Eurosports Rankings

global1

Maybe next year if Soddy wins state we might get ranked #8. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You know, there is a graceful way to win and a graceful way to lose. The girls had a good season and we all are proud of them and their accomplishments. Each post you place, you cheapen their year.

Speaking from exactly where you are right now, it took more than one appearance at states of our organization to earn respect. Our girls were knocked out first round, exactly as SD was this year. A top team builds, it doesn't sulk. And yes, we won states two years later and gained the #1 position.

Be constructive. Develop what you did well this year into a core strength. Identify your weaknesses and address them. I can guarantee you that your efforts here on a bulletin board will get your girls no where on the pitch.

They played a good game. Get them to a club team and polish their skills.

If "you" are bored, start following college soccer. This weekend the big dance begins.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, there is a graceful way to win and a graceful way to lose. The girls had a good season and we all are proud of them and their accomplishments. Each post you place, you cheapen their year.

Speaking from exactly where you are right now, it took more than one appearance at states of our organization to earn respect. Our girls were knocked out first round, exactly as SD was this year. A top team builds, it doesn't sulk. And yes, we won states two years later and gained the #1 position.

Be constructive. Develop what you did well this year into a core strength. Identify your weaknesses and address them. I can guarantee you that your efforts here on a bulletin board will get your girls no where on the pitch.

They played a good game. Get them to a club team and polish their skills.

If "you" are bored, start following college soccer. This weekend the big dance begins.

Sulking ...No, feeling disrespected for the girls ...Yes.

"Cheapen their Year" by my post, I think not. Not even the Euro voters can cheapen their year. Their snubbing of Soddy will only fuel the flames to return to state for these girls.

And for my last post on this subject....THE RANKINGS ARE A JOKE!!!!!

Sulking ...No, feeling disrespected for the girls ...Yes.

"Cheapen their Year" by my post, I think not. Not even the Euro voters can cheapen their year. Their snubbing of Soddy will only fuel the flames to return to state for these girls.

And for my last post on this subject....THE RANKINGS ARE A JOKE!!!!!

No one has disrespect for your players. YOU have disrespect for the polls.

No one ever agrees on the polls. Unfortunately, the polls are a summation of peoples thoughts.

The only way you can influence their thoughts is by taking care of business on the field by competing against the teams that "those people" consider "ranked teams", not on a website calling those in control of your destiny idiots.

You know, another measure to a team's success is to compare other variables...take a look at some of the other information available on the Eurosport website.

I wouldn't be so boastful on moving up to 8th. Look at St. Georges. They won State and are no where to be seen.

Is this the new smaller D2 division? I don't even know some of these teams that they played. How many teams are in this division? I noticed that only 4 qualified for state. Are the guys doing this, too? (sorry about the number of questions; I don't know much about division 2 teams)

No one ever agrees on the polls. Unfortunately, the polls are a summation of peoples thoughts.

The only way you can influence their thoughts is by taking care of business on the field by competing against the teams that "those people" consider "ranked teams", not on a website calling those in control of your destiny idiots.

You know, another measure to a team's success is to compare other variables...take a look at some of the other information available on the Eurosport website.

Oh by the way I DID NOT call anyone Idiots (self serving yes, which I said I was sorry for...Idiots no)

Oh by the way I DID NOT call anyone Idiots (self serving yes, which I said I was sorry for...Idiots no)

I think everyone has lost their perspective, this is ONLY HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER. Lighten up.....

The Eurosports rankings are not used by any college coaches, they are just for FUN!!!! NO one takes it seriously.

Good Job to all players.....

Is this the new smaller D2 division? I don't even know some of these teams that they played. How many teams are in this division? I noticed that only 4 qualified for state. Are the guys doing this, too? (sorry about the number of questions; I don't know much about division 2 teams)

Yes, St. George's is in DIIA, the smaller of the DII divisions. St. George's played all of the D2 schools in Memphis. Some of their scores -- lost to St. Agnes 1-0, beat Hutchison 2-1, lost to ECS 3-0, beat White Station 2-1, beat Davidson Academy 8-0. In the Katie Hunter tournament, St. George's went 2-2. Lost to Oak Ridge and Dobyns-Bennett and beat Beech and David Lipscomb.

DIIA and DIIAA actually have 8 teams qualify for state, but now that there are two divisions, the sub-state games (quarterfinals) are played at home sites. The 'final four' in both DIIA and DIIAA travel to the finals site. So there are still 8 DII teams traveling to the finals site, just now in two different divisions.

In DIIA there are 10 schools across the state in this division for girls soccer. I DIIAA there are a few more, I think 15 or 16 total in girls soccer.

i have to agree with mvm on this situation of the sd snubbing in the polls. yes, high school girls probably dont even know where to go to see this poll or even care, but that does not diminish the hard work and efforts of these girls. mvm isnt tarnishing anything by expressing his disdain for the polls. in fact, by exposing the folly of the polls he only sharpens the case that soddy daisy has an amazing up and coming program with extremely dedicated fans, players and coaches.

the shame is the people who make the polls probably care even less about the girls feelings than the girls care about the polls.