McNairy Central vs David Lipscomb

sportsnutdad

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McNairy is not the typical #4 seed. They beat the 6-3A #1 seed 28-6 and they also beat the 7-3A #1 seed 38-7. if the Bobcats beat the 5-3A #1 seed then they will right away become the favorite out of the west half of the bracket to go to the Blue Cross Bowl. I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE A #4 SEED OR NOT!!!! David Lipscomb is a fine football team that has steamrolled to a 9-1 season and gone un-tested in the region throughout the season. This is where their season really begins because I am sure that the Mustangs are tired of finishing runner-up. They've done this now for 3 out of 4 years since winning it all in 2002. I personally feel that David Lipscomb is the best Class 3A team in the state this year hands down /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

David Lipscomb: 42

McNairy Central: 14

This is not a good match-up for McNairy. They are a solid team and probably should be #1 from their region. But unless Buford Pusser is bringing a big stick and his whole posse.....wait a minute that won't help because even if they were alive they would 70+ yrs old...... ..DL is moving to the next round.....a rematch I hope from 5-3a.

6-3a finds out what we suffer thru

McNairy is not the typical #4 seed. They beat the 6-3A #1 seed 28-6 and they also beat the 7-3A #1 seed 38-7. if the Bobcats beat the 5-3A #1 seed then they will right away become the favorite out of the west half of the bracket to go to the Blue Cross Bowl. I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE A #4 SEED OR NOT!!!! David Lipscomb is a fine football team that has steamrolled to a 9-1 season and gone un-tested in the region throughout the season. This is where their season really begins because I am sure that the Mustangs are tired of finishing runner-up. They've done this now for 3 out of 4 years since winning it all in 2002. I personally feel that David Lipscomb is the best Class 3A team in the state this year hands down /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

David Lipscomb: 42

McNairy Central: 14

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU ON DL BEING THE FAVORITE IN 3-AAA. HOWEVER I MUST REMIND YALL WHEN MCNAIRY BEAT DYER COUNY,DC DID NOT HAVE THEIR GEARS "OILED" . THAT LOSS PROPELLED THIS GROUP OF CHOCTAWS TO EXCEL IN EVERY FACET OF THEIR GAME BOTH "O" AND "D". THEY NOW HAVE THE RESPECT THEY LOST FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND DESERVE WHAT THEY HAVE STRIVED FOR !! A LOSS WILL IMPOSE ON YOUNG MEN TO PLAY AS A "T-E-A-M",BELIEVING IN THEMSELVES AND THEIR ABILITIES RESULTING IN BIG TIME WINS= REGION 7-3AAA CHAMPS! I WILL NOT BE SURPRIZED IF DL PLAYS DC IN THE SEMIS AT DYER COUNTY ! GO CHOCTAWS!! GO TROJANS !!

Its Tuesday and nobody has started a thread yet, so here goes.

1) How in the world did McNairy end up as a number 4 seed with a record of 8-2 and a season ending thrashing of #1 Fayette Ware? 2) Who are their playmakers, 3) Will McNairy Central bring a crowd to the game.

For those who will be traveling to Lipscomb, you may want to visit The Mustangfanpage for traveling information to the school, facilities and etc....

SORRY DID NOT SEE THE FIRST THREAD.

Its Tuesday and nobody has started a thread yet, so here goes.

1) How in the world did McNairy end up as a number 4 seed with a record of 8-2 and a season ending thrashing of #1 Fayette Ware? 2) Who are their playmakers, 3) Will McNairy Central bring a crowd to the game.

For those who will be traveling to Lipscomb, you may want to visit The Mustangfanpage for traveling information to the school, facilities and etc....

1. McNairy ended up as the four seed by losing to Bolivar and South Side in two key region games. But give them credit in the South Side game because they continued playing until the clock said 0. They were playing well in the second half.

2. McNairy has several key players. Justin Mood is one of the best running backs in west Tennessee. He is very quick and hard to bring down. He shares palying time with C.J. Simmons who is also a good running back. Ryan Smith is a dual threat. He is a good reciever and a good cornerback. A couple of weeks ago he had a 98 yard interception return for a touchdown. Other key players to watch are QB/S Jonathan Jones, LB/FB Darron Turner, WR/CB Logan Chappell, and TE/DE/P Neil Sanders.

3. They are known for bringing a crowd to every away game. They also have a very strong student section with the Blue Nation.

This should be a good game to see. Good luck to both teams.

Not to insult David Lipscomb...but who have they really played. I understand that they have to be good to be ranked 3rd in the state, but their schedule is not that impressive. I might be wrong about this but I think McNairy plays a tougher schedule than DL. They have played Dyer Co(#5 in the state) and beat them 38 to 7. They beat an atheletic Fayette-Ware team who is the region 6-3a champion 28 to 6. McNairy has the drive to win this game because they know they have something to prove after two disappointing seasons. I think McNairy can pull this game off. They have too much talent to not be able to make a run in the playoffs. I don't think that DL is used to playing against very strong defenses and I don't think they can stop McNairy's run game. Good luck to both teams.

My pick:

McNairy 28

David Lipscomb 14

Not to insult David Lipscomb...but who have they really played. I understand that they have to be good to be ranked 3rd in the state, but their schedule is not that impressive. I might be wrong about this but I think McNairy plays a tougher schedule than DL. They have played Dyer Co(#5 in the state) and beat them 38 to 7. They beat an atheletic Fayette-Ware team who is the region 6-3a champion 28 to 6. McNairy has the drive to win this game because they know they have something to prove after two disappointing seasons. I think McNairy can pull this game off. They have too much talent to not be able to make a run in the playoffs. I don't think that DL is used to playing against very strong defenses and I don't think they can stop McNairy's run game. Good luck to both teams.

My pick:

McNairy 28

David Lipscomb 14

Region 5 & 6 match up well against each other except for DL.

They are 40 better than 2 & 3 seeds Giles & Marshall

I also believe they are 40 better than any team in region 6.

Sorry region 6 fans but thats the way it is.

My pick:

McNairy 28

David Lipscomb 14

What schedule are you looking at? They have beaten the following teams: Greenbrier (7-3) Creek Wood (5-5) Cheatham County (4-6) but playoff bound, Giles County (8-2) Marshall County (7-3) and they lost to Goodpasture (9-1)in OT early in the year. With the exception to the Goodpasture loss, all their games have been blowouts. You may want to retract your earlier post. David Lipscomb seems to be on a mission this year. Good luck to both teams. Final score: DL 42 McNairy Central 0. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My pick:

McNairy 28

David Lipscomb 14

Lipscomb has called off the dogs at halftime or earlier in most of their games. They will not even be slowed down by Mcnairy. Mcnairy has a good team, but playing Lipscomb equals one and done. As Rivevue said in an earlier post, "that's just the way it is." Regarding their competition, DL has manhandled Marshall and Giles, and both of those teams would win 6-3a.

Lipscomb 49

Mcnairy 7