No state tournament games on school fields!

MD4Sports

Why does TSSAA play girls state tournament games on school fields? The boys play at a neutral facility such as Memphis and Murfreesboro.

CAK had to play CCS on the CCS home field at 11:30 am on a Wednesday. The entire CCS school was let out to watch the match. What a home field advantage!

This should not be the case. What kind of reward is it to make the tournament, then have to travel and play a team on their home field in the middle of a workday making it difficult for your fans to attend while their entire school is let out to attend?

I'm with you on this, and would be even if CAK hadn't been one of the teams affected. Move the games to Murfreesboro, where there is a great soccer facility for all games, a nice championship field, AND it is in the middle of the state.

This is the same reason that I don't want the tournament to come to Knoxville. We don't have the facilities to host this tournament, which would force us to play at local schools.

But I think it comes down to $$$ bid to the TSSAA. I think Chatt bid more than Murf. Either way, we are stuck with at least one more year with the current situation.

I mentioned this to someone even before the games. Especially with high school aged athelets having that many people "cheering" against you. I think everyone knows that most high school fans are a little less than classy to the opposing team at times. It gives the home team a great mental edge and can affect the outcome of the game. Not saying that was the case with CCS, but just imagine being a CAK girl about to take a PK and 400 or more fans are rooting against you. Talk about a little pressure. Find neutral sites and let everyone play on an even field.

Why does TSSAA play girls state tournament games on school fields? The boys play at a neutral facility such as Memphis and Murfreesboro.

CAK had to play CCS on the CCS home field at 11:30 am on a Wednesday. The entire CCS school was let out to watch the match. What a home field advantage!

This should not be the case. What kind of reward is it to make the tournament, then have to travel and play a team on their home field in the middle of a workday making it difficult for your fans to attend while their entire school is let out to attend?

In 2006, when Notre Dame played FRA in the quarter final, the principal of NDHS let a student attend if they had parent's permission and a ride to the event (across town). The entire school showed up also. It wouldn't matter what particular town the event is played or on what field, someone would have a home town advantage. The down side to hosting an event is that the home town players attend school during the day. The traveling teams get the luxury of sleeping in, resting and a break from the pressures of attending class. I'll take that advantage any day. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

We should probably start playing the games in Atlanta or something then. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

My daughter's vote is Rodeo Drive in LA or Mid-town Manhattan...each player gets a shopping allowance......and she want to come back for another year! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Home town teams can obviously gain some crowd advantage.....but I still think "home field advantage" is not fair or appropriate!

My daughter's vote is Rodeo Drive in LA or Mid-town Manhattan...each player gets a shopping allowance......and she want to come back for another year! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Who wouldn't?

Mid-town? Play on the streets? Thats a new challenge!