Grace Baptist @ South Pittsburg

zonepirate

The score was 58-12 at the half, 28-0 at the end of the 1st qtr. The JV scored once and the second team scored 2 or 3 times. SP could have scored 90 without much trouble. Coach Mowery made some interesting decisions early on by going for it on 4th and long from their own 30 +/- yard line. They got behind the 8 ball before 6 mins had ticked off the clock. SP got the ball inside Grace's 37 yard line 3 times in the first qtr (the other possession was at midfield). The younger guys would have played more but Grace kept their starters in late and kept slinging the ball and going for it on 4th and long. Sorry but you give SP the ball on your side of the field and you are asking for trouble. Very strange game plan by Grace.

The Grace's QB Blake is amazing. He has a strong and accurate arm and can scramble better than any QB I have seen. He makes the Grace team a whole lot better. If I understand correctly he now has more all-purpose yards on the season than Mt Pleasant's Marco Daily.

Not Pretentious...I would like to hear your take on the game ......

WOW, all I know is you guys better win state. You guys have a great team. As far as your starters, I don't think you are totally accurate on who played. It looked to me that most of your starters played the whole game until the last 2 minutes. I didn't look at the whole team, but I remember seeing some of your key players like 21 and 24 out there the whole time. I definitely don't say that as if it would have mattered. You guys seem like you have tons of depth, it just didn't look as though much of it was used last night. It may have been cuz you were working on things for playoffs, but just thought I would point that out.

Again, great job SP! This GB fan is pulling for you at state...if we don't make it;)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Red Etter's 1973 Baylor team that defeated Hillcrest for the AAA title don't count. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Careful RLH, you know what happens to people who show disrespect. Baylor is a private school. Tyner was the first Hamilton County School to win a state championship.

With a little work in the weight room he does have D1 potential. What impresses me is his vision. He runs very hard and

has that very rare ability to change directions at a drop of a dime. The run he made last night was one of the best I have I have ever seen a high school player make. He ran the ball 3 times last night for about a 100 yds.

Good to see he is just a junior. Have also heard he has excellent grades. A very good kid.

he has also has about 1000 yds on only around 70 carries. 15 tds. he is super cold!!!!

That run at Grace

was godly.

WOW, all I know is you guys better win state. You guys have a great team. As far as your starters, I don't think you are totally accurate on who played. It looked to me that most of your starters played the whole game until the last 2 minutes. I didn't look at the whole team, but I remember seeing some of your key players like 21 and 24 out there the whole time. I definitely don't say that as if it would have mattered. You guys seem like you have tons of depth, it just didn't look as though much of it was used last night. It may have been cuz you were working on things for playoffs, but just thought I would point that out.

Again, great job SP! This GB fan is pulling for you at state...if we don't make it;)

On defense some the older guys did stay out there especially LBs and DBs. The younger guys just couldn't cover Grace's starting receivers and they couldn't even start to contain Josh. Heck the starters couldn't even completely contain him. The last Grace TD was against a defense with about half 2nd team and there was 1 freshman in. The offense was where most of the young guys got to play. If Grace would have pulled their starters SP would have gone all second team & JV on defense too. Coach Grider told me at halftime that he hoped Grace would go with their young guys in the second half. I'm sure he was wanting to get them extra playing time to be ready for next week.

Thanks for the well wishes. I'll be pulling for ya'll too. Tough having to go to FC