It's official York vs. Marion Co. Rematch of week 9

daddymacvols

So who in the world is talking transfer?? Where are any of them going to go? Joe Muir? South Pitt? He sure wouldn't see time in that crowded backfield. They have about 6 that run a 4.5 or better and I know of two that don't play much that could go to jasper and start. Those two being Bibbs and Mitchell. Joe is a fine ball player and an even better baseball player, but the best he could do is play defense for the pirates. The other players could go somewhere else, but any area teams besides SP are just the same as Marion is. If these kids that are talking about transfering play baseball, then why would they even think about it? Baseball is the sport at Marion now and if they left, they would be ruining their chances for a state title in baseball. Pretty soon, football may be the third sport behind baseball and basketball. The B-ball team has some really good young kids now if the coach has any idea about what to do. Last year was a train wreck for them. Again it is up to the administration to hire the coaches to lead these teams to the best of their ability, not just get someone who works at the school like girls basketball has done in the past and now it seems the boys have done. Sorry about a wide variety of rambling, but just my thoughts.

Old pirate says Joe would fit in nicely @ SP. He would become a part of what will surely be a very fine team,possably a State Champion. Joe would be like a lot of other players,he would have to share the lime light and not be the big dog. OP says the individual attention is not nearly as important as the team concept. Any quality player would be the same as a couple that will reportedly come back to SP. The new basketball gym will also be an attractive for potential basketball players. The SP fans would/will happily accept any player that can contribute and has a good attitude. Joe will probably stay @ jasper and the team will finish about the same as this year.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old pirate says Joe would fit in nicely @ SP. He would become a part of what will surely be a very fine team,possably a State Champion. Joe would be like a lot of other players,he would have to share the lime light and not be the big dog. OP says the individual attention is not nearly as important as the team concept. Any quality player would be the same as a couple that will reportedly come back to SP. The new basketball gym will also be an attractive for potential basketball players. The SP fans would/will happily accept any player that can contribute and has a good attitude. Joe will probably stay @ jasper and the team will finish about the same as this year.

Nice post. Joe has never been a big dog while at Marion. Sharing the limelight hasn't been a problem either; check our record. That last sentence is a true and factual statement as far as I'm aware. Whatever transfer rumors are swirling around shouldn't include him. Doesn't TSSAA have rules that prevent kids from transfering a few miles just to play sports at another school? I thought they did. Thank goodness this football season for Marion is finally over; I'm ready to watch some baseball in a few months.

As for the York game itself, I was really hoping some things would have changed in the way our players were used. They didn't and we lost. If I sounded a tad disappointed to some fans sitting around me, I was. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

One last thing, since nothing appeared in the Chattanooga Papers about our apparently un noteworthy game. The article appearing on the CoachT front page about the York/Marion game says Joe M. fumbled. DID NOT HAPPEN. Marion put the ball on the ground a few times but Joe didn't.

Congrats to the York Dragons for the win. You're one of the best coached teams I've watched all season. Hard to keep up with where the ball is even from the stands. Great defense also. I liked your little Dragon. Good luck.

Nice post. Joe has never been a big dog while at Marion. Sharing the limelight hasn't been a problem either; check our record. That last sentence is a true and factual statement as far as I'm aware. Whatever transfer rumors are swirling around shouldn't include him. Doesn't TSSAA have rules that prevent kids from transfering a few miles just to play sports at another school? I thought they did. Thank goodness this football season for Marion is finally over; I'm ready to watch some baseball in a few months.

As for the York game itself, I was really hoping some things would have changed in the way our players were used. They didn't and we lost. If I sounded a tad disappointed to some fans sitting around me, I was. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

One last thing, since nothing appeared in the Chattanooga Papers about our apparently un noteworthy game. The article appearing on the CoachT front page about the York/Marion game says Joe M. fumbled. DID NOT HAPPEN. Marion put the ball on the ground a few times but Joe didn't.

Congrats to the York Dragons for the win. You're one of the best coached teams I've watched all season. Hard to keep up with where the ball is even from the stands. Great defense also. I liked your little Dragon. Good luck.

Old Pirate says Nohope, Joe appears to have remained humble, but he is the big dog now for jasper. Jasper would certainly be worse w/o him. OP says he would be the MVP if OP had a vote. OP agrees he should have had more touches, heck that is what big dogs do. OP says comments are not meant to be an attact on the coaches approach to games and personel. The team/Joe could have more production (IMO) if his touches were more. Joe's presense would attract attention and possably open up other play makers.

OP remembers a few years ago Danny Wilson didn't utilize Macho Green's play making abilities as much as most thought.

OP says the #1 reason the Pirates are having their current success is a lot of players are sharing the lime light. That has to be the 1 constant if SP is to continue their run this year and should be true next year also.

Jasper had a player play and the next year his family moved to SP,he was granted eligibility to play for SP. His family returned to jasper the following year and he again was granted eligiblity to play his senior year for the warriors!

OK, here's my 2 cents worth, 24 is as good of a kid as there is anywhere in the valley. He has heart, talent, and most of all he works his a** off on the field. He will be a vital part of the 2008 MCHS football machine if he comes back. If he wants to transfer to play with someone else, I wish him the best. Few people on this board know what his situation is and why he might want to leave, myself included. This is a free country and if he can legally maintain his eligibility and play where he will be happier, then "vaya con Dios"(go with God) for you no comprehende. There aren't a lot of kids out there as well rounded as him and he will make a difference wherever he plays. It will be just as decimating to baseball, he is one he^^ of a baseball player. As for the whistle, as I said before, where the Warriors go, the whistle goes, and it will be back in Jamestown next year. The whistle has been the pride and joy of the Warriors for almost 30 years, since Berton Cagle gave it to us in the early 80's. Ronnie Carter and the TSSAA know all about it, it was at every state championship we have been to(6)(won 4). I still want to see where in the rules it prohibits it, we haven't got any penalties for it this year. The only reason it didn't blow in the 2nd half was because we didn't score, York's defense silenced it not the York welcome committee. We would have gladly let them bring their fire breathing dragon into the stadium if they had brought it. York is a very well disciplined and coached team, but I don't see them making it past an ALCOA, or Goodpasture caliber team, but I have been wrong many times in life, and will probably be many more again. All MCHS fans have faith, we will get better, but we have to be a united front, from the top to the bottom, harmony is the stregnth and backbone of all well organized programs. I'm done, football is over, time to shift over to basketball, see you on that board next. Till next year folks, enjoyed it,BYE!!!

That could be a good thing. Sometimes it could be easier to obtain legend status at another school. Whatever is best for the student athlete is most important.

Old Pirate wonders if the Legend will make it to SP Friday? OP says folks have all sorts of decisions to make raising kids and few are easy. There would be plenty of SP folks glad to see Joe return if possable. Seldom does kids have an opportunity to do special things as win championships. OP wishes Joe and ole grand dad the best of luck where ever he plays. The kid shows heart and toughness like any old pirate exspects.