Dyersburg vs Covington

trojansfan_04

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming off a huge loss. The finger pointing has began. How will this Trojan team respond? Whats the word on the Caldwell rumor? Anybody know how pratice is gion? What will be the response not only in this coming game but in the playoffs. Can they fix things and get hot in two weeks?

1st of all, for anyone who attended the game, you have to be excited to be a part of a great rivalry that exhibited such great character. BOTH teams displayed great sportsmanship!! That alone was worth the price of admission. The Choctaws did win the game and they diserve to be the regional champs but that is not the reason for this reply. The Trojan football team has a lot to be proud of and they DID show great respect and sportmanship! Hats off to the Trojans for that alone. Troj's keep your heads up and along with the Choc's, go out and make everyone in this county proud of the community we live in. WE ARE PROUD OF YOU ALL!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Coming off a huge loss. The finger pointing has began. How will this Trojan team respond? Whats the word on the Caldwell rumor? Anybody know how pratice is gion? What will be the response not only in this coming game but in the playoffs. Can they fix things and get hot in two weeks?

They can and will respond. I know nothing on Caldwell"s behalf, tho as a Trojan fan THEY BEST START RUNNING NORTH AND SOUTH INSTEAD OF EAST-WEST getting the ball into our playmakers hands more often. Come on these 2 are getting it only 6-7 times a game. Stop the Tom-foolery!! I would think after 9 games all can see this. Even with the wing-t spread option there are Too Many Options Left in the Playbook not getting into their hands. Really have to give the "D" credit throught out this season stepping up bigtime, but Trojans you Dont Quit Late in the game Leading and Let "em" Out deep in their end of field! Get it together TROJANS ! WE KNOW YOU CAN ! WE BELIEVE ! "TOGTHER WE ATTACH" BOTH "O" AND" D"! FOCUS FOCUS, EXCUTE, EXCUTE EXCUTE. PROVE TO YOURSELVES YOU CAN AND WILL RESPOND= 6 MORE GAMES !! GO TROJANS !!

They can and will respond. I know nothing on Caldwell"s behalf, tho as a Trojan fan THEY BEST START RUNNING NORTH AND SOUTH INSTEAD OF EAST-WEST getting the ball into our playmakers hands more often. Come on these 2 are getting it only 6-7 times a game. Stop the Tom-foolery!! I would think after 9 games all can see this. Even with the wing-t spread option there are Too Many Options Left in the Playbook not getting into their hands. Really have to give the "D" credit throught out this season stepping up bigtime, but Trojans you Dont Quit Late in the game Leading and Let "em" Out deep in their end of field! Get it together TROJANS ! WE KNOW YOU CAN ! WE BELIEVE ! "TOGTHER WE ATTACH" BOTH "O" AND" D"! FOCUS FOCUS, EXCUTE, EXCUTE EXCUTE. PROVE TO YOURSELVES YOU CAN AND WILL RESPOND= 6 MORE GAMES !! GO TROJANS !!

Didn't anybody quite except 4 the water boy and the Trojans are gonna tear them Chargers up b/c they r angry and upset!!!!Practice was very physical so i heard and my predictions for Fridays game is that the Choctaws are gonna lose b/c they have the BIG HEAD!!!! LET ME TELL YOU WHY........I OVERHEARD ON SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES ONE OF THE CHOCTAWS PLAYERS SAID TO ONE OF THE DYERSBURG PLAYERS THAT "MOVE REAGION CHAMPS COMING THROUGH" MULTIPLE TIMES!!!!!!!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Didn't anybody quite except 4 the water boy and the Trojans are gonna tear them Chargers up b/c they r angry and upset!!!!Practice was very physical so i heard and my predictions for Fridays game is that the Choctaws are gonna lose b/c they have the BIG HEAD!!!! LET ME TELL YOU WHY........I OVERHEARD ON SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES ONE OF THE CHOCTAWS PLAYERS SAID TO ONE OF THE DYERSBURG PLAYERS THAT "MOVE REAGION CHAMPS COMING THROUGH" MULTIPLE TIMES!!!!!!!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I suspect if Trojans had won you would have heard that same talk coming out of their mouths! Big deal kids talk! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Darren Bowling is our coach....AND I WILL SUPPORT HIM..... DON"T GIVE UP TROJANS....YOU MIGHT HAVE LOST THE BATTLE BUT DIDN"T LOSE THE WAR.... FRIDAY NIGHT IS HISTORY....AND ONE GAME DOESN"T A SEASON MAKE....PLAY HARD...AND I HOPE DC KEEPS PLAYING HARD.....I WOULD HAVE RATHER HAVE LOST FRIDAY NIGHT THAN LOSE TO THEM LATER ON DOWN THE ROAD IN THE PLAYOFFS.....KEEP PLAYING AND IF YOU MEET AGAIN....THIS TIME THE LOSER STAYS HOME FOR GOOD......"TAKE CARE OF COVINGTON AND SEE THEM DOWN THE ROAD".......THE SEASON AIN"T OVER.....TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS AND A REMATCH WOULD BE THAT MUCH SWEETER.....

GO TROJANS!

I hope that Dyersburg gets their mojo back. They are to good to lay down. Keep your heads up guys, a DHS/DC rematch would be even bigger a second time around. If both two teams make it to the elite 8, that would be a major point of pride for the whole community, but there is ALOT of football to be played before that happens, but it's attainable.

Wow your kidding. They do not have a big head, and you probably talk to someone who has sat on the sideline the whole year and has a big head. I promise you that the starters are already focused on Baker and the Cavs. I promise you that.

Wow your kidding. They do not have a big head, and you probably talk to someone who has sat on the sideline the whole year and has a big head. I promise you that the starters are already focused on Baker and the Cavs. I promise you that.

08 you know me ! I'm with you on their focus ! I heard good things about todays practice (on my 600 miles back!) ! I had to call every body I knew to see if their feet were back on the ground ! I spoke with one player that said "Everybody's back down to Earth & we WILL be ready!". Also talked to a couple of Dad's that never miss a practice. They said that they were impressed with the focus & not lookin back. Friday was "SWEET" but every Friday from now on just gets SWEETER guys ! Keep it in perspective ! I don't beleive thay have the "BIG HEAD" .......REASONS: 1) Seniors ; They have been spanked by Crockett ! 2) Coach Renshaw; I hear he won't even talk about his honor of being "Coach of The Week" for focusing on Crockett (If he is that focused, take to the bank that he will demand the same focus from his players 3) See both of the above !

D.C. hasn't gotten where they are without focus or by carrying a "Big HEAD" attitude ! What some on here don't take into consideration is the fact that though the victory Friday night will NEVER be forgotten by any player that was in uniform, BUT............. I doubt that they will forget the overtime with Covington OR beating Haywood at THEIR HOUSE OR beating Ripley (NO ONE ..... NO ONE GAVE THEM A CHANCE TO ACCOMPLISH ALL..... IF ANY OF THE ABOVE . This group has scratched & clawed their way to where they are. They have NOT gotten there by overlooking anyone. As always I will not make a prediction, BUT ........ I do not beleive the Choctaws have any "BIG HEAD" issues ! If someone heard 'em at the movies on Saturday ......OH WELL ! I HEARD Coach Renshaw tell them to enjoy it don't do anything stupid & come "READY TO WORK ON MONDAY". If someone heard something OR saw a little "SWAGGER" well...... they were following instructions ! They were enjoying it ! I'd hate to think that IF the Trojans had won that there wouldn't have been the same kind of behavior ! Nothin' wrong with it !

To the victor go the spoils (so to speak). There IS respect for the Cavaliers AND NOW THERE IS R-E-S-P-E-C-T FOR THE CHOCTAWS ! AND THAT RESPECT WAS EARNED & IS DESERVED !

GO CHOCTAWS AND GO TROJANS ! YOU ARE BOTH REPRESENTING THE SAME COUNTY ! ALL SHOULD BE PROUD OF BOTH TEAMS ACCOMPLISHMENTS ! WAKE UP & BE PROUD OF BOTH TEAMS !

EXCUSE ME FOR BRINGING THIS INTO A DYERSBURG / COVINGTON THREAD, BUT I THOUGHT IT WARRANTED A RESPONSE ! I WAS HOPING TO HEAR SOMETHING OTHER THAN PAST HISTORY.

HOPEFULLY THE RUMORS WERE OVERBLOWN BUT I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING ELSE SINCE FRIDAY... FROM PAST EXPERIENCE NO NEWS IS GENERALLY GOOD NEWS! THIS TROJAN TEAM HAS HAD EXTREMELY LOFTY EXPECTATIONS ATTATCHED TO THEM SINCE DAY ONE. THEY SPENT MOST OF THE SUMMER AND FALL EITHER READING ABOUT OR BEING TOLD HOW GREAT THEY WERE GOING TO BE THIS YEAR! THAT WOULD BE HARD FOR ANY OF US TO HANDLE, BUT ESPECIALLY A GROUP OF TEENAGERS! THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF THEY'LL GET FOCUSED THEY'RE STILL CAPABLE OF ACCOMPLISHING GREAT THINGS WHEN IT MATTERS THE MOST....THESE SENIORS ARE NOT GOING TO LET THE TEAM FALL APART OVER LAST WEEK'S SQUEAKER, A GAME THAT WILL BECOME LESS AND LESS SIGNIFICANT IN THE WEEKS AHEAD! HOPEFULLY PARKER WILL GET A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH THIS WEEK AND BE ABLE TO GET RID OF THE THUMB BRACE. IT'S GOING TO BE REFRESHING TO WATCH HIM WITHOUT ANY PHSICAL LIMITATIONS FOR THE FIRST TIME ALL SEASON! I LOOK FOR THE CHARGERS TO BE SUPERCHARGED FOR THIS GAME. THEY HAVE HAD A POOR SEASON BY COVINGTON STANDARDS BUT COULD SALVAGE A LITTLE BIT OF PRIDE WITH AN UPSET AGAINST DHS. REMEMBER THEY DID BEAT CROCKETT COUNTY EARLY IN THE YEAR, AND LOST TO D.C. IN NEWBERN IN OVERTIME 4 OR 5 WEEKS AGO. I WILL BE SURPRISED, NO ASTONISHED IF DHS ISN'T READY TO PLAY. I LOOK FOR THE TROJANS TO COME OUT WITH A HUNGER WE HAVEN'T SEEN IN A LONG, LONG TIME! IF THIS TEAM (AND I MEAN THE ENTIRE TEAM) EVER GETS REALLY HUNGRY AND BRINGS THAT HUNGER AND INTENSITY AND FOCUS TO EVERY BALLGAME, THEY'RE CAPABLE OF PLAYING A LOT MORE GAMES THIS SEASON....GO TROJANS!

There is no Caldwell rumor. #21 was on the practice field as usual doing his thing. Practice went well Mon. A lot of emotion and a lot of popping going on. Don't know if I would stand in the way while this train is coming down the tracks.

My opinion is that this Dyersburg offense will be in trouble if this Coach doesn't start getting the ball in Taylor and Caldwells hands more often. The first part of the season went really well with Taylor carrying a lot and with the fullbacks Ellis and Cunningham running more. These two fullbacks are powerhouses and they have shown that but for the past two weeks they haven't touched the ball. Its rediculous when Rashad and Tyler get over 100 yards each per game but only get to touch the ball 5 to 6 times. Quit having Parker run the ball from sideline to sideline 20 times a game and get the ball to the playmakers. If your going to have the QB run every play like this than Rashad Taylor needs to play QB because he is alot better at doing that. Last and defininately not least, Victor McLin has been WAY UNDER USED.