7 4A vs. 8 4A

The Hermit

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how do you think these games will turn out?

#4 North Side @ #1 Melrose

#3 Hardin Co. @ #2 Fairly

#4 Raleigh Egypt @ #1 Henry Co.

#3 Kingsbury @ #2 Munford

I think northside has a slight chance but melrose should win. I think melrose has the speed to slow down mann.

Fairly should win. But if they dont put pressure on the qb it could be a long night.

I think we should win big.

Should be a good game. Could go either way. Munford has homefield but Kingsbury is probably upset about losin a couple weeks ago.

I think northside has a slight chance but melrose should win. I think melrose has the speed to slow down mann.

Fairly should win. But if they dont put pressure on the qb it could be a long night.

I think we should win big.

Should be a good game. Could go either way. Munford has homefield but Kingsbury is probably upset about losin a couple weeks ago.

Agree. Melrose/JNS will be closer than expected but Melrose has experience and speed

Fairley and Hardin is a pick'em so you have to go with home field.

Henry rolls and can rest the first string after halftime

Munford/Kingsbury should be interesting. Dry field will give Kingsbury's back some better footing but I think Munford will hold on in a tight one at home.

As a Melrose grad living in Jackson it will be interesting for me to see a Jackson school going to Orange Mound to play. Melrose's defense has five shutouts so far this season and three games where the opposition scored only one touchdown. The superior runners that they have faced from Fairly,Whitehaven,Christian Brothers and Kingsbury have more than prepared them for Cordarius Mann. He seems to be the only weapon that Northside has. Once he is shut down they will pin their ears back and attack the quarterback.

As a Melrose grad living in Jackson it will be interesting for me to see a Jackson school going to Orange Mound to play. Melrose's defense has five shutouts so far this season and three games where the opposition scored only one touchdown. The superior runners that they have faced from Fairly,Whitehaven,Christian Brothers and Kingsbury have more than prepared them for Cordarius Mann. He seems to be the only weapon that Northside has. Once he is shut down they will pin their ears back and attack the quarterback.

Oh the melrose D is probably the best in the state, because they have played some talent and will be prepared.I see them winning at home comfortably. I see us winning big over RE. I see kingsbury pulling off the upset over munford, and also i see fairley winning big and coming to HC for the third year in row

I THINK JNS AND MELROSE COULD BE A VERY CLOSE GAME. JNS WILL HAVE TO OPEN UP THEIR GAME TO KEEP 9 PLAYERS OUT OF THE BOX, WHICH THEY HAVEN'T DONE VERY OFTEN THIS YEAR. IF THEY WILL, I GIVE NORTH SIDE THE EDGE, IF NOT IT COULD BE A LONG RIDE HOME.

FAIRLEY WILL TAKE HARDIN CO

HENRY CO WILL ROLL

MUNFORD WILL TAKE KINGSBURY AGAIN

I THINK JNS AND MELROSE COULD BE A VERY CLOSE GAME. JNS WILL HAVE TO OPEN UP THEIR GAME TO KEEP 9 PLAYERS OUT OF THE BOX, WHICH THEY HAVEN'T DONE VERY OFTEN THIS YEAR. IF THEY WILL, I GIVE NORTH SIDE THE EDGE, IF NOT IT COULD BE A LONG RIDE HOME.

FAIRLEY WILL TAKE HARDIN CO

HENRY CO WILL ROLL

MUNFORD WILL TAKE KINGSBURY AGAIN

When you say that Northside has not opened it up I am assuming you mean not throwing the ball. I have seen Northside play several times this year and the quarterback has an extremely good arm, but he doesnt always take care of the ball. I noticed inthe stats he has thrown like 12 or 14 picks in about 130 tries. Thats a pick every ten times he throws the ball. That is way to much. If you did double his number of throws in a game and he kept that same ratio he would have had 20 to 30 picks. I agree they do need to throw more, but you also have to look at how many balls have dropped. The receivers have dropped a ton. I also think that they should use the fullback more to run the ball, but nobody has reallly stopped the offense all year. They have stopped themselves plenty. Melrose is a different animal though. They will have atheletes all over the field but I doubt their defense is that much better than Henry Co. Should be an interesting game. Who does Northside's offense?

When you say that Northside has not opened it up I am assuming you mean not throwing the ball. I have seen Northside play several times this year and the quarterback has an extremely good arm, but he doesnt always take care of the ball. I noticed inthe stats he has thrown like 12 or 14 picks in about 130 tries. Thats a pick every ten times he throws the ball. That is way to much. If you did double his number of throws in a game and he kept that same ratio he would have had 20 to 30 picks. I agree they do need to throw more, but you also have to look at how many balls have dropped. The receivers have dropped a ton. I also think that they should use the fullback more to run the ball, but nobody has reallly stopped the offense all year. They have stopped themselves plenty. Melrose is a different animal though. They will have atheletes all over the field but I doubt their defense is that much better than Henry Co. Should be an interesting game. Who does Northside's offense?

Thank you hermit. That is a huge compliment for us henry county fans. Some was suspect at the beggining of the year about our defense but they have played big all year and i hope they do for 5 more weeks.

I root for the big red myself but I disagree here. I'm not ready to say our defense is melrose caliber because they have held down some very high powered offenses. they have speed at every position and a real leader at mlb in antonio harper.

So how do you think these games will turn out?

#4 North Side @ #1 Melrose

#3 Hardin Co. @ #2 Fairly

#4 Raleigh Egypt @ #1 Henry Co.

#3 Kingsbury @ #2 Munford

JNS scores once, if they score at all. Mann will be held to 100 yards or less. Melrose wins by two TD's or more.

Fairley's 'D' stops the run and they have good DB's. Fairley by a TD.

Henry County big ... 40ish to 6 or 12

Munford beat a knot on Kingsbury's head last time ... they win again this time by a slighter margin. Hunter runs for 200 yards though.