Dyersburg vs Covington

trojansfan_04

Many people seem to forget coaching goes way beyond what goes on on the field.It takes ALOT of TIME and dedication to be a coach.Be grateful you have people other than yourselves to teach your kids about life, sportsmanship,accountability,dedication and so forth.Sure you have parents that are immensely supportive of their kids but on the other hand sports is ALL some kids have as a positive life lesson! For this reason alone comments should be kept positive! People get hyped up and seem to forget the bigger scheme of things /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Good luck Trojans and GO CHOCTAWS!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm betting these Trojans will respond in a way that may bring the very best out in them. Forget about the coach changing the offense or key personel in week 10. It ain't gonna happen! There's NOTHING wrong with the offense. They have enough offensive weapons to compete with anyone if they're at their best, and I'm betting we're going to see more and more of their best in the future! One last thing....Kudos to Mike Smith's column in yesterday's STATE GAZETTE. The Trojans fell 3 points short Friday night, but the Dyer County fans out cheered us about 50 to 6!!!!!!! We truly have been spoiled by success over the last decade! In 97 in the 3rd round of the state playoffs when Hardin County came to town for the right to play Pearl Cohn in the semi-finals it was so loud you could barely hear yourself think...same thing when Melrose came to town in 99....if we expect our team to play hard each and every night, is it too much for us to get up and encourage those around us to get up and cheer as well? It's time to get excited about this team...pull together....get behind the players and coaches and let's get on our feet and help them.....believe me, I know it makes a HUGE difference! These guys haven't had the 12th man up there in the stands helping them get charged up on every play! Start this week....head to Covington with a plan to stand up and do your part to cheer these kids and the coaching staff on to victory....let's fill the place up in black in gold.....

THO THE LOSS TO DC WAS "UNEXPECTED" IT DID IN ALL REALITY "HAPPEN". ITS IN THE PAST > NOW "FOCUS" ON COVINGTON ONLY =ONE GAME AT A TIME. TROJANS ITS TIME TO MOVE FORWARD EACH GAME ONE AT A TIME WITH THAT WEEKS FOE AS YOUR POINT OF FOCUS. PREFORM AT YOUR BEST "MOST IMPORTANTY MENTALLY", PHYSICALLY , HEART AND DESIRE TO CLAIM THE PRIZE YOU HAVE WORKED 4 YEARS VERY HARD TO CLAIM AS YOURS . WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU AND YOUR COACHES (WHERE IT STARTS) .YOU ARE ALL ONE AND THE SAME "TROJANS"!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU IS THE "SOUL" OF THE TROJANS, RATHER A "TOTAL TEAM "EFFORT IS "REQUIRED" FROM EACH ONE TO "SHARE " TOGETHER! GO TROJANS!!

THO THE LOSS TO DC WAS "UNEXPECTED" IT DID IN ALL REALITY "HAPPEN". ITS IN THE PAST > NOW "FOCUS" ON COVINGTON ONLY =ONE GAME AT A TIME. TROJANS ITS TIME TO MOVE FORWARD EACH GAME ONE AT A TIME WITH THAT WEEKS FOE AS YOUR POINT OF FOCUS. PREFORM AT YOUR BEST "MOST IMPORTANTY MENTALLY", PHYSICALLY , HEART AND DESIRE TO CLAIM THE PRIZE YOU HAVE WORKED 4 YEARS VERY HARD TO CLAIM AS YOURS . WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU AND YOUR COACHES (WHERE IT STARTS) .YOU ARE ALL ONE AND THE SAME "TROJANS"!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU IS THE "SOUL" OF THE TROJANS, RATHER A "TOTAL TEAM "EFFORT IS "REQUIRED" FROM EACH ONE TO "SHARE " TOGETHER! GO TROJANS!!

Well said /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Go Trojans!

My opinion is that this Dyersburg offense will be in trouble if this Coach doesn't start getting the ball in Taylor and Caldwells hands more often. The first part of the season went really well with Taylor carrying a lot and with the fullbacks Ellis and Cunningham running more. These two fullbacks are powerhouses and they have shown that but for the past two weeks they haven't touched the ball. Its rediculous when Rashad and Tyler get over 100 yards each per game but only get to touch the ball 5 to 6 times. Quit having Parker run the ball from sideline to sideline 20 times a game and get the ball to the playmakers. If your going to have the QB run every play like this than Rashad Taylor needs to play QB because he is alot better at doing that. Last and defininately not least, Victor McLin has been WAY UNDER USED.

Coach Bowlin knows what he's doing thats why you not the coach of the Trojans he his!!!!!!Everybody are good where they at and Ellis,Cunningham,and Jones are good fullbacks but the QB have to make his reads and apperently he's been making the right reads!!!!!!!!!!!!So keep your mouth of the coaches and the team thank you very much!!!!!!!!

I I have read almost every post and agree with most of them. I like Coach Bowling. I think he could be one of the best offensive cordinators in high school football, but that is it. Offensive Cordinator.......I have seen something that I haven't seen in past years, and thats a lack of dispiline. I will say that Caldwell and Taylor have had a lack of production the past few weeks and its becuz they usually only touch the ball 7 times a game which is ludacris. Your playmakers must touch the ball reguardless of what reads were mdae by the QB. Find a way to get the ball to the playmakers..The playmakers haven't touched the ball more then 7 or 8 times in any game. Its ridicuelous. I know that in the Ripley game Caldwell had 170 on 7 carries. Me and my buddy were talking about how he could have had a monster game if he would just have touched it 15 to 18 times like he should. Thats something that needs to be fixed. I think it will. What hasn't been fixed and what I think is the major problem is the mistakes that have been made on what I think is a lack of disipline and focus. There is no reason for penalites and fumbles and dumb things like that to stop drives right in the middle of finding your rythme. We had six fumbles against Haywood and scraped by. We did the same thing against Dyer Co and it bite us....Those are things that as a football team you can do. I know that I didnt like Counce's X's and O's, but if he had three fumbles in one quarter someone would have heard about it on that sidlein. he would have been going crazy....There is none of that on this years team and intil there is the mistakes will continue.

I I have read almost every post and agree with most of them. I like Coach Bowling. I think he could be one of the best offensive cordinators in high school football, but that is it. Offensive Cordinator.......I have seen something that I haven't seen in past years, and thats a lack of dispiline. I will say that Caldwell and Taylor have had a lack of production the past few weeks and its becuz they usually only touch the ball 7 times a game which is ludacris. Your playmakers must touch the ball reguardless of what reads were mdae by the QB. Find a way to get the ball to the playmakers..The playmakers haven't touched the ball more then 7 or 8 times in any game. Its ridicuelous. I know that in the Ripley game Caldwell had 170 on 7 carries. Me and my buddy were talking about how he could have had a monster game if he would just have touched it 15 to 18 times like he should. Thats something that needs to be fixed. I think it will. What hasn't been fixed and what I think is the major problem is the mistakes that have been made on what I think is a lack of disipline and focus. There is no reason for penalites and fumbles and dumb things like that to stop drives right in the middle of finding your rythme. We had six fumbles against Haywood and scraped by. We did the same thing against Dyer Co and it bite us....Those are things that as a football team you can do. I know that I didnt like Counce's X's and O's, but if he had three fumbles in one quarter someone would have heard about it on that sidlein. he would have been going crazy....There is none of that on this years team and intil there is the mistakes will continue.

i agree about the mistakes and also Caldwell wolud have about 300 rushing yards per game if he would put him in a straight-I formation

crockett needs dburg to win sooooo i gotta pull for dburg in this one!!!!

Im with you on this one. Covington beat yall before CC got their wheels under them, so you "must" win against DC to make sure you do make the playoffs. its too bad yall had so many difficulties to overcome early in the season. you are very much in tune now with all your players playing with the Heart of "Lions". CC would be a much better team to represent our region in the playoffs. My best to the Cavs>> you can do it!

I I have read almost every post and agree with most of them. I like Coach Bowling. I think he could be one of the best offensive cordinators in high school football, but that is it. Offensive Cordinator.......I have seen something that I haven't seen in past years, and thats a lack of dispiline. I will say that Caldwell and Taylor have had a lack of production the past few weeks and its becuz they usually only touch the ball 7 times a game which is ludacris. Your playmakers must touch the ball reguardless of what reads were mdae by the QB. Find a way to get the ball to the playmakers..The playmakers haven't touched the ball more then 7 or 8 times in any game. Its ridicuelous. I know that in the Ripley game Caldwell had 170 on 7 carries. Me and my buddy were talking about how he could have had a monster game if he would just have touched it 15 to 18 times like he should. Thats something that needs to be fixed. I think it will. What hasn't been fixed and what I think is the major problem is the mistakes that have been made on what I think is a lack of disipline and focus. There is no reason for penalites and fumbles and dumb things like that to stop drives right in the middle of finding your rythme. We had six fumbles against Haywood and scraped by. We did the same thing against Dyer Co and it bite us....Those are things that as a football team you cant do. I know that I didnt like Counce's X's and O's, but if he had three fumbles in one quarter someone would have heard about it on that sidlein. he would have been going crazy....There is none of that on this years team and intil there is the mistakes will continue.

Rather than trying to explain this for the umpteenth time let's just flash back to late November of 2006....Remember David Lipscomb???? The two Trojan players you mentioned are obviously outstanding young men and exceptional atheletes who have been an intregal part of the team's gaudy record the past 3 years, but do you recall how much success they had last year against Lipscomb? Our offense looked pretty strong before that night, but once Lipscomb concentrated on stacking their defense to slow down our playmakers, we couldn't consistently move the ball. The 7th Region coaches have put most of their emphasis on doing the same thing when they play Dyersburg. That's why you see the qb keeping the ball more or it being handed off to the fullbacks, while the wingbacks aren't getting as many touches. If the ball were handed to them or pitched to them with linebackers and db's poised right in front of them when there was nothing there, not only would we see a lot of disaster, it wouldn't be too healthy for our two speedsters, at 175 and 180 pounds. Look at the difference in Dyer County's team between this year and last.....Flowers was a 2,000 yard rusher last season, good enough to be playing major college football as a true freshman. What was that team's record??? Something like 3-7. This year they are spreading the wealth to a number of people and because defenses are struggling to figure out who'll have the ball from one play to the next, the Choctaws have turned it around and are having a great season..there's more to it than that, but that's certainly a large factor in the turnaround....Be patient...Coach Bowling has very high expectations for this year's team and a much higher football IQ than you or me or your buddies.....They're 8-1, and 4 points from being 9-0. Don't fold up your tent because they lost one game. Get on board and cheer your head off! You're going to see a lot more exciting football from the Trojans in the weeks to come. There may be times you see Caldwell or Taylor carrying the ball 15 or 20 times in a game, depending on the defense our opponent's playing, but our offense is designed to take advantage of the holes the opposition leaves open. I think you'll also see a more effective passing game in the next couple of weeks. If that were to progress and go along with our two fleet footed running backs, hard nosed fullbacks, and crafty and deceptively quick quarterback, you're going to see an offense very capable of going all the way to Murfreesboro...Stick with the team and the coaching staff...they came into the year with the goal to win a state championship....and that opportunity is still out there if the students and fans get on board instead of questioning the coaches. Believe me, they're not going to change to an I formation or the spread going into week 10. They'll be working on getting better and beter at what they run, and probably adding a few more wrinkles along the way! But one thing for sure is they need you and your buddies to get on board and support your team......Go Trojans!!!!!!