South Pittsburg vs Trousdale County

TheLivingLegend

well I don't really know much about either of these teams but being a HAMPTON BULLDOG FAN I will have to pull for trousdale county because the coaches, fans and players showed great respect to us when they were up at our place two years ago and I know I"m not the only bulldog who appreciated it, this looks to be the most interesting game of round one.GO JACKETS! HOPE TO SEE YOU DOWN THE ROAD!

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOO HOO!!! Can't wait till next Friday!

On paper South Pitt has gotta be the favorite, Undefeated and flat running over people they have to be the favorite to come out of the east and definetly the favorite in this game.

the good news?

Favorites go out the window come playoff time! Come on Region 4, South Pitt has only played one game that was close to competitive, lets show them what it means to try and fight for a win!

As far as a sweep, I would have to agree that this game would determine that. Lookout Valley vs. Waterwings will be closer than some think, and i'm suprised there isn't a thread on it yet. Some people probably think it will be a blowout, but I think that Lookout Valley keeps it close but the Waterwings pull through.

Come on region 4!

You just don't never know about the playoffs!!! Anything can and will happen. Back in 2001 we played Portland in the fourth game of the regular season and they beat us 52-12. That was the worst whipping that i could ever remember us taking. So it came playoff time quarterfinals and we were going back to Portland. I thought oh my god not again!!! Well we won 17-14 in one of the hard hittingest best games that i've ever watched. They were the better team as was FRA in 1990 when i played but we fought hard and found a way to win. Anything can happen in the playoffs anything.

Yes and this very same team last year was in almost in the same position. They have to question in their individual minds, if the same thing that happened last year will happen again. Do they really believe?? I know TC believes.

The pressure is definitely on SP. They not only need to beat TC. They have to do it convincingly to prove to the remaining region 4 teams they have what it takes to compete in the gauntlet. They definately face the team that can feel out the Pirates. Clint will throw in the kitchen sink along with the toliet.

Good luck TC bring home the win for region 4!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree. Purple Tigers will surprise a few folks also. LV best not hold much faith in their region standings. Its going to be a tough game for them. H2O town is a serious contender this year. They hang tough in our region. Definately dont lay down for anyone. Monterey wasnt a playtoy this year either as they have proved.

This game will probably be the biggest battle for the sweep. Who do we have?

G'ville/Silverdale ; Friendship/Grace Academy ; Watertown/Lookout Valley ; TC/SP

Silverdale is a pretty young team, so G'ville should have no problem; SP put a pounding on Grace tonight, Friendship will more and likely do the same; Silverdale played LV very closely (lost by 7), so Watertown will probably take the win; and well, I just don't know about TC/SP. SP will be favored, but...

This is just my opinion on the games. Could be very wrong!!

the associative property doesnt always work in football. Maybe in math it does, but thats why they play the game, huh?

The pressure is definitely on SP. They not only need to beat TC. They have to do it convincingly to prove to the remaining region 4 teams they have what it takes to compete in the gauntlet. They definately face the team that can feel out the Pirates.

The gauntlet is set. TC first round, FCS second round, Gordonsville third round. I hadn't thought of it this way though, your right. The pressure is all on South Pitt to perform, they need to not only beat Trousdale, but they need to try and beat them in a way that will demoralize FCS and Gordonsville. To be honest, I don't think there is a team in 1A that could beat TC, FCS, and Gordonsville in back-to-back-to-back weeks when all three teams are motivated and playing their best.

One step at a time, and it's up to Trousdale to trip them on the first one!

The gauntlet is set. TC first round, FCS second round, Gordonsville third round. I hadn't thought of it this way though, your right. The pressure is all on South Pitt to perform, they need to not only beat Trousdale, but they need to try and beat them in a way that will demoralize FCS and Gordonsville. To be honest, I don't think there is a team in 1A that could beat TC, FCS, and Gordonsville in back-to-back-to-back weeks when all three teams are motivated and playing their best.

One step at a time, and it's up to Trousdale to trip them on the first one!

Man if they do they are going to be to sore. Find out how we feel going into the big one.

TC has great coaches and great tradition but so does SP. There is no quit in the pirates, they have the fastest team I have ever seen on a high school football team. I have seen North Jackson play this year and are ranked #1 in 4a in the state of Alabama and I guarantee Sp can play with them. All of you are right anything can happen in a football game but the team that can beat SP will be my favorite to win it all. I have been involved in football a long time and I have never seen a single A team any better. Thats hard for me to say because I played on a state championship team and I'm pretty biased.

Well Zone, I got you a long sleeve GV shirt tonight.....I hope you will need it in the Boro. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> The Jackets will have had 2 weeks practice as well as you should for the game. Here comes the defence..... I will call you at half and end of game for score..... Last man standing time starts this Friday.. I am excited. Hopefully its an injury free game. Go Jackets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Zone its crunch time. Got to pull for my region. We can be buds again when the smoke clears.

Thanks for the shirt. I'm hoping I get to use it next year when I get to come to one of G'villes games /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I'm also hoping you get to use the SP shirt I got you in 4 weeks at the Semis

I understand and wouldn't expect anything less of you because I'm doing the same. Even though Grace and Silverdale are long shots I'll be pulling for them. I think Lookout Valley - Watertown will be a lot more competitive than the Region 4 folks think. LV matches up a lot better with Watertown's spread than they would with TC's WingT or with G'ville or FC. I wouldn't bet the farm on that game either way. And of course TC-SP. There are no illusions at SP....we know what a 3 game stretch it will be but this is not the 2006 team. Next Friday will be one heck of a game

Thanks for the shirt. I'm hoping I get to use it next year when I get to come to one of G'villes games /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I'm also hoping you get to use the SP shirt I got you in 4 weeks at the Semis /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I understand and wouldn't expect anything less of you because I'm doing the same. Even though Grace and Silverdale are long shots I'll be pulling for them. I think Lookout Valley - Watertown will be a lot more competitive than the Region 4 folks think. LV matches up a lot better with Watertown's spread than they would with TC's WingT or with G'ville or FC. I wouldn't bet the farm on that game either way. And of course TC-SP. There are no illusions at SP....we know what a 3 game stretch it will be but this is not the 2006 team. Next Friday will be one heck of a game

Hey zp, what about that run by #2 last night.... I know he changed directions about 5 times in about 3 seconds. He is s[special!