Oneida @ Hampton

Bulldogs#1

Congrats to the Bulldogs. Excellent defense boys, pass defense was fierce! Hampton has a great program, great kids, coaches and fans. Sorry I missed ya pujo. I'll have to meet ya next September!

I will be pulling for you guys next week. Normally I root for reg 2 but any team that puts my team out....well, thats my new favorite team! Should be a very good game. Midway has a great bunch of kids as well, very tough, very fast. Great fans and coaches. You all will get another awesome Friday night!

Outstanding job this year Indians. You boys were never out of any game. Represented yourself and Oneida with a great deal of pride and respect. Couldn't be more proud to be a fan. TL, awesome coach, awesome man. Great leader. Coach Wright is such a great teacher, fearless offensive coordinator. We are blessed to have such an outstanding staff across the board. Be looking forward to next year!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not sure where to start. We drove up there and both teams went "Old School" on the defensive side of the ball. Tony Lambert again had his crew ready to give the Indians a chance. We aren't kidding anybody, we knew we would have to make some plays against a very good team in a very tough place to play. The statistical side of the sheet shows that we did just about all we could. Oneida took a chance early on the fourth down play and Hampton was able to stop it. It gave the Bulldogs a short field and they got it. I'm not second guessing the decision at all, because in order for us to win this game we were going to have to pull off some of those kinds of situations. Most teams probably would have given in to defeat to such a quality team, but it appears the Indians never bought into that kind of thinking. If you'll remember in my "match-up" post, a lot of what I said held pretty true. The Oneida Defense is just tough to break, and that is taking nothing away from Hampton's D either. They are BOTH good! Hampton did have a better offense than Oneida, but the Indians were able to match them yard for yard. There is little reward for just a job well done, but this game should speak volumes about the expectations for Oneida in the coming season. I know I'm preaching about "wait til next year", but with continued work Tony's crew looks awfully good. Hold your head high boys, it was a tough lesson. If you learned from it, we'll all see the results next fall. Hampton was a formitable opponent and I wish them well the rest of the way. Pujo, you won't get such a "colorful" conversation next week. They don't talk a whole lot down SOR, but they play pretty good football. One word of advice, don't let Ray Ray Robinson get loose! He is the best back in our conference. Have fun the rest of the way.....it might actually get easier. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Much Regards, Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GREAT JOB BOTH TEAMS ON A GOOD GAME.BUT TO THE INDIANS IT WAS A GREAT SEASON AND A JOY TO WATCH YOU GUYS PLAY ON FRIDAY NIGHTS.I AM PROUD OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU COACHES INCLUDED.I WANT TO CONGRADULATE TL ON A GREAT FIRST SEASON AS A HEAD COACH I KNOW THERE WILL BE` MANY MORE TO COME. THANK YOU ALL /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think I'm going to stick around seeing how I get under your skin. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

you don't get under my skin, you just show how big of a duma$$ you are when you post. once again, go enjoy posting on the basketball thread.