JCS @ Milan

Gocart

Yes, my son was the tall receiver. This is only his second year to play football. Our coaches have done an incredible job with him at his position, but most importantly developing him as a man. His height and speed are a great asset so he is getting a lot of looks from smaller schools and some 1-AA schools. He's always wanted to play baseball in college but it looks like football has become his number one passion. I haven't seen him as emotional as he was tonight ever... I know his old man isn't ready for it to be over. Anyway enough of that stuff... A lot of his drops tonight were really due to great defense. Anyone that thinks your secondary is weak is full of it. Almost every pass throwm to him was either deflected or the secondary player was there for the instant hit as the ball approached.

4:13 is Philippians 4:13: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." That was our rallying cry during the championship season. I coached Girls High School Basketball in Florida and we won 3 championships in a row--40 games with that motto. I shared it with the team after our 2-3 start last year. That combined with inspirational coaches and the movie "Facing the Giants" had a lot to do with motivating them for their awesome run to the state championship. If you've seen any of our championship shirts or license plate 4:13 is on them. The 4:13 principle is about GIVING YOUR ALL. There are two sides to it.... Last year we experienced the winning against all odds. Tonight we learned if we can do all things we can also handle defeat... Sorry---I'm pretty passionate about it... I'll shut up and say again!

Go DAWGS! BRING BACK THE GOLD BALL!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan fans make sure someone tells Coach Morris how much JCS appreciates his leadership and character in victory tonight. Sometimes that is more difficult than displaying it in defeat. I always told my girls when I coached them "Champions can win sportsmanship trophies" too. If I had a vote, Milan would get it.

Milan fans make sure someone tells Coach Morris how much JCS appreciates his leadership and character in victory tonight. Sometimes that is more difficult than displaying it in defeat. I always told my girls when I coached them "Champions can win sportsmanship trophies" too. If I had a vote, Milan would get it.

Thanks for your comment. Coach Morris is a class act all the way. His assistants are as well. Thanks to JCS for your sportsmanship and the way you as fans conducted yourself. We look forward to many more battles on the field together.

attaboy junior, you had a great game. you're play has improved tremendously. you've proven that milan has got theirselves a QUARTERBACK! congrats milan, great team play and execution on both sides of the ball. congrats jcs on a great season although you didn't earn my respect because you already had my respect before the season even started. i had ya'll picked 3rd in the region before the season started. knew ya'll were gonna be tough because of talent and the will to win ya'll proved by winning the 1a gold ball. when you've got gold in you're trophy case, then you've got respect and if not for the multiplier i'm 100% positive ya'll would have another sitting beside that one. welcome to region 8-2a, the toughest in the state. jcs is not just another team in the region, jsc is another THREAT in the region. great kids, great coaches and great fans. see ya'll next year at ya'lls great facilities.

To Volsken, Jaxman, MetFan and some other CoachT posters who are also parents of JCS football players, I have to say this. The legacy that your sons have left for other JCS teams to follow is priceless. They have set the bar high, not only with wins and championships, but in the way we go about our business. They have been a blessing.

I'll say it again - I'm so grateful for the leadership that these guys have shown, not only to their teammates, but to us, the folks in the bleachers. We've seen boys become men through the past couple of seasons, and we're all better for it.

Not questioning the strength of your region. I know you have a strong one, but what all teams are in it?

Region 5

CPA (Nashville) state champs 2000, 2002 (1A)

DCA (Nashville) champs 2004, 1996, 1988 (1A,A)

East Robertson (Cross Plains)

Ezell-Harding (Antioch) champs 2001 (1A)

FRA (Nashville) champs 1991 (A)

Goodpasture (Madison) champs 2001, 1999, 1995 (2A)

ON THE BALL magazine just rated the toughest regions in TN football (in the last seven years) and they ranked region 5-2A as the top region and region 8-2A as the second best in the entire state (only 1 point behind region 5)!! So we both have outstanding teams.

Sounds good to me. Too objective to ever be sure. Maybe one of our teams will meet one of your teams in the next couple of weeks and that will give us something to argue about anyway.

Well it's possible that Milan and Goodpasture will be in the semis. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

congrats to Milan...the Bulldogs are a great squad with a lot to be proud of...I also echo Volsken's comment about Morris...good coach and a class act...good luck the rest of the way...hope you bring some gold hardware back to West Tenn

CONGRATS TO MILAN FOR THEIR EXECELANT PLAY THIS YEAR. GO GET "UM" DOGS! REGION 7-3AAA FANS ARE PULING FOR YOU ! ALL THE WAY THIS YEAR YOUNG MEN OF THE "DOG POUND" !!!!!!!!!!!!!