Gibbs coach hanging it up

littlemn88

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brad Conley weren't in administration now I'd put him in. Former player, former defensive coordinator and just a really good all-around guy (and you don't hear me saying that about many folks from Gibbs...except for relatives). Also Conley is Kenny Chesney's cousin (which he told me once would get him a cup of coffee at McDonald's along with 50 cents)...

I heard Brad Conley has put his name in for the job. Has anyone else heard this?

I spoke to coach Jessie right before Christmas and he said he hadn't heard from anyone down there yet. Are they going to wait until school gets back in session before they start contacting people? He said he's realistic about the whole thing and knows that it would be tough for him to get it because he's an "outsider", but he said he's just going wait it out and see if he gets an interview.

I spoke to coach Jessie right before Christmas and he said he hadn't heard from anyone down there yet. Are they going to wait until school gets back in session before they start contacting people? He said he's realistic about the whole thing and knows that it would be tough for him to get it because he's an "outsider", but he said he's just going wait it out and see if he gets an interview.

Any news about anything?

• 3 weeks later...

What the heck is taking so long? Name a coach and let him start working with his poetntial players. No wonder Coach Carroll didn't have much of a chance to win - no administrative help. Another question, isn't the AD at Gibbs the same guy that hired the crazy man at South Doyle? If he is, we all know this is going to be a tough time for Gibbs.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know much about what is going on except that GHS admin has recieved over 40 applications for the position. I heard they have been interviewing 3 or 4 a week. This is probably the best they can do since the state has now mandated that every teacher must be observed every two years now, which means the admin must observe at least half of their teachers every year, this along with all the other duties such as discipline, and the many many principle meetings they must attend away from the school. Sorry I can't offer much more than that. I would be interested to know if anyone knows who may have already been interviewed.