CLOUDLAND

foreveranole

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think someone said the 'Landers first game is on the 16th, so I would expect Coach Birchfield might go around next Monday or Tuesday and ask a few girls if they would like to play. He should be able to find six or seven girls that are interested. Then they can do conditioning on Wednesday, work on a couple of plays on Thursday. That will get them ready to play by Friday...don't you think?

The Highlander

Yeah, what The Highlander said.

Seriously, foreveranole, the Lady Highlanders are the team to beat in Carter County. I watched the Lady Rangers scrimmage last night; they'll be all right. They're a little, little in the paint, and the freshmen will really have to develop and step up by tournament time, but overall, a promising team.

Coach Tolley's kept it low-key this summer and early fall, but with their returning talent, the Lady Bulldogs won't surprise anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, what The Highlander said.

Seriously, foreveranole, the Lady Highlanders are the team to beat in Carter County. I watched the Lady Rangers scrimmage last night; they'll be all right. They're a little, little in the paint, and the freshmen will really have to develop and step up by tournament time, but overall, a promising team.

Coach Tolley's kept it low-key this summer and early fall, but with their returning talent, the Lady Bulldogs won't surprise anyone.

I don't know about that. The Lady 'Dogs are very small but fast, and looked pretty good last night @ Chattanooga-Baylor, coming back from a 10-point deficit at the end of the 3rd quarter to win the game 46-43. they showed alot of heart and never gave up. We only lost 2 seniors last year, and have 3 returning starters, whose games have also improved. I'm not saying we'll beat Cld., and there's still a while til we play, but don't overlook us. The Lady Bulldogs are right up there with the Lady 'Landers, in my opinion.

Cloudland /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> will completely dominate this year. I have never watched three exciting quick players like Sydnie Buchanun, Brooke Johnson, and Shelly Mckinney in the history of Lady Highlander Basketball. These girls are on a pace of their own, whooo!!

I don't know about that. The Lady 'Dogs are very small but fast, and looked pretty good last night @ Chattanooga-Baylor, coming back from a 10-point deficit at the end of the 3rd quarter to win the game 46-43. they showed alot of heart and never gave up. We only lost 2 seniors last year, and have 3 returning starters, whose games have also improved. I'm not saying we'll beat Cld., and there's still a while til we play, but don't overlook us. The Lady Bulldogs are right up there with the Lady 'Landers, in my opinion.

My point was, that because the Lady Bulldogs have a lot of good, returning players (as I've posted on other threads), it won't be surprising when, not if they beat some of the better teams in the area. I expect the will.

There are no unbeatables in our conference this season. Hampton actually matches up very well with Cloudland, just as North Greene is often a huge challenge for Unaka.

Lady 'Lander Update:

Well, the final score against Daniel Boone last night (shouldn't that be Dannielle Boone, since it is the ladies?) was:

Cloudland 53

Daniel Boone 38

By quarter:

1st 15-11

2nd 30-26

3rd 44-35

4th 53-38

The game wasn't particularly pretty, the 'Landers trailed for the first time this year, although it was only at 3-0 to start the game. Brooke Johnson had another outstanding performance, pumping in 20 to lead the team. Guard play in general was good, Jordi Miller added 7 with two 3's, Sydnie Buchanan netted 8, Amber Clawson added a three, and Brooke Hughes had her best game of the year with two 3's and a 2. Unfortunately, both Brooke's got in early foul trouble and got to be spectators for stretches of the game. That did give some "experience" minutes at point to Amber Clawson, who hit a nice three on an assist from Jordi M. Sydnie B. also handled the ball well, proving we have a very capable cadre of guards this year.

Inside play was ok, although not up to our usual standards. Lost track of the rebounding, but I suspect it was pretty well even. Got to pick it up a little, but the scoring and rebounding was fairly well spread around between Shellie McKinney, Brittany Reece, and Rebekah Tolley.

We did have some foul trouble, not that we weren't committing them, it just seemed like all our fouls put the DB'ers on the line, while we shot very few times. That hurts. No fault of the ref's, we just fouled at the wrong times.

At least we didn't get robbed like University High. Had I been the coach at UH, I would have been thrown out without a doubt. I'd still be yelling.

See you at the game on Friday.

The Highlander

My point was, that because the Lady Bulldogs have a lot of good, returning players (as I've posted on other threads), it won't be surprising when, not if they beat some of the better teams in the area. I expect the will.

There are no unbeatables in our conference this season. Hampton actually matches up very well with Cloudland, just as North Greene is often a huge challenge for Unaka.

You've got to be kidding!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> No one can match up with Cloudland in the conference this year. Its gonna be spank city, brother, SPANK CITY!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Certainly, beating Boone is a good win for Cloudland over a AAA team. Boone will be in the mix in their conference. I think Cloudland has a very good shot at reaching Murfreesboro. I think they will go as far as Brooke Johnson takes them, she is outstanding. She is surrounded by a nice cast of guards and serviceable posts. Very good yes, unbeatable no.