3.) ......... Maplewood ...... 5-4A ............... 241/72

3.) ......... Tenn. High ....... 1-4A .............. 227/72

5.) ......... Clarksville ........ 6-4A ............... 220/83

6.) ......... Beech ............. 6-4A ............... 182/92

7.) ......... Hillsboro .......... 5-4A ............... 283/94

8.) ......... Mt. Juliet ......... 6-4A .............. 240/96

9.) ......... Red Bank ......... 4-4A .............. 332/99

10.) ....... Sullivan S. ........ 1-4A .............. 395/105

That's four region 6 teams, two region 1 teams, two region 5 teams and one team from regions 8, & 4. There you have it.

the region 6 teams have all played a Portland, NW, and Springfield teams that are absolutely terrible and might not score against an 8 man defense. Kenwood apparently has a descent defense but they cant score either, the numbers are not neccesarily representititve of their defenses, they should have a chance to shut Hillsboro out in the next few weeks, then I will believe.

I don't claim to know how all of this is figured out, but I would assume some of these teams have played their second and third defenses at times. I know that Henry County has scored 331 points, and their opponents have scored 116. I know of several games where the coach put in second and third defenses (some very early in the second half because mercy rule was in effect) to keep from running up the score and to keep starters from getting injured in a game that was already in hand. At least two additional games would have been shut-outs, otherwise.

Here is another train of thought. Nobody has a schedule full of creampuffs. Yet, everybody has SOME creampuffs. It's a body of work thing. The teams who are listed in this list are there because of their body of work defensively over the past 9 games. No tricks, no mirrors. People will say this and that about one team or one region for whatever reason ... but the teams listed did the work. All of these teams played some good competition along the way. Bottom line ... they are statistically the best. Won't win them any games, won't lose them any either. It's just the way it is.

Here is another train of thought. Nobody has a schedule full of creampuffs. Yet, everybody has SOME creampuffs. It's a body of work thing. The teams who are listed in this list are there because of their body of work defensively over the past 9 games. No tricks, no mirrors. People will say this and that about one team or one region for whatever reason ... but the teams listed did the work. All of these teams played some good competition along the way. Bottom line ... they are statistically the best. Won't win them any games, won't lose them any either. It's just the way it is.

YOu are right to some degree, but Henry county has not played the toughest schedule on the page this year, but we played one team from that region and it was our only shut out, it is very similar to region 8-4a, northside, east and Egypt are terrible. Region 7-4a, Liberty and JCM are terrible.

It will all come out in the wash, it may be great defenses and it may be bad offenses.