Cheatham County at Fayette Ware

Big Country

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Cheatham healthy for this one?

#22 Jameson Ragsdale is out with a torn ACL.

#16 Calvin Aschoff is out with a seperated shoulder.

#35 Dalton Floid & #30 Cory Hastings are out with a couple of season ending neck injuries.

OUTSIDE OF THAT?????????????? 100% HEALTHY & READY TO GO BULLDOG /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

#22 Jameson Ragsdale is out with a torn ACL.

#16 Calvin Aschoff is out with a seperated shoulder.

#35 Dalton Floid & #30 Cory Hastings are out with a couple of season ending neck injuries.

OUTSIDE OF THAT?????????????? 100% HEALTHY & READY TO GO BULLDOG /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know much about FW but if Cheatham wins then FW region must be pretty weak.

I don't know much about FW but if Cheatham wins then FW region must be pretty weak.

THAT IS IT I HAVE READ ENOUGH & AM NOW GOING TO STAND UP AND DEFEND THE YOUNG MEN AND THE COACHES THAT ARE PART OF THE CHEATHAM COUNTY CUBS FOOTBALL PROGRAM!!!!

On every single thread that I have been reading for the week I have seen you continuously slam and make lame remarks regarding the football program at Cheatham Co. Why is this???? Cheatham Co. has gone to the playoffs for 6 STRAIGHT YEARS under the direction of this staff. Players like Aaron Parker, Sam Reeves, Mack & Brandon Holley, Justin Bell, Kris Green, Blake Guye, Curtis Day, Brandon Piper, Chris Langley, Jeremy Conner, Austin Stokes, J.R. Rogers, Justin Wood, Adam Moss, Matt Kirby, Gerry Knox, Derek Jock, Clint Casteel, Landon Jones, Brad Potts, Donny Thomas, Joey Beach, Kevin Elliott, Kyle Christmas, Cory & Eric Randolph, Jossiah Lassek, Boyd Winnett, Robert Hambley, Ben Moore, Jack Hoeh, Johnny Beach, Scott Parker, William "Bubba" Brown, Justin Williams, & Kendall Bell (AS WELL AS SOME OTHERS THAT I AM SURE I HAVE LEFT OFF THE LIST) have laid the foundation for the success that has taken place on the gridiron at CCCHS over the last six years. Guys like Jerry Henry, Kyle Smith, Bubba Chandler, Dalton Floid, & Brandon Theriault are continuing that successful leadership this season. Next year the senior class will be around 20. They'll be a hard working group of young men that will lead the Cubs to the promise land as well. I HAVE NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!! If you want to go out on a limb and bet against guys like Garrett Potts, Joe Rhinehart, Justin Batts, Zack Wilson, Devin Bryant, Cody Anderson, Jesse Boyd, Ryan Phillips, Zack Bush, & Jacob Dodson just to name a few then PLEASE be my guest.

In no year has the Cheatham Co. football team been expected to be a playoff team in Class 3A. In 2002, 2005, 2006, & 2007 they were picked by the coaches around the region to miss the playoffs all of those years. THAT'S RIGHT PAGE WAS THE #4 SEED PICK BY THE COACHES IN THIS YEAR'S PRESEASON!!!! Cheatham Co. beat the Patriots last week to earn this playoff appearance. Not a single one of the players that I have mentioned will ever or could ever play big time college football at the next level. They were all good high school football players at best. HOWEVER AT CHEATHAM COUNTY ALL OF THEM ARE ALL-AMERICANS IN MY EYES BECAUSE ALL OF THEM LAID IT ON THE LINE, NUTTED UP, & GOT THE JOB ACCOMPLISHED ON FRIDAY NIGHTS IN THE FALL!!!!

It's not like Cheatham Co. is a team with a "1 YEAR WONDER" body of work that has only been playoff bound 1 TIME IN 5 YEARS OR 6 YEARS OR 4 YEARS!!!! Now from 1996-2001 that was ABSOLUTELY 100% the case. In that span of time Cheatham Co. was a playoff team in 1997 and that is it. Those other five seasons they were watching basketball after week ten.

If I were you I would find a way to support a Region 5-3A team and wish them well instead of getting all over CoachT and continuously calling the team "weak". If Cheatham Co. is weak that how did they get to the playoffs. PLEASE FIND A CREEK WOOD OR SPRING HILL FAN ON HERE THAT HAS SLAMMED ON THE CUBS & GET THEM TO EXPLAIN THAT REASON TO ME WITH A GOOD SUPPORTING ARGUMENT!!!! Cheatham Co. simply just nutted up and whipped both of those teams when it counted the most. If that's the mark of a weak team then what is your definition of strong I wonder /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Cheatham Co. is on a roll lately. They have won four in a row entering the playoffs and are in the postseason for the sixth year in a row. This has been a great turnaround for a team that lost their first six games of the season and saw the mercy rule go into effect for five of those defeats. I don't know if the guys could have any more confidence right now. The Cubs should go out and work hard and get on the bus this Friday for the long (AND I DO MEAN LONG) trip down I-40 West to Memphis with nothing to lose and everything to gain because the expectations this season have already been more than exceeded. I CAN'T WAIT FOR FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!

The Fayette Ware Wildcats are a fine football team I am certain and have athletes that can play at the next level. #4 Robert Freeman is a player who is getting several offers right now. I apologize for not knowing more about FW but hopefully someone out there like montague can give me some info on the Region 6-3A Champions!!!!!

INFO FOR CUBS FANS ON THE FAYETTE WARE WILDCATS & THIS WEEK'S GAME BROADCAST

You can check out some more on Fayette Ware's Football Team by going to www.fayettewarefootball.com.

This game will be broadcasted LIVE this week on WQSV AM790 and can be heard by going to www.wqsvam790.com. Click on the microphone in the middle of the page and hear all of the action.

Everyone has pretty much covered what FW has. Freeman is their main offensive threat, but he is surrounded by some good athletes and a pretty decent line too. CC has probably already seen enough film of FW to know what to do against them. They move Freeman from WR to RB and even to some QB, where ever he is , thats where the ball is going. That being said, its no easy task to stop that kid. He's a tough one to handle.

On defense, its Holloway and 10 other guys. They move Holloway around alot and he's a man out there playing with kids. Teams have figured out a way to run away from him, but they haven't figured out how to block him with less than 2 guys. Holloway is a beast and he can really bring the lumber, other people will have to step up to stop CC.

Since this is a home game for FW, I'm going with the Wildcats. FW is a tough place to play. After they take that long bus ride from CC, the Cubs will walk into a very hostile environment. I remember getting dressed in that old gym and having to walk about 200 yards to the football field with FW fans lined up on both sides of the walkway. Coach Stowe used to say "Boys, don't take your helmets off until you get to the field" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Everyone has pretty much covered what FW has. Freeman is their main offensive threat, but he is surrounded by some good athletes and a pretty decent line too. CC has probably already seen enough film of FW to know what to do against them. They move Freeman from WR to RB and even to some QB, where ever he is , thats where the ball is going. That being said, its no easy task to stop that kid. He's a tough one to handle.

On defense, its Holloway and 10 other guys. They move Holloway around alot and he's a man out there playing with kids. Teams have figured out a way to run away from him, but they haven't figured out how to block him with less than 2 guys. Holloway is a beast and he can really bring the lumber, other people will have to step up to stop CC.

Since this is a home game for FW, I'm going with the Wildcats. FW is a tough place to play. After they take that long bus ride from CC, the Cubs will walk into a very hostile environment. I remember getting dressed in that old gym and having to walk about 200 yards to the football field with FW fans lined up on both sides of the walkway. Coach Stowe used to say "Boys, don't take your helmets off until you get to the field" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I have found out some things about Fayette Ware this week but you can only get so much from a scouting report. You eventually have to see things with your own eyes in order to believe them.

On defense Fayette Ware is very athletic. #54 Holloway & #75 Keys are two big long and strong induviduals playing ends for the Wildcats defensively. In the middle #11 Jackson will flat out come up and lay the wood. He is a hitter. Big #65 who plays tackle for the Wildcats defensive line is a beast.

On offense I hear that #5 Washington & #7 Williams will both see time at QB. They are both athletic and both can throw the football deep. #4 Freeman is a big time prospect at receiver. He also plays back and is dangerous whenever he touches the football. #3 Hubbard also seems like a very good back. He runs with more of a punishing style. Both of those guys are threats to go the distance whenever they touch the football. Fayette Ware has several other players that are major threats at receiver. #12, #17, #2, & #1 are all athletic players that can catch the football. #71 Tyler Smothers is the FW leader on the offensive line. I read on the site of the Wildcats that he is getting several looks from schools to play at the next level.

I would venture to say that the most hostile type of environment in which the Cubs play games is at Giles Co. at "The Brickyard". Going to Marshall Co. and playing at "The Jungle" is a tough place to play but I wouldn't call it hostile. Going to David Lipscomb and playing a game at "The Reese Smith Athletic Complex" is very imposing to first time visitors. It's not a hostile place to play a game though. When Cheatham Co. plays at county rival Sycamore it's a tough thing playing at "Ralph Spangler Stadium" in Pleasant View. The rivalry between the two schools is not a "hostile" one if I were going to describe it. Going to Greenbrier and playing a game at "Bobcat Field" is a tough thing because it's a loud environment where opposing teams do not just walk in and win. Still though it's not hostile by any means.

Heading down I-40 West (towards Memphis) with this young group of 40 will be a whole new experience altogether. If the guys can settle in and come out ready to play football and find ways to ignore all of the other "off the field stuff" then the Cubs chances of winning will be much greater.

I personally hope that Fayette Ware brings a HUGE CROWD!!! It's a playoff contest and they are the host team. A #1 seeded host team at that. Your school should come out and support the team. Cheatham Co. expects nothing less from the Somerville nation this Friday night.

I have found out some things about Fayette Ware this week but you can only get so much from a scouting report. You eventually have to see things with your own eyes in order to believe them.

On defense Fayette Ware is very athletic. #54 Holloway & #75 Keys are two big long and strong induviduals playing ends for the Wildcats defensively. In the middle #11 Jackson will flat out come up and lay the wood. He is a hitter. Big #65 who plays tackle for the Wildcats defensive line is a beast.

On offense I hear that #5 Washington & #7 Williams will both see time at QB. They are both athletic and both can throw the football deep. #4 Freeman is a big time prospect at receiver. He also plays back and is dangerous whenever he touches the football. #3 Hubbard also seems like a very good back. He runs with more of a punishing style. Both of those guys are threats to go the distance whenever they touch the football. Fayette Ware has several other players that are major threats at receiver. #12, #17, #2, & #1 are all athletic players that can catch the football. #71 Tyler Smothers is the FW leader on the offensive line. I read on the site of the Wildcats that he is getting several looks from schools to play at the next level.

I would venture to say that the most hostile type of environment in which the Cubs play games is at Giles Co. at "The Brickyard". Going to Marshall Co. and playing at "The Jungle" is a tough place to play but I wouldn't call it hostile. Going to David Lipscomb and playing a game at "The Reese Smith Athletic Complex" is very imposing to first time visitors. It's not a hostile place to play a game though. When Cheatham Co. plays at county rival Sycamore it's a tough thing playing at "Ralph Spangler Stadium" in Pleasant View. The rivalry between the two schools is not a "hostile" one if I were going to describe it. Going to Greenbrier and playing a game at "Bobcat Field" is a tough thing because it's a loud environment where opposing teams do not just walk in and win. Still though it's not hostile by any means.

Heading down I-40 West (towards Memphis) with this young group of 40 will be a whole new experience altogether. If the guys can settle in and come out ready to play football and find ways to ignore all of the other "off the field stuff" then the Cubs chances of winning will be much greater.

I personally hope that Fayette Ware brings a HUGE CROWD!!! It's a playoff contest and they are the host team. A #1 seeded host team at that. Your school should come out and support the team. Cheatham Co. expects nothing less from the Somerville nation this Friday night.

That's right Big Country....just focus on the game and hitting hard every play. I would be happy to come over one day and talk trash over the loudspeaker for CC to help prepare them for Fri. But the easiest way is to just get after them. The longer CC hangs around in this one the better their chances.

Also remember this Fayette coach is responsible for the sideline rule on coaches and players . You better warn the refs ahead of time, because he likes to try and intimidate the refs.. He will be standing at the hash mark if you let him.

That's right Big Country....just focus on the game and hitting hard every play. I would be happy to come over one day and talk trash over the loudspeaker for CC to help prepare them for Fri. But the easiest way is to just get after them. The longer CC hangs around in this one the better their chances.

Also remember this Fayette coach is responsible for the sideline rule on coaches and players . You better warn the refs ahead of time, because he likes to try and intimidate the refs.. He will be standing at the hash mark if you let him.

Please don't tell me that bulldog. Now I am going to expect the worst and believe that in some way our kids will get the shaft on several calls from an officiating crew. Please Lord give this game an officiating crew that will be fair and not intimidated by the environment.

Please don't tell me that bulldog. Now I am going to expect the worst and believe that in some way our kids will get the shaft on several calls from an officiating crew. Please Lord give this game an officiating crew that will be fair and not intimidated by the environment.

My uncle usually draws FW this time of year. Coach Thompson doesn't intimidate him or the crew he works with. They actually get a pretty good crew down there during the playoffs. The Southside/Marshall Co. game may be a different story.

My uncle usually draws FW this time of year. Coach Thompson doesn't intimidate him or the crew he works with. They actually get a pretty good crew down there during the playoffs. The Southside/Marshall Co. game may be a different story.

Oh PLEASE do not remind me of JSS officials. Last year in the opening round of the playoffs Cheatham Co. vs Jackson South Side was a 35-35 game with about 3 MINUTES REMAINING in the contest. Cheatham Co. quarterback Kyle Christmas hit Jossiah Lassek for a first down completion on the slant pattern down to the JSS 13 yard line. Lassek caught the ball and hit BOTH OF HIS KNEES ON THE GROUND!!! Surrounded by two JSS players the football was jarred loose when Lassek was crouched over ON THE GOUND!!! The play was ruled a completion and after JSS players started the pointing game an official then decided to throw his bean bag on the ground. He ruled that Lassek fumbled the football despite the fact that he had possession of the football with both knees ON THE GROUND!!! JSS got the football and rode Jontamion Forrest 87 yards down the field for a game winning TD drive. JSS won the game 42-35.

Now imagine if Cheatham Co. has the football 1st & 10 at the JSS 13 yard line with 3 MINUTES TO GO in the game in a 35-35 game. THAT'S REALLY & TRULY WHAT THE SITUATION SHOULD HAVE BEEN HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR A BLOWN CALL BY THE OFFICIATING CREW. The TSSAA even admitted that the call on the field was incorrect and that the Cubs caught a bad break at a very inopportunistic time. OH WELL LIFE GOES ON!!!!!