CPA @ Goodpasture... again

matt610

Finding scholarship money for these kids is not that difficult; however, finding jobs for the family members of the really good out-of-state players is getting increasingly difficult. On top of that, our contract with the HUMMER dealership ran out and finding vehicles for these kids to drive is almost impossible. It's just a good thing that the physicians in our booster club provide our athletes and their families with free health care, otherwise we would never win a game. Good luck to all the "free" schools in the playoffs.

You funny you funny how you get so funny

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said that was last year.I gues you guys brought in some more out of county scholarships?It is free to go to Lewis Co. no matter if you can play ball or not?

Yea Radio. you can always fall back on that private vs public can't ya. problem is you still have to win the game, just like we do with public school Alcoa, but were not crying about it.

I believe I'll make the trip to Madison for this game. Any chance a Goodpasture fan could save a Milan fan a seat?

Hey westtn2004 come on over to the BIG battle on I-65 and I'll save you a seat near the 50yd line. No kidding! If you need directions: http://goodpasturefootball.com/index.php?o...0&Itemid=86

I'd love to share with you why COUGARBALL 07 is the REAL thing!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have been watching CPA football games for 15 years and tonight's game with Goodpasture was the second best game I have ever seen (behind the OT win over Boyd Buchanan for the state championship). Unfortunately, one team had to lose tonight and it was my CPA Lions - 47-41 in OT.

GP jumped out to a 14-0 lead in the 1st quarter on 2 long runs. CPA came back and tied the game 14-14. GP scored again and CPA tied it up 21-21 at half.

CPA finally took a lead 34-28 in the second half, but missed the PAT. GP came right back and scored to go up 35-34. After holding CPA, GP scored but missed their PAT to go up 41-34 with 7 minutes to go. CPA then took the ball on a 5 minute drive capped by a Lowery to Weir TD pass. CPA elected to kick and tie the game 41-41 with 2 minutes to go. GP drove to CPA's 35 but lost yardage on a run, then threw an interception that CPA's Weir ran to midfield as time expired..

In OT, CPA lost the toss, went first, and in 2 plays Lowery ran the ball to the 1. On 3rd and 1, Lowery mishandled the shotgun snap (the first time all night) and lost 6 yards. On 4th and 7, CPA was intercepted in the end zone.

GP took over and scored on 2 running plays to win 47-41.

Both teams played GREAT ball. There were only one punt per team in the game. CPA's defense played well but gave up several long runs, a long TD pass on 3rd and long and a kickoff return for a TD. Only 1 turnover in regulation per team and only 4-5 penalties in the game. The refs did a great job, IMO, letting the teams play and calling what needed to be called.

I will say this: Goodpasture's backs are as good a group as you will find in any classification, 1A to 5A. They have 5-6 backs who are all fast and run hard.

CPA's QB, Lowery, had a FANTASTIC game. He ran the ball probably 30 times and GP just couldn't stop him. The mishandled snap in OT was really the only time he didn't get yardage in the game, and it was the difference in the outcome.

It was a real shame one of these two teams had to lose because I believe GP will play Alcoa in the finals and if CPA had won, I believe they would also have made it to the finals.

Good luck to GP. They were the survivors and are a classy and tough bunch.

I have been watching CPA football games for 15 years and tonight's game with Goodpasture was the second best game I have ever seen (behind the OT win over Boyd Buchanan for the state championship). Unfortunately, one team had to lose tonight and it was my CPA Lions - 47-41 in OT.

GP jumped out to a 14-0 lead in the 1st quarter on 2 long runs. CPA came back and tied the game 14-14. GP scored again and CPA tied it up 21-21 at half.

CPA finally took a lead 34-28 in the second half, but missed the PAT. GP came right back and scored to go up 35-34. After holding CPA, GP scored but missed their PAT to go up 41-34 with 7 minutes to go. CPA then took the ball on a 5 minute drive capped by a Lowery to Weir TD pass. CPA elected to kick and tie the game 41-41 with 2 minutes to go. GP drove to CPA's 35 but lost yardage on a run, then threw an interception that CPA's Weir ran to midfield as time expired..

In OT, CPA lost the toss, went first, and in 2 plays Lowery ran the ball to the 1. On 3rd and 1, Lowery mishandled the shotgun snap (the first time all night) and lost 6 yards. On 4th and 7, CPA was intercepted in the end zone.

GP took over and scored on 2 running plays to win 47-41.

Both teams played GREAT ball. There were only one punt per team in the game. CPA's defense played well but gave up several long runs, a long TD pass on 3rd and long and a kickoff return for a TD. Only 1 turnover in regulation per team and only 4-5 penalties in the game. The refs did a great job, IMO, letting the teams play and calling what needed to be called.

I will say this: Goodpasture's backs are as good a group as you will find in any classification, 1A to 5A. They have 5-6 backs who are all fast and run hard.

CPA's QB, Lowery, had a FANTASTIC game. He ran the ball probably 30 times and GP just couldn't stop him. The mishandled snap in OT was really the only time he didn't get yardage in the game, and it was the difference in the outcome.

It was a real shame one of these two teams had to lose because I believe GP will play Alcoa in the finals and if CPA had won, I believe they would also have made it to the finals.

Good luck to GP. They were the survivors and are a classy and tough bunch.

Nice post - I also have GP vs Alcoa in the finals

Congrats to CPA on a good season!! There is no legitimate reason you two teams should have had to match up this early. It is just not right!!!