CPA @ Goodpasture... again

matt610

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I regret I couldn't make the trip now. Sounded like a thriller.

Man, we missed you! I had that seat ready and waiting for u westtn2004state. It was a fabulous game! The boys really put their hearts into it to the very end. CPA can really rock an' roll!! The cougars were lightening in cleats!!

Come on over to Camden next week for some more excellent Tennessee football. I'll see about getting you a spot right in the midst of the cougar student section! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Man, we missed you! I had that seat ready and waiting for u westtn2004state. It was a fabulous game! The boys really put their hearts into it to the very end. CPA can really rock an' roll!! The cougars were lightening in cleats!!

Come on over to Camden next week for some more excellent Tennessee football. I'll see about getting you a spot right in the midst of the cougar student section! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Haha..I would, but that would mean missing a Milan/Huntingdon game..in the playoffs. Thats a little hard for me to do. If you had told me earlier you were saving the seat earlier in the week, I would have gladly taken it. How about we try to make arrangements for a semi-final seat saving. If we get there.

Haha..I would, but that would mean missing a Milan/Huntingdon game..in the playoffs. Thats a little hard for me to do. If you had told me earlier you were saving the seat earlier in the week, I would have gladly taken it. How about we try to make arrangements for a semi-final seat saving. If we get there.

Hey, you don't want to miss that M/H game since Milan will walk away with it. Yeah we could plan on the semi since the cougar express is rolling that way and big M looks to be worthy enough to get there!

So long CPA, Lookout GP maybe a well Played game by Camden will send you guys packing as well and it will be Lewis and Camden in the third rd...

Doubt it. GP has speed that kills and a good QB that can pass and run. Not as strong defensively as last year but good enough.

Congrats to GP on tonite's win. What a great game, pity it was the 1st round. Neither team quit. CPA corrected some poor decisions from last week. Very proud of CPA and their seniors. Played an agressive out of region schedule and was actually in each game they lost. CPA is definitely a top 5 team in 2A. Record is deceiving.

CPA definitely is a top team, no doubt. I knew it would be a great game. Look no further though. 2A is STACKED with talent this year. Martin Westview and Peabody are GREAT teams. Mark my words. Milan may be the cream of the crop out of the West. Only time will tell. It is really the SEC over here..Beating up on each other. I know it was tonight with GP and CPA. Alcoa really has no test over in the East. They pretty much cakewalk to the Finals. Martin Westview was 9-0 two weeks ago. And this is not a 9-0 "Lewis County" type team either that goes 10-0 every season. Westview was LOADED. Peabody has a great running QB in Harper. It is crazy over here in West Tennessee.

CPA definitely is a top team, no doubt. I knew it would be a great game. Look no further though. 2A is STACKED with talent this year. Martin Westview and Peabody are GREAT teams. Mark my words. Milan may be the cream of the crop out of the West. Only time will tell. It is really the SEC over here..Beating up on each other. I know it was tonight with GP and CPA. Alcoa really has no test over in the East. They pretty much cakewalk to the Finals. Martin Westview was 9-0 two weeks ago. And this is not a 9-0 "Lewis County" type team either that goes 10-0 every season. Westview was LOADED. Peabody has a great running QB in Harper. It is crazy over here in West Tennessee.

Oh well Westview isnt in it anymore one less to worry about I guess now they are unloaded.

CPA last won the state (in 1A) in 2002. Since then, they have had teams, IMO, that were Top 5 every year except 2005 when Lowery was a sophomore and they were very young.

Unfortunately, they have been unable to win a big game either to win the Region or advance in the playoffs since then. This is NOT a criticism of the coaches, players or program. It is just a fact.

2003 - lost to DCA 20-12 in playoffs and DCA went to finals

2004 - lost to Mt. Pleasant team they should have beat after leading the whole game and playing the worst game of the season. DCA won state and CPA was as good as DCA.

2005 - rebuild year

2006 - Lost to GP in 3rd round and GP went to state finals

2007 - Lost to GP in OT last night and GP, IMO, will be in finals against Alcoa.

I am very proud of the Lions. Hopefully, we can get "over the hump" one year and win that big game that will get us back to Murfreesboro.