Reg 1 Dis 2 AA

alwaysapioneer

It's very possible that 2,3,4 could finish at 6-4 in the district. I,m not saying it will happen, but if so, does anyone have the tie-breaker system in check. If numbers were drawn, does anyone know who has what?

I believe with the numbers drawn that Rutledge can forget the 1 or 2 seed in the tourney. If CG beats GP Friday then CG is #1 seed. Union can finish any where from 1st to 5th. If GP wins Friday and CG are tied I think GP has the tie breaker. If for some reason it ended in a 3 way tie then Union gets 1, GP 2 and CG 3. Maybe we will know more after Union plays Claiborne tomorrow. I think PF has the first tie breaker but I believe their the only team that has locked up a seed in the tourney. Now don't quote me on these but believe that is kind of the way the tie breakers are. In other words, should be an exciting Friday night of Basketball. Might just leave early and enjoy that scenery (much nicer in the daytime as opposed to Midnight) and stop at the top of the mountain for a piece of vinegar pie.

PS I might have been born at night but it wasn't last night. Already knew the district tourney was at Claiborne just didn't know they were going to try to keep us there last Friday until it started.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe with the numbers drawn that Rutledge can forget the 1 or 2 seed in the tourney. If CG beats GP Friday then CG is #1 seed. Union can finish any where from 1st to 5th. If GP wins Friday and CG are tied I think GP has the tie breaker. If for some reason it ended in a 3 way tie then Union gets 1, GP 2 and CG 3. Maybe we will know more after Union plays Claiborne tomorrow. I think PF has the first tie breaker but I believe their the only team that has locked up a seed in the tourney. Now don't quote me on these but believe that is kind of the way the tie breakers are. In other words, should be an exciting Friday night of Basketball. Might just leave early and enjoy that scenery (much nicer in the daytime as opposed to Midnight) and stop at the top of the mountain for a piece of vinegar pie.

PS I might have been born at night but it wasn't last night. Already knew the district tourney was at Claiborne just didn't know they were going to try to keep us there last Friday until it started.

Dang EAGLEFAN85, nothing gets by you. Thought you might have packed your bags for another stay for the tournament on the state line! Forget the vinegar pie unless you are just adicted to vinegar. Get a burger and some fries topped with a piece of chocolate or apple pie! Take a minute to visit Vetran's Overlook and enjoy the view back towards the Smokies. Doesn't get much better than that! The tournament games will be some of the most exciting we've seen in a while, in my humble opinion! Some good teams and great players - the recipe for some exxxxxxxciting games. And, let's not forget the coaches, they do contribute a little to the game. I'm sure all the drama classes will pay off, especially under the goal. I'm polishing the Oscar tonight for best actor in the tournament. May even have one for the coaches. After the little "dance" CGs coach did Friday night after the victory, we may even pull the dance teams and cheerleaders off the floor for his halftime show. Let's just hope there won't be any "costume malfunctions" during the dance routine!

Dang EAGLEFAN85, nothing gets by you. Thought you might have packed your bags for another stay for the tournament on the state line! Forget the vinegar pie unless you are just adicted to vinegar. Get a burger and some fries topped with a piece of chocolate or apple pie! Take a minute to visit Vetran's Overlook and enjoy the view back towards the Smokies. Doesn't get much better than that! The tournament games will be some of the most exciting we've seen in a while, in my humble opinion! Some good teams and great players - the recipe for some exxxxxxxciting games. And, let's not forget the coaches, they do contribute a little to the game. I'm sure all the drama classes will pay off, especially under the goal. I'm polishing the Oscar tonight for best actor in the tournament. May even have one for the coaches. After the little "dance" CGs coach did Friday night after the victory, we may even pull the dance teams and cheerleaders off the floor for his halftime show. Let's just hope there won't be any "costume malfunctions" during the dance routine!

Gotta try that vinegar pie sometime. If you didn't know better you would think it's lemon. Sorry I missed the dance but you missed the crowning of the Claiborne Sports Queen.

Saw where Union beat Claiborne last night. If I understand the numbers drawn correctly this locks up 4, 5, 6 seeds for the tourney. 6 being PF, 5 Claiborne and Rutledge 4 even if they win Friday against Union. 1, 2, and 3 we won't know about until Friday night. Believe if I was coaching in this district I would be concerned about Union. May not have the absolute best talent in the district but certainly are peaking at the right time.

Saw where Union beat Claiborne last night. If I understand the numbers drawn correctly this locks up 4, 5, 6 seeds for the tourney. 6 being PF, 5 Claiborne and Rutledge 4 even if they win Friday against Union. 1, 2, and 3 we won't know about until Friday night. Believe if I was coaching in this district I would be concerned about Union. May not have the absolute best talent in the district but certainly are peaking at the right time.

Either way, the tournament games are going to be good! I just hope the officials rise to excell for the occasion!. Hate to keep harping, but the officials who should be calling middle school ball have really done an injustice to all the hard work our kids have put in. They deserve much better!

I think Union Co. may indeed be peaking at the right time. They had already been playing well for the past couple of weeks, then got an added shot of adrenaline when sophomore point guard Tyler Smith made his way back to the court this past week from ACL surgery back in the late fall.

Coach Brian Jessie has the Patriots playing well and they looked primed for a district tournament run.

BEARCLAW, I was disappointed last night. Didn't get to see any dancing after the game. Matter of fact the Gap fans were really nice. Several even waited outside the school to see us off. Waved to us and were telling us that we were #1. Think they were wrong though. I believe we ended up with #2 seed not #1 but was a real nice gesture though.

BEARCLAW, I was disappointed last night. Didn't get to see any dancing after the game. Matter of fact the Gap fans were really nice. Several even waited outside the school to see us off. Waved to us and were telling us that we were #1. Think they were wrong though. I believe we ended up with #2 seed not #1 but was a real nice gesture though.

EAGLEFAN85, Sorry you didn't get to see the dance. So the fans were telling you guys they thought you were number 1, hmmm bet I can guess how they were doing that. Union County was in our crib last night, and put on a good shooting performance. Coach Jesse came ready to play. The Pioneers put up a valiant effort, and had the game at one point late on, but things changed. Good game! All make for some good match-ups and games in the district tournament. It will be interesting. Maybe the Highlanders and Pioneers will meet again and we can get past all this "mushy" stuff and get back to some good old arguments on coaches, officials, facilities, and even Vinegar Pie! Enjoy the bumpy ride back over to Claiborne County!

EAGLEFAN85, Sorry you didn't get to see the dance. So the fans were telling you guys they thought you were number 1, hmmm bet I can guess how they were doing that. Union County was in our crib last night, and put on a good shooting performance. Coach Jesse came ready to play. The Pioneers put up a valiant effort, and had the game at one point late on, but things changed. Good game! All make for some good match-ups and games in the district tournament. It will be interesting. Maybe the Highlanders and Pioneers will meet again and we can get past all this "mushy" stuff and get back to some good old arguments on coaches, officials, facilities, and even Vinegar Pie! Enjoy the bumpy ride back over to Claiborne County!

Should be good. Watch out for the lower seeds instead of the better teams. Even though they are seeded lower, they can still get hot on a given night.

Yeah you all are #1. What a classless act your coach is. Going through the line at the end of the game trash talking the CG players? Yeah you all should be real proud. I just hope that CG gets to play you all again.

Aside from your jerk of a coach, your kids played a very good game and should be commended. Holzer had a good night as did the rest of your team and it was a great game to watch.

And just one more comment, your players marching up and down the sidewalk running their mouths and you coach acting like a .....the worse i can say is jerk on here. Enjoy it while you can because somebody, it may be CG it may not be, but someone, will knock you off your high horse really soon and I hope I'm there to see it. I lost a whole lot for the GP program and people on Fri night. And you can retaliate and say what you wish, I don't care. You won and thats fine. But don't be a jackass about it. I know for a fact the CG fans didnt act like that up there. Win with class. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />