Smyrna or Riverdale?

nextbest09

We'll know soon enough whos better

i'm pulling for smyrna and riverdale...as long as region 4-5a win the state...i will be happy and proud...once again

these two teams have certainly represented region 4 very well...especially the last couple of years

i don't know about smyrna...but riverdale better win it this year because it will be their last chance for a LONG time...

now before you go off...all the riverdale folks who are so proud (and you should be) of your guys...the writing is on the wall...you cannot make (even coach A...as good as he is) gold from straw...and your last 3 years of freshmen have been just that...straw...you can't make race horses out of donkey's...this is not a personal slam...just meaning you don't have the studs in the pipe line that you have always had...part of it wishes it was not so...because region 4 got so much state and national attention because of the great riverdale football teams

if coach A wins the region with what he has to work with in the next 3 years...ND, USC, Tenn, etc should go after him hard...nearly every starter is a senior on offense and defense...all the OL are gone...qb gone...rb's gone, DL...gone...etc...etc...

yes...riverdale is 11-0 this year...but they are not the same riverdale team of old...and it is only going to get worse

smyrna on the other hand...they have way more athletes in the pipe line...freshmen and jv are loaded with athletes...so i think their future looks much brighter...

well...i guess i just made all the riverdale fans mad...and all of the smyrna fans happy...but my intent was to do neither...just putting a few fact out their to stir the pot like "tdntn" does so well... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i even had one of riverdale's coaches tell me...a couple of years ago...all that i just said...he saw it even then... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're right...riverdale will still be a contender in the region title race atleast, still a consistant playoff team, but safe to say not the riverdale teams of past. talent wont be hard to find (its not hard to find anywhere in rutherford county), but at every position, might be tough. experience factor might be the deepest cut next year.

smyrna is and will always be about the stars. im not so sure if they will be the school to inherit region 4 from riverdale, but right now they are next in line. they would have to show way more consistancy than they do now. with wilson county teams on the rise as well as siegel and blackman, it might be one of them who steps up for the title next year, that is if riverdale is willing to give it up haha.

of course all this stuff is a year off...im a senior and trying to live in the moment and enjoy the team we have now, and hopefully see them win a gold ball. believe will be a life long warrior tho /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

you're right...riverdale will still be a contender in the region title race atleast, still a consistant playoff team, but safe to say not the riverdale teams of past. talent wont be hard to find (its not hard to find anywhere in rutherford county), but at every position, might be tough. experience factor might be the deepest cut next year.

smyrna is and will always be about the stars. im not so sure if they will be the school to inherit region 4 from riverdale, but right now they are next in line. they would have to show way more consistancy than they do now. with wilson county teams on the rise as well as siegel and blackman, it might be one of them who steps up for the title next year, that is if riverdale is willing to give it up haha.

of course all this stuff is a year off...im a senior and trying to live in the moment and enjoy the team we have now, and hopefully see them win a gold ball. believe will be a life long warrior tho /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

tdntn...i am more impressed with you as a person because of your response...i thought you would come after my juggler...and i'm glad you took my words in the spirit given...

region 4 will be even tougher next year...i don't think anyone will go undefeated...2 defeats might win it all...

hope you and the bulldogs get to square off again...and tell your guys to watch the pass /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

tdntn...i am more impressed with you as a person because of your response...i thought you would come after my juggler...and i'm glad you took my words in the spirit given...

region 4 will be even tougher next year...i don't think anyone will go undefeated...2 defeats might win it all...

hope you and the bulldogs get to square off again...and tell your guys to watch the pass /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

i appreciate it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />. i feel im pretty reasonable, but alot of times on these boards if theres a shot i take it (mostly at smyrna fans lol)

every class for close to the last decade has just been trying to not be the beginning of the demise. people have been saying the program was going to fall off before blackman even opened. blackman got half our team that year and riverdale still won state. so up until now (maybe) the talks have been very premature. thats why, while doubtful, you very well might see riverdale as region champions again next year...no matter what the circumstances, its hard to count them out.

this year its not only about the talent level at riverdale on the decline, its that and other region 4 programs talent on the rise. thats the difference...2004 was one of those peak years for us talent wise. we havent been able to match that teams talent since then (although i feel like this year is up from 2006), but even with that circumstance we still had far greater the amount of talent position to position than any other region 4 school...likely wont be the case next year

in the mean time...2007 WARRIORS GET IT DONE /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i appreciate it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />. i feel im pretty reasonable, but alot of times on these boards if theres a shot i take it (mostly at smyrna fans lol)

every class for close to the last decade has just been trying to not be the beginning of the demise. people have been saying the program was going to fall off before blackman even opened. blackman got half our team that year and riverdale still won state. so up until now (maybe) the talks have been very premature. thats why, while doubtful, you very well might see riverdale as region champions again next year...no matter what the circumstances, its hard to count them out.

this year its not only about the talent level at riverdale on the decline, its that and other region 4 programs talent on the rise. thats the difference...2004 was one of those peak years for us talent wise. we havent been able to match that teams talent since then (although i feel like this year is up from 2006), but even with that circumstance we still had far greater the amount of talent position to position than any other region 4 school...likely wont be the case next year

in the mean time...2007 WARRIORS GET IT DONE /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yeah i know..lol saying im picking against smyrna..lol........your right though its my senior year to and im just living with this team..yeah both schools are gonna be great next year..heck prolly better..but its still the here and now...good luck

i'm pulling for smyrna and riverdale...as long as region 4-5a win the state...i will be happy and proud...once again

these two teams have certainly represented region 4 very well...especially the last couple of years

i don't know about smyrna...but riverdale better win it this year because it will be their last chance for a LONG time...

now before you go off...all the riverdale folks who are so proud (and you should be) of your guys...the writing is on the wall...you cannot make (even coach A...as good as he is) gold from straw...and your last 3 years of freshmen have been just that...straw...you can't make race horses out of donkey's...this is not a personal slam...just meaning you don't have the studs in the pipe line that you have always had...part of it wishes it was not so...because region 4 got so much state and national attention because of the great riverdale football teams

if coach A wins the region with what he has to work with in the next 3 years...ND, USC, Tenn, etc should go after him hard...nearly every starter is a senior on offense and defense...all the OL are gone...qb gone...rb's gone, DL...gone...etc...etc...

yes...riverdale is 11-0 this year...but they are not the same riverdale team of old...and it is only going to get worse

smyrna on the other hand...they have way more athletes in the pipe line...freshmen and jv are loaded with athletes...so i think their future looks much brighter...

well...i guess i just made all the riverdale fans mad...and all of the smyrna fans happy...but my intent was to do neither...just putting a few fact out their to stir the pot like "tdntn" does so well... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i even had one of riverdale's coaches tell me...a couple of years ago...all that i just said...he saw it even then... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I sure can't argue with you sir! But as long as they have good coaches in place and the boys continue to work as hard as they always have win or lose the other teams in this region will know they have been in a ball game! The next several years will be interesting! GO WARRIORS!

tdntn you have always been a class act! GO WARRIORS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

tdntn you have always been a class act! GO WARRIORS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Always great words of wisdom that come out big man. Let's just stop posting and start again next week if your still playing I would hate for you to be lookin past those pesky wildcats.