The Blue Ribbon Bowl

sd24

The Blue Ribbon Bowl hosted by The Family Center in Columbia Tn, is looking for teams to paly in the Nov. 10 events. Coaches that are interested may call Vance Belew @ 931-698-6231

I've got a few questions about this....

1. Does TSSAA allow games to be scheduled during the playoffs?

2. Is it a TSSAA sanctioned event?

3. Side-question -- can a school just schedule an event on their own or does TSSAA regulate them?

You would think basketball coaches are anxious to get their guys back from football as well.

On the 1a/2a/3a board it says sponsored by the "Family Life Center" not the "Family Center."

I don't live in that county, so I am not familiar with it.

If it is some sort of religious/politcal thing, that might keep some teams away, maybe??

Maybe it's nothing like that at all???

You would think basketball coaches are anxious to get their guys back from football as well.

On the 1a/2a/3a board it says sponsored by the "Family Life Center" not the "Family Center."

I don't live in that county, so I am not familiar with it.

If it is some sort of religious/politcal thing, that might keep some teams away, maybe??

Maybe it's nothing like that at all???

I think it is an agency that helps families--food, clothing, etc. It is called the Familly Center. I don't live in that county either, but I have heard of it. I don't think Vance Belew is known for his organization skills so I think that hurts and may keep some teams away. I was told this by several coaches. It might do much better in the future if they associate someone else's name with it if they continue to have it.