Rockwood vs. GP

Took

This was a good game.. But from what I heard at halftime.. (yes I was being nosey) I heard Ol' John Webb say there players took this game lightly and had a bad practice day before the game.. this had to be the reason they lost becuase after he pointed this out to them they played very hard.. There was alot of mouth running going on by both teams but I do think GP initiated it on the very first kick off they was in the returners ear and pushing off of him as he tried to get up.. They was hitting the allen late.. They was in the QB #1 ear the whole game.. The chop block should have been called but I do remember GP called a fair catch and after he caught the ball number 32 got a cheap shot on a tiger defender.. I also seen number 32 kick a tiger receiver in his man hood.. I think it was Hill.. When they got whistled for a late hit I dont think it was so much late because he drug Tinker out of bounds but I seen a couple of his teammates chewing him out about it.. It was a good game.. everyone played hard Rockwood had a horrible 1st half.. Allen played an amazing game it was sad to see him lose he played so hard!

Did you attend the same game I did? Wasn't a late hit? The kid was 2 yards out of bounds and stopped when #5 hit him. No #5 did not ride him out of bounds. No doubt it was late. Officials had no choice but to flag him. Then he gets up and shoves one of GPs boys on the sideline. The same things could be said about Rockwood that you say. Low blows. Could give you the number of the player and number of the player he did it to as well as when it happened. But you know it just doesn't matter, the games over. As far as the players taking the game lightly and not playing hard the first half. BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Both teams played hard. Bottom line GP scored 30 points while Rockwood could only score 14. GP deserved to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you want to have any more dylalogue with me it will have to be about GP and CG. Last nights game is over and its time to move in quit whining!!!!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to GP and region 1. Ihope the GP/CG game is as good as the first one !! Although bein a CG fan I gotta hope the Panthers come out on top this time! I'm just glad You all, GP, shut up region 2 for at least one week. I'm sick of hearing them!! Whoever wins this friday, I hope you knock out region 2 in the third round!!! Good luck to region 1 in the 3rd Rd!!!

Did you attend the same game I did? Wasn't a late hit? The kid was 2 yards out of bounds and stopped when #5 hit him. No #5 did not ride him out of bounds. No doubt it was late. Officials had no choice but to flag him. Then he gets up and shoves one of GPs boys on the sideline. The same things could be said about Rockwood that you say. Low blows. Could give you the number of the player and number of the player he did it to as well as when it happened. But you know it just doesn't matter, the games over. As far as the players taking the game lightly and not playing hard the first half. BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Both teams played hard. Bottom line GP scored 30 points while Rockwood could only score 14. GP deserved to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you want to have any more dylalogue with me it will have to be about GP and CG. Last nights game is over and its time to move in quit whining!!!!

you know alot of GP fans showed us alot of class, but dude, you need to get a life! you act like you have never won... oh...never mind. and by the way if you get past CG, I will be watching to read your whining after Alcoa does their thing.. Go Alcoa, watch and learn how to win with class!

Please explain to me how a blocker on special teams can see a teammate signal a fair catch when he has his back turned to his teammate blocking?

I'm going to be sorry for bringing this up, but how does a team that constantly runs up the score (at least pre-Rankin) win with class.

Amen exactly wat happened i just wasnt gonna say or start anything else. GP vs. Cumberland Gap #2 we'll see who makes changes and i would love to know if CAK has a good shot at winnin friday?

you know alot of GP fans showed us alot of class, but dude, you need to get a life! you act like you have never won... oh...never mind. and by the way if you get past CG, I will be watching to read your whining after Alcoa does their thing.. Go Alcoa, watch and learn how to win with class!

Would ask you to explain but as I said before its GP vs CG. Don't care to talk about it. Didn't whine 2 yrs ago after the Alcoa game. Only comment I will make is you have a lot to learn about winning. If we are able to make it to the 3rd Round and face Alcoa losing to them would make you guys look worse. You give a lot of credit to CAK. Already have Alcoa in the 3rd round. Guess they don't even need to play. You know any thing can happen. Just ask Appy State. However, certainly not looking past CG. And I know Coach Hammonds and his boys won't. Now on to next week. Should be a great game. CG has a good QB and throws the football a ton. GP has pretty group of backs and has effectively mixed in the pass. I'm sure CG is not looking forward to the long drive back to Gatlinburg. Certainly am glad we are home, never look forward to the long trip to the Gap. Good luck to both teams. Maybe Region 1 can gain a little more respect. Someone said to me last night after the game when talking about the regions that they weren't so sure that CG and GP couldn't have competed with and beaten several of the teams in region 2 this year. Friday night should be exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen exactly wat happened i just wasnt gonna say or start anything else. GP vs. Cumberland Gap #2 we'll see who makes changes and i would love to know if CAK has a good shot at winnin friday?

Won't it be interesting to see the adjustments that both teams make. Nothing against Alcoa but more parity makes for more exciting playoffs.

sounds like someone is bitter. they do not run up the score! like i stated before they win with class. you can not tell me with a right mind, that they could not have put up over 70 more than once this year

Maybe Region 1 can gain a little more respect.

Answer.. No! sorry but in all reality, you caught rockwood with one of their good players out and the other one with a broke hand. (shoulder? Leg?) Plus all of their mistakes! I will say one thing, and will not take away from GP players in what they did; GP boys played a mistake free first half and rockwood could not turn it around. And by the way, We do know how to win!

GP had exactly twice the number of penalty yards than Rockwood. (News Sentinel) Interestingly, most of their penalties were after the score was 23-0. Rockwood played good, no doubt, but the refs were unbelievable.

You haven't seen bad refs unless you saw the ones at the rockwood vs cak game. They shouldn't be allowed to call another high school game. While they were calling penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct they were cussing each other because they couldn't get their calls right. Sometimes it was taking 10 or 15 minutes to discuss their on calls! Congratulations to gp . They were the better team last night. Too many mistakes and I think one of our player has basketball on his mind and wants to be thru with football. Felt really bad for most of the seniors. The second half Rockwood played more like themselves. I don't want to single out just one player but watching Bryant "Bear" Allen play with all the injuries he had last night just showed what everybody already knew. He is one tough ballplayer that didn't want to let his coaches and team mates down. Congratulations to Allen for being selected as one of the players to play in the tennessee high school allstar football game in december!!!!!!!! Hope you have time to heal before you start practing with this team. I don't want to take anything away from any other player who was playing hurt last night, you represented us with pride! Good luck to the seniors and to the players and coaches next year!!

The eagle is taking its flight till next year!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yers has ba