Tyner Academy @ DCA

THS7758

I don't know that much about DCA but, IMO this is the best team that TYNER has had in a couple of years. The key for Tyner is to control the line of scrimmage on BOTH sides of the ball and to not make costly turnovers. If Tyner can do that then, they can go deep into the playoffs, possibly win the state. From what I hear, this should be a good, close game but, I'm piccking TYNER by 6.

...I wouldn't give DCA that much credit...if you are talking about a couple of years(2005)...we have played several teams that are head and shoulders better>>>Alcoa, Fulton, McCallie, and even S. Pitt...they may be good but certainly not the best!!!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I wouldn't give DCA that much credit...if you are talking about a couple of years(2005)...we have played several teams that are head and shoulders better>>>Alcoa, Fulton, McCallie, and even S. Pitt...they may be good but certainly not the best!!!

[/quote

I just cannot see this being close at all. Soft teams do not advance.

Look don't get mad. Facts are facts. On film at least it does appear your team is quick but clearly does not like contact at all. The term "soft" is the label for a team that does not enjoy the physical side of the sport. If that offends you I am sorry but it sure looks accurate from our vantage point. Yes you have speed but you are clearly not a team than lines up and brings it all night long. At least not what I have seen. I also believe your secondary is in for a long physical night. But good luck and we will see. Is the mercy rule used on postseason play?

...You know what they say about opinions...everybody has one...you may have a better record but your running game is a one-back wonder...we will see what #21 looks like in the 4th quarter after the "RAMTRAIN" has been rolling all night long...yes, the mercy rule is in effect but DCA won't get a chance to use it!!! You better worry about not getting blown out on your home field /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

...You know what they say about opinions...everybody has one...you may have a better record but your running game is a one-back wonder...we will see what #21 looks like in the 4th quarter after the "RAMTRAIN" has been rolling all night long...yes, the mercy rule is in effect but DCA won't get a chance to use it!!! You better worry about not getting blown out on your home field /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ramtrain? Or do you mean "soft train"?

Actually, his best runs are in the 4th quarter, but DCA has some other weapons. The passing game had a rough night friday, but I do not expect that to happen two weeks in a row. Actually, DCA does not need 6 fast backs, #21 will get it done. I might add, that the mercy rule talk is silly, this is a playoff game, 2nd round, but if you folks down there think it is going to be that easy, to come to Donelson and Blow out DCA, then it is a waste of time responding to that kind of talk. Better bring your best game and hope you win by one! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You have nobody to shut down our back. We will see what your linebackers look like after a couple of quarters of hitting our backs. That's when I believe you fold the tents. Your linebackers are fast but simply do not hit like we do. Perhaps you call that "soft". Not sure if that is accurate but you have to admit your team is a finesse team.

Actually, his best runs are in the 4th quarter, but DCA has some other weapons. The passing game had a rough night friday, but I do not expect that to happen two weeks in a row. Actually, DCA does not need 6 fast backs, #21 will get it done. I might add, that the mercy rule talk is silly, this is a playoff game, 2nd round, but if you folks down there think it is going to be that easy, to come to Donelson and Blow out DCA, then it is a waste of time responding to that kind of talk. Better bring your best game and hope you win by one! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

...DCA's fan was the first one to mention the 'mercy rule'...I just engaged in a little friendly chatter...all this board does is to allow folks to express an opinion...you think your team will win...well, I think my team will be victorious...the proof will be on this coming Friday!!!

...DCA's fan was the first one to mention the 'mercy rule'...I just engaged in a little friendly chatter...all this board does is to allow folks to express an opinion...you think your team will win...well, I think my team will be victorious...the proof will be on this coming Friday!!!

And we believe your team is "soft". These are facts. Just watch the film.

I think it is silly talk no matter who said it first. I think both teams are good to be alive at this point, I just think DCA will win this game at home. I stick with my initial position, DCA by 6. Now if you guys can't stop #21, then it could be worse, but we will see. I will note though, if you sit on #21 then #14 is going to hurt you in the air, soften you up( now I did not call you soft /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ) but soften you up some, its a figure of speech meaning to get you off the line of scrimmage, then #21 will get ya. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />