7 4A vs. 8 4A

The Hermit

JNS scores once, if they score at all. Mann will be held to 100 yards or less. Melrose wins by two TD's or more.

Fairley's 'D' stops the run and they have good DB's. Fairley by a TD.

Henry County big ... 40ish to 6 or 12

Munford beat a knot on Kingsbury's head last time ... they win again this time by a slighter margin. Hunter runs for 200 yards though.

KWC, you mentioned something you heard about Melrose last week but I never saw where you explained what you were talking about, any insight?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KWC, you mentioned something you heard about Melrose last week but I never saw where you explained what you were talking about, any insight?

What I heard was passed on to me second hand and it is something that you don't post on a message board. Nothing sinister. It's just a private matter that i'm hoping isn't true. That's all I am willing to say about the matter.

When you say that Northside has not opened it up I am assuming you mean not throwing the ball. I have seen Northside play several times this year and the quarterback has an extremely good arm, but he doesnt always take care of the ball. I noticed inthe stats he has thrown like 12 or 14 picks in about 130 tries. Thats a pick every ten times he throws the ball. That is way to much. If you did double his number of throws in a game and he kept that same ratio he would have had 20 to 30 picks. I agree they do need to throw more, but you also have to look at how many balls have dropped. The receivers have dropped a ton. I also think that they should use the fullback more to run the ball, but nobody has reallly stopped the offense all year. They have stopped themselves plenty. Melrose is a different animal though. They will have atheletes all over the field but I doubt their defense is that much better than Henry Co. Should be an interesting game. Who does Northside's offense?

YOU ARE RIGHT ON ALL POINTS HERMIT. JNS QUARTERBACK IS ONLY IN HIS 2ND YEAR OF EVER PLAYING FOOTBALL BUT IS IMPROVING SOME EVERY GAME. YES, WE HAVE HAD MANY DROPPED PASSES AND WE VIRTUALLY NEVER USE THE FULLBACK OR TIGHT END. ALL OF THIS IS WHAT I MEANT BY OPENING UP OUR OFFENSIVE GAME.

OUR OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR IS ASSISTANT COACH JASON MCCAULEY. WAY TOO CONSERVATIVE IN MY OPINION.

everybody talking about melrose D how good is there offense. If melrose and henry co. make it to the quartersfinals, who will win? Is melrose going to be able to handle three threats HC has this year and a much improved defense.

Well i'm a big red fan but i don't think our d is much improved, as a matter of fact i think our d was better last year, but i do think our offense is more complex and explosive.

This is exactly why their trying out the wildcard system in 2A, to prevent schools without a winning record from entering the playoffs

I have never thought about it before, but having some sort of plan to substitute teams with winning records may not be a bad idea. I'll have to think that one through.

JNS scores once, if they score at all. Mann will be held to 100 yards or less. Melrose wins by two TD's or more.

Fairley's 'D' stops the run and they have good DB's. Fairley by a TD.

Henry County big ... 40ish to 6 or 12

Munford beat a knot on Kingsbury's head last time ... they win again this time by a slighter margin. Hunter runs for 200 yards though.

Melrose 32, JNS 0 ... I was right ... Melrose shuts the door on Mann ... I'm curious about Mann's stats ... I will be looking in the Commercial Appeal about that in the morning.

Fairley 36, Hardin Co 28 ... That was a action packed game ... Fairley did win by a TD though

Henry County 70, Raleigh-Egypt 14 ... I did say Henry big ... but I didn't imagine 70 points big!

Munford 28, Kingsbury 42 ... I'm really curious about the stats on this one! (I didn't see this comming)

next up ... Fairley @ Henry County and Kingsbury @ Melrose

7-4A took it on the chin last night with only the Big RED winning /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

HC will take care of Fairley this week and then the big one vs. Melrose.

I still see a team from 7 4a coming out of the west. I wonder who that might be /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

GO BIG RED