1st Annual Toyota East vs. West Tennessee All-Star Classic

rmayes12

The 1st Annual Toyota East vs. West Tennessee All-Star Classic is scheduled for Saturday, December 15 at Carson-Newman College in Jefferson City, TN. Kick-off time is 12PM Eastern. Approximately 90 Seniors across the state of Tennessee will participate. This event is sponsored by Toyota and the Tennessee Athletic Coaches Association (TACA). We are excited about this new venture, and feel that this will give the players more exposure, and a better chance of being seen by college coaches. The game will also be telecast across the state of Tennessee, and plans for a radio broadcast are being finalized. Media members needing more information can contact me at my e-mail address below.

Toyota East Vs. West Tennessee All-Star Classic Facts

Date: Saturday, December 15, 2007, 12 PM (Eastern) Kick-off

Site: Burke-Tarr Stadium (cap. 5,500) at Carson-Newman College in Jefferson City, TN

TV/Radio: The game will be broadcast on television in Knoxville, Nashville, Jackson, Memphis, the Tri-Cities, and Chattanooga. (Stations TBA) Statewide radio coverage is also being planned.

Participants: Approximately 90 high school seniors from across Tennessee divided into East and West teams.

Team Practice Sites: East- Tusculum College, Greeneville, West- Carson-Newman College, Jefferson City

Practice Dates: Tuesday afternoon, December 11-Friday, December 14

Head Coaches: East- Mark Pemberton (Knoxville Catholic), West- Glenn McCadams (David Lipscomb)

Selection Process: Nomination forms were sent to high school coaches in September. The teams will be selected and announced in early November.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toyota and The Tennessee Athletic Coaches

Association (TACA) would like to invite members of the

media to a Kick-Off Press Conference for the Toyota

East vs. West Tennessee All-Star Classic. The press

conference will take place on Wednesday, November 7,

2007 at 10 AM (EST) at Toyota Knoxville located at

10415 Parkside Drive Knoxville, TN 37922. Media

members will have an opportunity to hear from TACA

Executive Director Bill Marbet, TACA President Steve

Brewer, All-Star Coaches including East Head Coach

Mark Pemberton, and representatives from Toyota,

WVLT-TV and the All-Star Television Network,

Carson-Newman College, and the Gatlinburg Chamber of

Commerce. All media members are encouraged to attend,

and there will be time available for interviews and

photo opportunities. For more information, please

contact Russell Mayes at rmayes@fultonfootball.com

What: Kick-off press conference for The Toyota East

vs. West Tennessee All-Star Classic.

When: Wednesday, November 7, 10 AM (EST)

Where: Toyota Knoxville, 10415 Parkside Drive

Knoxville, TN 37922

Game Date: Saturday, December 15, 2007, 12PM (EST)

Game Site: Carson-Newman College, Jefferson City, TN

The teams have been picked. TACA and the coaches are now contacting the players to see who will be playing for sure. As soon as I get the official list, I will post it.

Thanks.

Thanks, Russell. I realize that this is new; however, this format, and timing will prove to be very beneficial for the kids involved. I enjoyed the TN/KY game, but from an exposure perspective this seems to fit better with the "contact" period opening up, and coaches/recruiters being able to attend practices/game ahead of signing day. I guess another benefit would be that the kids are still in football shape. Thanks again.

ruse?

Ruse?

Funny you should ask...

Rosters were released today. I'm sure coacht will post them for everyone. If not, please send me a e-mail, and I will send them to you. The East team will be at Tusculum, and the West team will be at Carson-Newman. The local Memphis game is on the same day, but several Memphis-area players are on the West roster. There was a limited date window to hold this game before Christmas. I know that the College coaches that I have talked to are excited about this.

BTW, In addition to the state-wide TV network, WVLT Volunteer TV in Knoxville (Channel 8) will carry the game live in the Knoxville market. They are the CBS and Lincoln Financial affiliate in Knoxville.