Dyersburg vs Covington

trojansfan_04

As a rule, Caldwell will have to sit. Congratulations to Beau, he played a great game. I don't think the loss of Caldwell will be that detrimental to the offense though. They are only losing about 4 touches a game with him being out. Hope they get things a little more together before next week.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was standing there when Beau came off the field....I have always said...THERE IS NO "I" IN TEAM...BUT if THERE WAS EVER ONE KID WHO LEFT EVERYTHING HE HAD ON THE FIELD.....IT WAS Beau.....I saw him with his helmet off...AND THAT KID PLAYED HIS HEART OUT.....I GUARANTEE HE LEFT IT ALL ON THE FIELD IN COVINGTON LAST NIGHT....THAT WAS "AN ALL HEART EFFORT"... HE LOOKED LIKE MIKE ALSTOTT!.And Caldwell...I DIDN"T see it happen...But from what I COULD find out......."He and another player had been going at it for awhile"....AND they both got tossed....SO Tyler will sit out NEXT week....BUT MAN IS HE SOMETHING IN THE OPEN FIELD....That one TD run....THAT KID IS SPECIAL....But DYERSBURG.....WE HAVE ONLY LOST ONE GAME....THE SEASON ISN"T OVER....RIGHT NOW EVERYBODY IS UNDEFEATED.........TAKE CARE OF HILLCREST NEXT WEEK......CHOCTAWS TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS......HOPEFULLY we get the rematch in NEWBERN IN A FEW WEEKS.........AND TROJANS....TIGHTEN UP THAT SECONDARY....GUARANTEE YOU...."EVERYBODY IS GOING TO BE COMING AT YOU OUT OF THE SHOTGUN"........THOSE LAST FEW SECONDS LAST NIGHT....COVINGTON HAD #7 RUNNING WIDE OPEN AND THERE WASN"T A TROJAN DB TO BE FOUND......I KNOW MYSELF AND ONE OF THE PARENTS ALMOST FAINTED WHEN WE SAW HIM RUNNING ALL BY HIS LONESOME ......."TIGHTEN UP DEFENSE"....

GO TROJANS!

Good hard nosed football game. Covington was keeping Dyersburg off balance until the injury took the QB out. Hate Caldwell will have to sit out a playoff game, but your offense should still be OK. Beau (?) did a great job for you folks in that last drive. Seems your defense will have to man up a bit more as you get deeper in the playoffs. Good luck to Dyersburg and our other Region teams in the playoffs. Guess I will be making the trip north to watch the games until next year when the Chargers will be back!

What about the performance of Beau the Bull last night? He played every down on both sides of the ball and carried the ball every play on the next to last offensive series and all but one play on the game winning series as well as the 2 pt. conversion. He gave it every ounce of energy in his body and should be congratulated on his effort and performance. The Covington D was keying on the other backs so we kept going to the well.

Beau's a coach's dream! I think the new coaching staff's decision to take him out of the line and move him to his linebacker slot has been a brilliant move on their part, and paid remarkable dividends! Friday night's performance is just another example of him doing anything and everything asked of him to help the Trojans win! His motor is running from the time he gets off the bus and it doesn't stop until that final horn sounds...he puts me in mind of the long time retired, all-pro middle linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys, Lee Roy Jordan....as Bear Bryant said about Jordan when he was playing for him at Alabama, I'll say the same thing about Liljenquest....."if the ball carrier stays within the field of play, Beau will be in on the tackle!!!" And that's only exaggerating a tad because the kid is all over the field....after the season's over his football career will be headed to the next level and it wouldn't surprise me if it were at a strong division 1 school! He seems to get better every single week....just an awesome young man, from a great family, tough as nails....one of those rare kids in this day and time that does all his talking with his actions on the field......another great game for Beau and a great team win for the Trojans heading into the playoffs! Go Trojans!

Not to contradict anything you wrote, but just to set a record straight: Lipscomb did not contain or shut down Caldwell last year. He had 16 carries for 129 yards and a TD.

I don't have access to the official stats of the Lipscomb game last year, but I'll take your word for it. He got quite a few of those yards early on a couple of long runs, and more late when the game had already been decided. The point I was trying to make was that even with our two explosive backs we couldn't consistently move the ball down the field and put it in the endzone against an outstanding team from Region 5. Don't misunderstand me because I wouldn't trade Caldwell OR Taylor for any other backs in the area. But I DO like the fact that we have a couple of other options out there when the opposing team is keying so much on them! Go Trojans!

I don't have access to the official stats of the Lipscomb game last year, but I'll take your word for it. He got quite a few of those yards early on a couple of long runs, and more late when the game had already been decided. The point I was trying to make was that even with our two explosive backs we couldn't consistently move the ball down the field and put it in the endzone against an outstanding team from Region 5. Don't misunderstand me because I wouldn't trade Caldwell OR Taylor for any other backs in the area. But I DO like the fact that we have a couple of other options out there when the opposing team is keying so much on them! Go Trojans!

bump