beats Gleason easily. Too much speed and UC can pass the ball. Gleason will come out strong but in the end UC has to many numbers. Greenfield and LC will be a good one for a half. But I think Greenfield prevails. Bogans did get banged up a little vs McKenzie last week. But when gets rolling he's hard to bring down. LC did take the opening kickoff down to the McKenize 38 I think it was. And yes, he is fast. We had heard LC could throw the ball but our D Line was in the backfield all night. If GF has any nose guard with any type of speed, they will be in the backfield also.

Be careful though, if you beat Gleason by more than 10, you get accused of running the score up!

Listen,I'm all for giving a team respect....You don't and they will beat you...Coaches tend to over-hype their opponents though and it creates an adverse affect on teen-age kids,I believe it does anyway...Gleason should never beat Union City in football....But,having said that,look at UC's game with Greenfield..UC is up 14-0,driving and about to score a TD that will put them up 21-0....What does UC do??..They throw an interception in the endzone,then G'Field completes a couple of passes and they score right before half....So instead of about to be blowing out the Yellow Jackets,they are in the game at half with momentum.....

I'm going to give the Bulldogs props...They have their first winning season in 12 years locked up....Noah Lampkins has his kids believing in his system and they are on the right track...I don't believe they are all that concerned with the teams they have to play...I'm talking size of schools,of course because it doesn't matter who Gleason plays,they will be the smaller school in 1A....I believe if they griped about their predicament like some of their fans like to do,they never would win...So,major props to the coaching staff and players for not buying into that built in excuse when they do lose a game.....Had they taken care of business when they played Greenfield and Lake County they would not be in the do or die situation they find themselves in Friday nite.....

UC has the playoffs locked down but I would sure rather go to Somerville albeit a long drive, than Jackson and play T.C.A. in the first round,so I don't think UC will come out flat against the Bulldogs....

I think UC will play well and win.....I think Gleason will play well at first,but lose 36-12.....

Listen,I'm all for giving a team respect....You don't and they will beat you...Coaches tend to over-hype their opponents though and it creates an adverse affect on teen-age kids,I believe it does anyway...Gleason should never beat Union City in football....But,having said that,look at UC's game with Greenfield..UC is up 14-0,driving and about to score a TD that will put them up 21-0....What does UC do??..They throw an interception in the endzone,then G'Field completes a couple of passes and they score right before half....So instead of about to be blowing out the Yellow Jackets,they are in the game at half with momentum.....

I'm going to give the Bulldogs props...They have their first winning season in 12 years locked up....Noah Lampkins has his kids believing in his system and they are on the right track...I don't believe they are all that concerned with the teams they have to play...I'm talking size of schools,of course because it doesn't matter who Gleason plays,they will be the smaller school in 1A....I believe if they griped about their predicament like some of their fans like to do,they never would win...So,major props to the coaching staff and players for not buying into that built in excuse when they do lose a game.....Had they taken care of business when they played Greenfield and Lake County they would not be in the do or die situation they find themselves in Friday nite.....

UC has the playoffs locked down but I would sure rather go to Somerville albeit a long drive, than Jackson and play T.C.A. in the first round,so I don't think UC will come out flat against the Bulldogs....

I think UC will play well and win.....I think Gleason will play well at first,but lose 36-12.....

big school prevails again u.c by 3 touchdowns!

The title of the thread concerns Greenfield/Lake County and I forgot to touch on that game...I'll have to wait on Mr.Bigster to confirm any of the stuff that volfan007 brought up about Lake County....If all that stuff is false I'll have to take Lake County because of their passing game....If LC has players injured,quit,suspended..whatever....I'll have to go with Greenfield because LC isn't that deep.....

The title of the thread concerns Greenfield/Lake County and I forgot to touch on that game...I'll have to wait on Mr.Bigster to confirm any of the stuff that volfan007 brought up about Lake County....If all that stuff is false I'll have to take Lake County because of their passing game....If LC has players injured,quit,suspended..whatever....I'll have to go with Greenfield because LC isn't that deep.....

I would agree with that.

There are no internal problems with Lake Co. Bogan will play in the game. A few of the falcons are banged up right now. Not sure of the status of Kimble being on the team or not.He did not practice today. I would not put alot of stock on what you hear about the falcons everything is fine with them as far as internal problems. The falcons have 3 starters out and they have been out since the Bruceton game. None of the three will play this week. The key for LC is to slow down the Greenfield running game.If they can do that then they will be ok.

There are no internal problems with Lake Co. Bogan will play in the game. A few of the falcons are banged up right now. Not sure of the status of Kimble being on the team or not.He did not practice today. I would not put alot of stock on what you hear about the falcons everything is fine with them as far as internal problems. The falcons have 3 starters out and they have been out since the Bruceton game. None of the three will play this week. The key for LC is to slow down the Greenfield running game.If they can do that then they will be ok.

I guess some people never change! People told coach P at the begging of the season that 1 particular player had a bad attitude and wouldn't be a good influence 4 the team! But he siad he could changer him and turn him around but he is still the same and not leading my son that is a sophmore and needs leadership at all! He should be a leader and not tear the team down by running his mouth. He has been this way ever since him and my son started playing T-ball together. He shouldnt let him come back! Just my opinion

I guess some people never change! People told coach P at the begging of the season that 1 particular player had a bad attitude and wouldn't be a good influence 4 the team! But he siad he could changer him and turn him around but he is still the same and not leading my son that is a sophmore and needs leadership at all! He should be a leader and not tear the team down by running his mouth. He has been this way ever since him and my son started playing T-ball together. He shouldnt let him come back! Just my opinion

I have no opinion on this matter. Or at least I'm apparently not allowed to. And even if I did, it would most likely be taken completely out of context.

kimble is the player for lake co. that i was hearing about. so, he did walk off the team. greenfield also has several players hurt, and they too are doubtful for the lake co. game. i'm gonna predict that the game will be close thru three quarters. then, greenfield will pull away. it will something like 26-14.maybe some of yall dont realize that greenfield only has 15 to 20 more students than gleason. i'm not sure of the official numbers, but i've been told that gleason and greenfield are two of the smallest football playing schools in the state. if that be so, then for gleason to be 6-3 at this point, and for greenfield to be 4-5 and playing for a playoff spot in the region is a phenomenal accomplishment. coaches lampkins and rodehaver and both the teams ought to be very proud of thier accomplishments this year.look out for greenfield next year......it will be rodehaver's second year. the players will know his system better. they'll hit the weights again...which the jackets did not do until rodehaver!!!!! and, we have speed coming back....and, we have some big sophomore linemen who will be another year older and more experienced and mature and stronger. chase mcmullen...#44 lb/fb...and daniel rickets...#15 wr/db...will be back for thier senior years. i'm looking for special things to happen next year with the jackets.