Riverdale (11-0) vs. Wilson Central (9-2)

tdntn

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also coach Elrod travels the country every off season giving lectures and teaching coaches about the wing-t offense so there must be a few out there who think he is preaty smart.

Seems to me that Elrod is a good coach. What is more important is that the players seem to believe in him and his sytem and I think mentally he was the moral boost that the players needed.

O.K. it is my opinion that we had a lot to do with the lack of exectuion and i think we will prove it again friday night...having said that i only saw WC one time ...what is your opinion of WC poor play?

I have seen WC play 4 times: Riverdale,Oakland,Blackman and Lebanon. In my opinion WC looked a little sloppy on offense, I think all the hype of the game and the electricity in Tomahawk Stadium that night was a little bit overwhelming. I think they were mentally exhausted before the game ever started. Riverdale played very well that night also, the offense was putting on a blocking clinic and the backs and qb were running wild. The defense was attacking the ball all night.

I do think WC's offense can score more than 7pts. on Riverdale's defense, I just dont know if WC's defense can stop

Riverdale's offense. They said on the radio after the game that it was the best game Riverdale had played all year, can they do it again or will WC get revenge ??????

GHS

well, I am sure he doesn't really care what I think. However, for me to consider him a "guru", he does in fact need my validation. In case you did not know, that is how people form opinions, they validate them to themselves. By the way, the WC defense played outstanding in my opinion considering Riverdale started in WC territory nearly everytime they had the ball. I think WC only had 19 total yards in the first half and only gave up 13 points. Who are you kidding? My validation where you are concerned stems from the fact that you don't know nearly as much as you think you do. How many championships did Elrod win? How many in 3A or higher?

sir as u can see i very rarely post, but to see and read what you have said about coach elrod forces me to do so. short and to the point elrod has won the big one just ask the many players that he coached that made it to the nfl. if you knew as much as you thought you did about tn high school football you would already know this.

I am not saying Elrod is not a good coach. All I am saying is that if he is a true "guru" he will figure out a way to move the ball and make plays against Riverdale. He was out-coached in the last meeting by a d-coordinator from Hartsville. He hasn't been successful against Riverdale yet. Coach Adeylott's wing-t was much more efficient. I personally hope to goodness that he can figure something out. I am rooting for him to do it and knock off "cocky" Riverdale.(even thought they have earned the right to be so)

you just dont know when to quit. coach h. at riverdale coached with elrod the last time riverdale lost a region game at mt. juliet and guess wwhat offense they ran.

Good luck to Wilson Central in this game. I know first hand how hard those guys work over there and the job they have done with about 40 kids is amazing. And they have lost key players to injuries at key times that tested their depth even more. The way that Aric, Elrod, Jennings, Howard, and the rest of those guys have adapted to the talent they have at their disposal is one of the best coaching years I have seen in Middle Tennessee. That just shows what good coaching and hard nosed players can do. McChurch, Adkins, and Shannon are kids that you would go to war with any Friday night. I got a chance to see them slobberknock a pretty decent Kenwood team in a preseason scrimmage and I knew right then that they were a totally different team than the 2006 version.

With that said, they are going to have to play a little over their heads to beat Riverdale. And playing over your head can happen with attention to detail. Eleven guys playing their position defensively. Carrying out your offensive assignments. No busts in special teams. That's all it takes. This isn't the 1995 Riverdale team by any stretch of the imagination. They are still good, but a depleted LaVergne and a mistake prone Smyrna both nearly gave them the business. I have confidence that if Wilson Central can just keep this one close, Elrod may be able to get a matchup that he can exploit.

sir as u can see i very rarely post, but to see and read what you have said about coach elrod forces me to do so. short and to the point elrod has won the big one just ask the many players that he coached that made it to the nfl. if you knew as much as you thought you did about tn high school football you would already know this.

well, sir, there is much more to know about football than just Wes Elrod. Once again, I am not hating on the guy, I just wanted to know what his creds were. Relax. What big ones has he won, and how recently? Enlighten me....

well, sir, there is much more to know about football than just Wes Elrod. Once again, I am not hating on the guy, I just wanted to know what his creds were. Relax. What big ones has he won, and how recently? Enlighten me....

why are people trying to make this so personal......you folks need to get over yourselves sometimes. I didn't know that it was against the law to have your own opinion. gee whiz..... I was rooting for WC to pull this out, but if this is the way ya'll act.......maybe not

New Age Outlaw you know nothing about coaching. It's not always the x's and o's. Often it's the Tommy's and Joe's. I played football 26 years, coached for 12. I've been a 14-0 National Champion and I've been on a 2-8 team. My point is I have been around hundreds of coaches in my football life and Elrod is without a doubt one of the best coaches and men I have ever been around. It doesn't matter what you think. He is without a doubt a guru and has forgot more ball than you have ever known sir. You want to call folks out and hide behind a screen name. You through his name around. What's yours? He is an awesome coach and an even better dude. So do us all a favor and lay off Elrod. Please! I'm asking not telling.

New Age Outlaw you know nothing about coaching. It's not always the x's and o's. Often it's the Tommy's and Joe's. I played football 26 years, coached for 12. I've been a 14-0 National Champion and I've been on a 2-8 team. My point is I have been around hundreds of coaches in my football life and Elrod is without a doubt one of the best coaches and men I have ever been around. It doesn't matter what you think. He is without a doubt a guru and has forgot more ball than you have ever known sir. You want to call folks out and hide behind a screen name. You through his name around. What's yours? He is an awesome coach and an even better dude. So do us all a favor and lay off Elrod. Please! I'm asking not telling.

you know nothing about me and my football knowledge or ability. I am not throwing Elrod under the bus, I am not calling him out. If you go back and read all my other posts, I have admitted that he is a very good coach, but that I would like to see him be successgul against Riverdale. I have never been a part of a program that finished below 4-6. With that being said, I am not knocking your ability because I do not know you. I am not knocking Coach Elrod's ability becasue I do no know him. I was just stating that my opinion is that if he is as great as everyone says, he will be successful Friday night and I will be happy to eat my words. I am sure he is a good guy based on the fact that everyone feels compelled to come to his defense. Why does everything on here have to be so personal. I have not taken one personal shot at him.......I do know that there is much more to football than x's and o's.....I have experienced it first hand. But, if you have been in coaching as long as you say you have, you know that the coaches are the ones to take the blame, even if the kids are the problem. Look at UT . I was not aware that certain people are granted exemptions from their play calling being put into question. Please don't make this personal, I haven't. BTW, the game isn't about the coaches, it is about the kids and the lifelong memories they are creating every week. It should be a fine matchup between 2 programs and 2 groups of kids. Why don't we return our focus to that.

And I am sure you will say that I started all of this. All I said at the beginning was that if he can pull this off, I will jump on the "guru" bandwagon happily ( this is a paraphrase, of course)

****Disclaimer**** Opinionated people, please do not post. You're not allowed to have one ****