Greenbrier 13 McMinn Central 10

painter

Great Football Game. Both teams played with lots of heart. I can't understand how a fan could say thier team played poorly and the other team won. That would be like me saying someone has no brain and type poorly.

Both teams layed it out and both teams made mistakes. Both teams made great plays.

Greenbrier moved the ball well all night. Without some great plays by the McMinn defense the score would have been worse. Oh there was the touchdown that got called back. (My apologies to the McMinn fans) not trying to put you down but the ref blew that one. That ref was in the back pocket all night. You know the one...He was on the McMinn sideline. The first called back touch down. Ask the McMinn player that tripped over a fallen Greenbrier Player if he was blocked in the back. That was sorry but I think we expexted it.

McMinn Central has a very good football team. Look at the record. They should be even better next year as long as they don't listen or read to what is said on these boards. They only lose 5 players.

Region 3, 3a has one big problem to overcome and that is the level of play in region 4, 3a.

Right now it is just a touch above what they face week in and week out.

(I will be blasted on that one.)

McMinn has a good QB......We have faced as good as or better.......Pearl Cohn......Station Camp.....White House...Sycamore...Macon....DeKalb

McMinn has a big line......We have faced as good as better??¦see list above

McMinn was on a mission.....So is everybody else.

McMinn has a personality conflict.... I'll have to get back with you on that one?????????

McMinn Central High school

Central High School of McMinn Co.

Central High School

Get a grip people. We don't know what to call you.

My point is that it was a great football game. To get on here and downgrade a team about how they played or how a young player may have acted toward a parent after a game is ridiculous.

I guess that is how two previous threads got closed.

Greenbrier fans you know better don't stoop to that level.

The flag at the end I will not comment on other than to say I am sorry that it will affect both players later on. That was sorry officiating.

Please keep it clean and to the point. GREAT GAME.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Painter-Painter-Painter sometimes in your coments I don't know which game you were watching. Both teams did play well but Greenbrier ran the ball well all night 120 yards, 159 total I would not say that is a good night also with only 8 first downs. and to correct you on Mcminn it is either Mcminn Central or just Central not just Mcminn because that is a different school. and as far the Refs ,they are sent in by TSSAA not called in by Central, and Greenbrier had 2 penalities for 15 yards. just admit that Central was better than what you expected.

"sometimes in your coments"

My Comments are few and far between...Sometimes?????

I didn't say the offense played superb.

I said we ran the ball well, Special teams, Excellent. But I just said well all night to include all touching of the football.

I will give credit to the McMinn Central, Central of McMinn, Central High Defense.

You don??™t have to tell me where the refs are from. I simply stated the ref was in his pocket all night. That means flag happy. Of all the flags thrown he probably threw 90%. He was the one on the McMinn Sideline.

Get out of the Hotdog line and watch the game

5yds- off sides

15 yds-questionable late hit on sidelines (that's the sideline McMinn Central, Central of McMinn, Central High sideline) The whistle was late also. Maybe we should throw the Gatorade on the ref when that happens.

Offensive facemask ???? that was declined because of fumble.

10 for block in the back

15 offsetting yards on the call at the end of the game

Other than two drives that McMinn Central, Central of McMinn, Central High scored on the Bobcats, Greenbrier controlled the field position all night. IMHO

I don't have to admit anything. I knew Central was a good football team. They won thier region. they had won 9 straight.

Now you admit that a Number 4 team from Region 4 beat your Number 1 region 3 team, period. No excuses. no what ifs. no our player is hurt. We lost players in the game last night too.

Where did you get your stats?

Sorry about the lower case earlier on your school name. Hard to remember all the names.

Front of stadium.....McMinn Central High

Front of Press Box.....Central High School

Score Board......Central Chargers

Website...McMinn Central High School

US Post Office... Mcminn Central High School

TSSAA Web Site....McMinn Central High School

Your principals letter on the web.. Central High School

As I posted last night, the argument that pursued on our previous board caused the thread to be shut down before most of the Greenbrier fans even got back home to post on their views of the game.

I'll answer a post that was given on the WH - Polk board from Volnation. To start with I'm not sure how many kids we dress on the football team, but yes it is a lot. There is MUCH pride in wearing a Bobcat uniform and if the boys sign up and do what is required of them (the heat/cold practices, two a days, weights, etc) I believe the boys are allowed to stay on the team. Whether they ever see a down is up to them or the coaches. So not there were no dads in uniform.

As for our numbers I think our school population runs between 850 - 875. We are a small one stop light town that takes serious community pride in our kids whether on the field or in the classroom.

As for knowing 5Sport, I don't know who he is. I think the message board had some "overzelous" Charger fans with a 9-1 record that made a lot of unrealistic big predictons and it started to irritate some fans of our program (admittedly me included), but last night's quarrel between yourself and 5Sport got a little over the top (thus our thread being shut down). I can't apologize for him if he meant what he said, but I believe he is a good hearted man that probably got carried away in the argument. Once words on here are quoted, it is something we can't take back. From what I've talked to him here, I truly believe he would not say the same thing today.

Hopefully we can let this game be yesterday and all move on. No hard feelings toward McMinn Central or the people there. You can say our boys were rude, but it may have spun off of the offsetting personal fouls that occurred at the end of the game. Everyone I spoke with from Central was nice to me, but that only consisted of the people in the concession stand and the one lady that wished us a safe trip home.

On that note, I talked to a friend that rode the bus this morning. I cracked up when I heard about the "sounds of Deliverance" playing in their head being taken by a bus driver who obviously had no brain. I heard they went to the back woods of McMinn County, got to the game a few minutes before kickoff, and then took another ride through Gallatin back and THEN got back on the interstate at Long Hollow. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It was the best story I've heard this week. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Except for the fact that Greenbrier is going to play White House. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As I posted last night, the argument that pursued on our previous board caused the thread to be shut down before most of the Greenbrier fans even got back home to post on their views of the game.

I'll answer a post that was given on the WH - Polk board from Volnation. To start with I'm not sure how many kids we dress on the football team, but yes it is a lot. There is MUCH pride in wearing a Bobcat uniform and if the boys sign up and do what is required of them (the heat/cold practices, two a days, weights, etc) I believe the boys are allowed to stay on the team. Whether they ever see a down is up to them or the coaches. So not there were no dads in uniform.

As for our numbers I think our school population runs between 850 - 875. We are a small one stop light town that takes serious community pride in our kids whether on the field or in the classroom.

As for knowing 5Sport, I don't know who he is. I think the message board had some "overzelous" Charger fans with a 9-1 record that made a lot of unrealistic big predictons and it started to irritate some fans of our program (admittedly me included), but last night's quarrel between yourself and 5Sport got a little over the top (thus our thread being shut down). I can't apologize for him if he meant what he said, but I believe he is a good hearted man that probably got carried away in the argument. Once words on here are quoted, it is something we can't take back. From what I've talked to him here, I truly believe he would not say the same thing today.

Hopefully we can let this game be yesterday and all move on. No hard feelings toward McMinn Central or the people there. You can say our boys were rude, but it may have spun off of the offsetting personal fouls that occurred at the end of the game. Everyone I spoke with from Central was nice to me, but that only consisted of the people in the concession stand and the one lady that wished us a safe trip home.

On that note, I talked to a friend that rode the bus this morning. I cracked up when I heard about the "sounds of Deliverance" playing in their head being taken by a bus driver who obviously had no brain. I heard they went to the back woods of McMinn County, got to the game a few minutes before kickoff, and then took another ride through Gallatin back and THEN got back on the interstate at Long Hollow. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It was the best story I've heard this week. Except for the fact that Greenbrier is going to play White House.

Greenbriar u r a man of integrity and oh MY you all do have a huge football team and i think that thread was shut down because of that sportdad (something or other). Our leader mr ryan slack the leader getting hurt really hurt us it was like our quarterback was lost we r a much better team than we displayed. last week slack had over 150 yrds himself rushing so yes with him out it hurt. i didnt' see the personal foul at the end of the game but my head was hanging so low i couldn't see that far. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> but i am very proud of our football program and what we have accomplished and i saw a lot of the smack talk earlier in the week but i think it was just friendly talk volnation is a teacher in our school system and a nice person as is smokey04 . the others i don't know. wish we could have won but i congratulate you and hope you the best as u face WH . seriously you didn't see our football team last night they didn't show up must've been some other guys in our uniforms /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> j/k. Hope the sportdaddy can find peace and not shut down any more threads.

Painter-Painter-Painter sometimes in your coments I don't know which game you were watching. Both teams did play well but Greenbrier ran the ball well all night 120 yards, 159 total I would not say that is a good night also with only 8 first downs. and to correct you on Mcminn it is either Mcminn Central or just Central not just Mcminn because that is a different school. and as far the Refs ,they are sent in by TSSAA not called in by Central, and Greenbrier had 2 penalities for 15 yards. just admit that Central was better than what you expected.

Chargers didn't play well at all, our quarterback was lost without our leader slack! i know slack is not the one that wins the ballgames for us but he is our leader and it was like the team was lost without his leadership on the field. Mcmmin are the Cherokees and we are Central Chargers. not hard for us but i guess for aliens it is a bit difficult. good luck and watch for us next year we will be back:) looking forward to it . whitehouse 46 Greenbriar 0, my prediction

Chargers didn't play well at all, our quarterback was lost without our leader slack! i know slack is not the one that wins the ballgames for us but he is our leader and it was like the team was lost without his leadership on the field. Mcmmin are the Cherokees and we are Central Chargers. not hard for us but i guess for aliens it is a bit difficult. good luck and watch for us next year we will be back:) looking forward to it . whitehouse 46 Greenbriar 0, my prediction

SLACK HAS A FRACTURED ANKLE ....INJURY HAPPENED IN 1ST QUARTER .....THERE'S WHERE YOU GOT YOUR WIN!

I don't post on here too much but I come on to read a lot. I for one would like to apologize to the MC fans for the posts of 5 Sport. Greenbrier fans don't posts like this and all it takes is for one jerk to give us a black eye. Like GCat, I don't know who he is but I hear that he's not from GB anyway. You won't hardly ever see posts like his in a Greenbrier thread and I've only ever seen 2 Bobcats threads closed and both times it was his fault. We all have our kooks. Just read past his junk and know that he doesn't represent what GB is like. Good luck to you guys. Last night was a fun game.

I don't post on here too much but I come on to read a lot. I for one would like to apologize to the MC fans for the posts of 5 Sport. Greenbrier fans don't posts like this and all it takes is for one jerk to give us a black eye. Like GCat, I don't know who he is but I hear that he's not from GB anyway. You won't hardly ever see posts like his in a Greenbrier thread and I've only ever seen 2 Bobcats threads closed and both times it was his fault. We all have our kooks. Just read past his junk and know that he doesn't represent what GB is like. Good luck to you guys. Last night was a fun game.

thank you so much for that post and it is nice to know that sportdaddy is not from GB , good luck to you guys!!

great job bobcats! you beat the best team in region 3! i wish yall the very best the rest of the playoffs...mcminn central will hit the weights this offseason and get bigger faster and stronger and hopefully we will meet again!!! i could tell GB has a 1st class program and my gosh a lot of football players!!! i hate that central had to leave this game with a bunch of what if's, but yall did what yall had to do to win, period. congrats

GO MCMINN CENTRAL CHARGERS!!!

2007 REGION 3-3A CHAMPIONS!!!!

On that note, I talked to a friend that rode the bus this morning. I cracked up when I heard about the "sounds of Deliverance" playing in their head being taken by a bus driver who obviously had no brain. I heard they went to the back woods of McMinn County, got to the game a few minutes before kickoff, and then took another ride through Gallatin back and THEN got back on the interstate at Long Hollow. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It was the best story I've heard this week. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Except for the fact that Greenbrier is going to play White House. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't get on here much and I'm not sure what was said last night either. My son is #10 for Central last night was the last game he will ever play for them. He did fracture an ankle first quarter and had to watch most of the game from side line. The reason I am posting is in response to the Greenbrier boys being rude.When the boys were shaking hands after the game #84 and the Ziggler kid both hugged my son and told him that it was a victory but it wasn't the same since he didn't play. Laddies and gentlemen that is first class I do not care who you are or where you are. For those two excellant athletes to say that at a time when my son was feeling so bad that was excellant and my hat off to your team ,coaches , school and community good luck with White House and once again thank from a proud Charger father.