Reg 1 Dis 2 AA

alwaysapioneer

BOXN1, Rutledge beat Pigeon Forge AGAIN? You're kidding! I know they won on PF's home court, but you mean the "Forge" lost on the Pioneer floor too? Must have been some game! Bet the officials were horrible and missed a ton of calls for that to happen. You are correct. District Tournament time will be interesting this round!

Ever thought it might be that PF is just terrible? Don't you think you played the sarcasm about officiating enough. All this started when Rutledge fans whined about the offficials picking on their starters in the Cocke Co. and GP games and calling fouls on them because they knew Rutledge didn't have any depth. Go back and check earlier posts or better than that just drop it. You might want to worry about Union any way.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever thought it might be that PF is just terrible? Don't you think you played the sarcasm about officiating enough. All this started when Rutledge fans whined about the offficials picking on their starters in the Cocke Co. and GP games and calling fouls on them because they knew Rutledge didn't have any depth. Go back and check earlier posts or better than that just drop it. You might want to worry about Union any way.

CNEAGLES13, You've got one thing right - Union County is a team to recon with! PF played a hard game against Rutledge on the Pioneer's "floor", and have nothing to hang their heads about. PF is defniately NOT terrible - good team with ton's of talent. Two good games, one in Pigeon Forge and one in Rutledge - GOOD games. And yes, I'll keep whining about the officials. From the B game through the varsity games last night it was horrible for both teams. Three men on the floor should see more than what they saw last night, and the B game is a completely 'nother story. One official needs to put his shorts back on and stick to soccer - no business on the "court". You don't like my sarcasm? Lots of people don't, but it does make things interesting. Been over it, but this has been too much fun. The district tournament games will be wild! If things keep going like they are right now, the tournament win is definately going to be up in the air. Buckle your seatbelt; the season isn't over! I've got a lot of sarcasm to get out before tournament time - and just wait until then! Look me up at the tournament and I'll buy the popcorn - won't even poision yours!

Oh my word... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Brilliant reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Was hoping for some good conversation about the District race and how it has suddenly became a race again. Anyone care to interject their thoughts on that. Who do you think will pull out the top two seeds and earn a bye in the first round of the tournament? Who's the favorite to win the tournament? Gap looks to have the most favorable schedule with two home games and a one game advantage in the standings. GP has two tough road games left. Rutledge has two tough ones also but one of them is at home. Union is playing the best ball but has two tough road games and Pigeon at home. I think Gap takes the top seed and either Rutledge or GP takes #2.

Thoughts anyone?

Was hoping for some good conversation about the District race and how it has suddenly became a race again. Anyone care to interject their thoughts on that. Who do you think will pull out the top two seeds and earn a bye in the first round of the tournament? Who's the favorite to win the tournament? Gap looks to have the most favorable schedule with two home games and a one game advantage in the standings. GP has two tough road games left. Rutledge has two tough ones also but one of them is at home. Union is playing the best ball but has two tough road games and Pigeon at home. I think Gap takes the top seed and either Rutledge or GP takes #2.

Thoughts anyone?

BOXN1, I think the answer to your questions will depend on the officials. They are pretty much controlling win/loose right now - or at least are trying to. None of the teams have as much chance on pure ability this year, it depends on how the officials make their calls. The Pioneers may have a chance if the coaches will stay in their seats and off the floor in the officials faces. Not to say that Coach R, D, McB, and K aren't doing a good job they are! As far as that goes, the rest of the district is in the same boat!

I agree, Gap takes the top, but Rutledge will take #2. Not sure where CG will end up.

BOXN1, I think the answer to your questions will depend on the officials. They are pretty much controlling win/loose right now - or at least are trying to. None of the teams have as much chance on pure ability this year, it depends on how the officials make their calls. The Pioneers may have a chance if the coaches will stay in their seats and off the floor in the officials faces. Not to say that Coach R, D, McB, and K aren't doing a good job they are! As far as that goes, the rest of the district is in the same boat!

I agree, Gap takes the top, but Rutledge will take #2. Not sure where CG will end up.

Come on quit blaming everything on the officials. The officials were terrible in the GP-Union game. Notice I didn't say one sided I said terrrible. The problem there was the fact that the asssigning official sent 1 experienced ref and 2 young inexperienced refs to officiate a district game. Like I said officiating was bad but certainly consistently bad on both ends of the court. GP missed enough free throws and layups to win. Fine example of the great officiating was Union using the old Bobby Knight play or Ernie & Bernie play (take your pick). The one good ref calls a foul. Who is supposed get the number of the shooter since each teams in the bonus? Could it be the other refs? Union sends #3 to the line instead of #23. Dead give away. Sub is waiting to enter the game for #23 tells ref he's for shooter. Coach from GP questions shooter. Young refs say no the correct player is shooting. Sub this enters game for #23. Still, could GP of won the game. Check free throw percentage. Bottom line is some teams in the district are playing better than they were early and some obviously are not playing as well.

Come on quit blaming everything on the officials. The officials were terrible in the GP-Union game. Notice I didn't say one sided I said terrrible. The problem there was the fact that the asssigning official sent 1 experienced ref and 2 young inexperienced refs to officiate a district game. Like I said officiating was bad but certainly consistently bad on both ends of the court. GP missed enough free throws and layups to win. Fine example of the great officiating was Union using the old Bobby Knight play or Ernie & Bernie play (take your pick). The one good ref calls a foul. Who is supposed get the number of the shooter since each teams in the bonus? Could it be the other refs? Union sends #3 to the line instead of #23. Dead give away. Sub is waiting to enter the game for #23 tells ref he's for shooter. Coach from GP questions shooter. Young refs say no the correct player is shooting. Sub this enters game for #23. Still, could GP of won the game. Check free throw percentage. Bottom line is some teams in the district are playing better than they were early and some obviously are not playing as well.

Eaglefan85, Good for you! I'm trying not to be one-sided (unless it's Rutledge and it just is.....) Most of the games lately have been just that. Rutledge drew a foul in Union Co when one of the coaches stood up to give instructions to a player. The official nearest to the coach had no problem, but the YOUNG - INEXPERIENCED official came from the FAR end of the court to call a technical. The official should have been evicted from the gym right then. That call is only one of many, and yes - I know GP and everyone else is getting the same at home and on the road! Do bad calls make a difference in the outcome of the game - sometimes/most of the time. Hence, the true ability of the players and coaches is masked by the inept ability of many of the officials we are getting in this district!

The officials in this district are pitiful. Overweight, can't get up the floor, no common sense of judgement whatsoever. They dictate the pace of the game. If you get the fat one's, expect more fouls and a slower game. If you get the one's with no sense, expect a maylay. If you have a combination, expect to go home ticked whether you win or not. Keep in mind that Union uses a different association than the rest of the district. And that makes it real hard down there. Anyways, that's just my two cents on the subject. Good luck to all tonight. There should be some good games, and some bad officiating!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The officials in this district are pitiful. Overweight, can't get up the floor, no common sense of judgement whatsoever. They dictate the pace of the game. If you get the fat one's, expect more fouls and a slower game. If you get the one's with no sense, expect a maylay. If you have a combination, expect to go home ticked whether you win or not. Keep in mind that Union uses a different association than the rest of the district. And that makes it real hard down there. Anyways, that's just my two cents on the subject. Good luck to all tonight. There should be some good games, and some bad officiating!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

VEERMAN8133, YOU ARE THE MAN! What are your predictions tonight? Rutledge at CG - don't you feel like CG will win easily tonight with homecourt advantage, most talented, most depth in the district? GP has a tough one. Will be an intersting night - expect overtime! The recruiters are everywhere looking over the talent. Hopefully the "fat boys" won't slow the game down too much, and the blind boys won't let too many get away. ANY NIGHT OF BASKETBALL IS A GOOD NIGHT - JUST BETTER WHEN THE WIN IS ON YOUR SIDE!

VEERMAN8133, YOU ARE THE MAN! What are your predictions tonight? Rutledge at CG - don't you feel like CG will win easily tonight with homecourt advantage, most talented, most depth in the district? GP has a tough one. Will be an intersting night - expect overtime! The recruiters are everywhere looking over the talent. Hopefully the "fat boys" won't slow the game down too much, and the blind boys won't let too many get away. ANY NIGHT OF BASKETBALL IS A GOOD NIGHT - JUST BETTER WHEN THE WIN IS ON YOUR SIDE!

With the way the Panthers have been playing, nothing will be easy, home or away!!! I do hope that they can rebound from a couple of tough losses. It will good for them to be back home!!! It's been awhile. Rutledge is always tough and will be tough again tonight. GP will win at Claiborne. UC will take care of PF at home. I 'm gonna have to take CG tonight because I always do!!!! Good luck to all. And as far as the "officials" go...well...I'll just say this. If they'd pay more attention to the game and the flow of the game instead of everything else going on in teh gym and be more consistent, then people would be a lot happier. If you're going to be good, be good both ways. If you're going to stink, stink both ways. Anyway, good luck to all.

With the way the Panthers have been playing, nothing will be easy, home or away!!! I do hope that they can rebound from a couple of tough losses. It will good for them to be back home!!! It's been awhile. Rutledge is always tough and will be tough again tonight. GP will win at Claiborne. UC will take care of PF at home. I 'm gonna have to take CG tonight because I always do!!!! Good luck to all. And as far as the "officials" go...well...I'll just say this. If they'd pay more attention to the game and the flow of the game instead of everything else going on in teh gym and be more consistent, then people would be a lot happier. If you're going to be good, be good both ways. If you're going to stink, stink both ways. Anyway, good luck to all.

VEERMAN8133, how true - how true - how true. I know the cheerleaders are nice looking, but that's not where the official's attention needs to be. Seen that a lot this year. One official missed a call at his feet because he was flirting during play and one of the other officials had to make the call. I've also seen male officials flirting with female officials during a b-game while waiting for the varsity to play. Come on guys & gals, you are getting paid to watch the game and keep things in line on the court - not off! Sorry veerman8133, but I'm going to have to pull for the Pioneers tonight. Will definately be a good game either way!