It's official York vs. Marion Co. Rematch of week 9

daddymacvols

hey that purple whistle wont be alloud this year in the playoffs cause of somethin i read and what people are sayin marion aint never been up on that moutian....so get ready for some hard feaild in yuns face ....GO DRAGON!!!!!!!

Having a hard time deciphering what you are trying to say but there is one thing for sure "Where the Warriors go, The Whistle goes as well". It WILL be attached to the back of my truck, and I hope the boys play well so the fine people of Jamestown can learn to appreciate the melodious cry it makes. The bottom line on this game in my humble opinion comes down to who wants it more, ask the boys of the Juggernaut team from Brentwood who didn't think the hillbillies from Jasper deserved to be on the same field with them in the early 90's, they are capable of winning. A team like this years Warriors are a dangerous lot, they have nothing to lose and everything to prove and have enough talent to win IF they play to the best of their ability for 4 quarters. Anything less and York will probably come out on top. York is a talented, well coached and disciplined team, but far from unbeatable. Good luck to both sides, and can anyone recommend a good place to eat in Jamestown? Planning on leaving early to enjoy some of the beautiful Fentress County scenery, and hopefully food as well.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did say that I believed we would win in my post! I said that York might beat us...but that is not believing we will lose.By the way...I have no kids on this team!!! However, I can watch an entire season of games and plainly see with my own two eyes who needs to be playing and who doesn't. I'm not saying that these kids never need to play...they just have not developed this year, so they need to wait a little longer to get SERIOUS reps! That is what I am referring to when I talk about substitution problems. Of course, I also said that coach has gotten better about that over the last few weeks! COOL!!!!

do grandkids count?

No i will not calm im sick and im tired of this. Marion county does not get any respect. You dont have to be undefeated team i n order to earn respect. Just like south pittsburge granted im from MARION COUNTY and could give a crap if the hole sorry town floods, but how can you respect a team that leaves there starters in the hole game and winnin 60-7 or somethin like that. Its called class and marion county has class. whenever we was dominate in the 90's at half time second string was in if we were up by a comfortable lead. So no i want back down to any one who starts crap about MC. Jokin or not. So seein how HARDLY noone in the town has a back bone and stand up for MC i will stand alone till some of the town is ready to back MC and the true die hard fans MC up.

I am totally for the boys out there busting their tails. Those boys will run through a brick wall for anyone if they are treated with dignity and respect. I understand they get tired of hearing the negative. The great majority of the negative is not directed to them.

The way you get respect that MCFan so desparately wants is to win all the games you should win and win one or two that you probably shouldn't. You don't get respect just because you have 4 gold ball and 2 silver ones. You don't get respect just because you put in the young kids when you were up by 40 points 15 years ago. You get respect by putting a quality group on the field and winning football games.

Just because you think you deserve respect doesn't mean you have earned the respect.

hey that purple whistle wont be alloud this year in the playoffs cause of somethin i read and what people are sayin marion aint never been up on that moutian....so get ready for some hard feaild in yuns face ....GO DRAGON!!!!!!!

Having a hard time deciphering what you are trying to say but there is one thing for sure "Where the Warriors go, The Whistle goes as well". It WILL be attached to the back of my truck, and I hope the boys play well so the fine people of Jamestown can learn to appreciate the melodious cry it makes. The bottom line on this game in my humble opinion comes down to who wants it more, ask the boys of the Juggernaut team from Brentwood who didn't think the hillbillies from Jasper deserved to be on the same field with them in the early 90's, they are capable of winning. A team like this years Warriors are a dangerous lot, they have nothing to lose and everything to prove and have enough talent to win IF they play to the best of their ability for 4 quarters. Anything less and York will probably come out on top. York is a talented, well coached and disciplined team, but far from unbeatable. Good luck to both sides, and can anyone recommend a good place to eat in Jamestown? Planning on leaving early to enjoy some of the beautiful Fentress County scenery, and hopefully food as well.

Well...don't be expecting a O'Charleys or anything. Let's see, they have a Pizza Hut, KFC, Dino's Pizza, Taco Bell in Henbos and a McDonalds that I know of. They may have a Dairy Queen as well. Seems like they have a dine in restaurant called Ruth's that might be pretty good across the road from Pizza Hut. I know of some little ma and pa restaurants but not sure of their hours. But, I always eat at the PeKing Buffet when I go. Pretty good chinnese food if you like that. The scenary is beautiful though.

I will be looking for the white ranger there bud. Im glad we have some serious support no matter how we play i appreciate everything u do for the program Mr JK

Well...don't be expecting a O'Charleys or anything. Let's see, they have a Pizza Hut, KFC, Dino's Pizza, Taco Bell in Henbos and a McDonalds that I know of. They may have a Dairy Queen as well. Seems like they have a dine in restaurant called Ruth's that might be pretty good across the road from Pizza Hut. I know of some little ma and pa restaurants but not sure of their hours. But, I always eat at the PeKing Buffet when I go. Pretty good chinnese food if you like that. The scenary is beautiful though.

Restaurants in Jamestown

I am totally for the boys out there busting their tails. Those boys will run through a brick wall for anyone if they are treated with dignity and respect. I understand they get tired of hearing the negative. The great majority of the negative is not directed to them.

The way you get respect that MCFan so desparately wants is to win all the games you should win and win one or two that you probably shouldn't. You don't get respect just because you have 4 gold ball and 2 silver ones. You don't get respect just because you put in the young kids when you were up by 40 points 15 years ago. You get respect by putting a quality group on the field and winning football games.

Just because you think you deserve respect doesn't mean you have earned the respect.

what you are sayin is that you can respect a team that runs up a score on a team just to be a #### hole cause you can.Thats a bunch of crock of bull s#@$. yeah marion won games that were t totally butt kickin but they did have there second string in. I can respect a team that wins big if its classy. ok and 15 years ago apparently you wouldn at the MC and taft game when we could have scored at the nearly end of the football game and as a class act like we are we nealed it. thats showin respect there for we need to have respect. besides who would fell like a bad #### beatin taft 70-0. and another thing you wouldnt respect a team that won state titles like marion has. granted i know thats been a while but still. thats like sayin marryville or alcoa all of a sudden for the next few years go to the toilets you wouldn respect them.

Hooker and Squrriel, I agree with everything you are posting. Great points!

I believe MCHS will come to play. I hope the coaching doesn't go crazy and MCHS might come home with a win.

All the talk from York fan about them winning by 3 or 4 td's might pump their heads up and get our boys fired up enough to pull the upset.

One more play Hooker, how about the try and draw the other team offsides and then waste a timeout play. MCHS even tried it on 1st down once. I don't think it worked all year.

Also MCfan you are a true Warrior fan. We need more like you. I can't stand others talking smack when their team,like......Bledsoe, never makes it out of the 1st round. We can go back on our past, what goes around comes around.

Look at SP. for years it was ''we won it in '69'' and everybody said big deal do something now. Well in the last decade or so its came back around for them and it will for MCHS. Might even start with next years team if the coaches can get more players out, hit the weight room ''hard'', work the qbs and receivers all spring to get on the same page,find some dbs that want to play and keep the 2 or 3 boys we have heard might transfer at MCHS. Sure you might say if they want to leave let them go, but we would have lost at least 2 more games without them.

Lets concentrate on York and bring home a much needed playoff win.

IMO...nuff said

I could care less about South Pittsburg or anyone else that runs the score up. If you don't want them to score that many points I have a suggestion for you...stop them! You have a defense on the field don't you. If you don't want them to score that many points...run the football and use as much of the clock as possible! If you don't want them to score that many points...kick the ball out of bounds when punting! Several ways to shorten the game.

I was at the Taft game and saw what you did. That was a classy act of your part.

I can remember when Maryville and Alcoa was not very good. I remember some of the scores of their games. It is hard to respect someone that you are beating by 50 points. I can also remember coaches be replaced. They didn't stay with the ones that were losing. They got new ones with fresh ideas.

If you want some repect I have another suggestion...get off this board grumbling about not getting any respect...go to Jamestown...and bring home a playoff win. That would be a major accomplishment since Marion has only won one playoff game since 1995.