Greenbrier 13 McMinn Central 10

painter

What a long trip to somewhere! The Bobcats did what it took to win. We have more than our share of injuries as well. We are playing with a beat up line as well, but that's how you win in the playoffs, you rely on your depth. We have some backups that could start if needed.

I agree with the penalty situation, it did seem pretty one sided, or maybe it was just because they were thrown every time we made a play. It's funny if you have a game tape to watch, there were some phantom calls. Oh well, you get some in your favor too I guess.

As far as this week goes, I for one know that Greenbrier was hoping for this match up again. It will be a slobber knocker.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Go Cats!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering how strong our region was and it was answered Friday night. Central (#1 in District) vs #4 Greenbrier and loses. Polk gets hammered and also the #2 team Howard gets hammered. Maybe it is me but I am thinking our district is very weak? Not to take away from some of Central's players (Slack,,ect...) but I just think our region and district are very weak and this proves my point.

I hope the best for GREENBRIER and wish them to go far.. I talked to few of the parents and they were very nice.

No doubt this region has a ways to go. Compared to the other 3a regions around us we are weak. Region 4 proved that friday night. Here's the bad thing, I don't think Region 4 can compete with the top dogs in region 2-3a.( Knox. catholic, fulton, Austin east, and Anderson Co. If we ever want to compete with these regions we have got to step it up a notch or two.

No doubt this region has a ways to go. Compared to the other 3a regions around us we are weak. Region 4 proved that friday night. Here's the bad thing, I don't think Region 4 can compete with the top dogs in region 2-3a.( Knox. catholic, fulton, Austin east, and Anderson Co. If we ever want to compete with these regions we have got to step it up a notch or two.

Region 3 is a notch below region 4 and two notches below region 2

What a long trip to somewhere! The Bobcats did what it took to win. We have more than our share of injuries as well. We are playing with a beat up line as well, but that's how you win in the playoffs, you rely on your depth. We have some backups that could start if needed.

I agree with the penalty situation, it did seem pretty one sided, or maybe it was just because they were thrown every time we made a play. It's funny if you have a game tape to watch, there were some phantom calls. Oh well, you get some in your favor too I guess.

As far as this week goes, I for one know that Greenbrier was hoping for this match up again. It will be a slobber knocker.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Go Cats!

Central: 5 penalities for 50 yards Greenbrier: 3 penalities for 30 yards. Please explain how this is one sided. Your first touchdown was called back on an OBVIOUS clip against #3 for Central. The facemask/fumble play after your long run, I will admit that was on the shady side. You guys have good team and I hope you do well.

Central: 5 penalities for 50 yards Greenbrier: 3 penalities for 30 yards. Please explain how this is one sided. Your first touchdown was called back on an OBVIOUS clip against #3 for Central. The facemask/fumble play after your long run, I will admit that was on the shady side. You guys have good team and I hope you do well.

I told you not having any discipline on the field would catch up with you sooner or later. Heard that's what killed you guys in the end. What was it 3 unsportsmanlike or personal fouls in a row? Oh well you guys had a great year anyway.

I am bewildered by what I have read on here. " Volnation" posted comments about the best team not winning, our "narley"(correct spelling, gnarley) "GreenbriAr men", and that our young men were rude and then said for us to go back to the woods. This person is supposed to be an educator, but uses profanity on-line. She also believes that it is all about her because, by golly if she (or her husband) wants to shake one of our players hands, he should stop eating and celebrating with his friends and family and acknowledge her. I am also appalled at the post where Cat Fan thinks that you may live in Greenbrier but "aint" from Greenbrier. GIVE ME A BREAK! 5-sportdad is a great man, husband and father. His wife is a beautifull person, inside and out (believe it, volnation). I read and re-read the thread that was shut down, and believe it had to be because of volnation's cursing and name calling. Never once did I see 5-sport stoop down to that level. He may have mocked volnation, but if you can't take it, DON'T dish it out! Good luck to the Greenbrier Bobcats next Friday, may the BEST team win, safely and fairly. God Bless them and the White House Blue Devils. WHEW, I am worn out.

I agree 100% with your opinions about 5-Sport Dad. He a good man, great father and a loyal Greenbrier fan. Nobody supports the Bobcats more than he does. I am not from Greenbrier, but know this man from the many sports his daughter plays. A very talented athlete. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I am bewildered by what I have read on here. " Volnation" posted comments about the best team not winning, our "narley"(correct spelling, gnarley) "GreenbriAr men", and that our young men were rude and then said for us to go back to the woods. This person is supposed to be an educator, but uses profanity on-line. She also believes that it is all about her because, by golly if she (or her husband) wants to shake one of our players hands, he should stop eating and celebrating with his friends and family and acknowledge her. I am also appalled at the post where Cat Fan thinks that you may live in Greenbrier but "aint" from Greenbrier. GIVE ME A BREAK! 5-sportdad is a great man, husband and father. His wife is a beautifull person, inside and out (believe it, volnation). I read and re-read the thread that was shut down, and believe it had to be because of volnation's cursing and name calling. Never once did I see 5-sport stoop down to that level. He may have mocked volnation, but if you can't take it, DON'T dish it out! Good luck to the Greenbrier Bobcats next Friday, may the BEST team win, safely and fairly. God Bless them and the White House Blue Devils. WHEW, I am worn out.

I was kinda surprised at the "not from here" statement too. Since WHEN do you have to be FROM a place to be FOR it? If that were the case all schools would have a lot less fans because people DO grow up and move sometimes.

My own father can't believe I root for a team other than my alma mater and neither can some of my former classmates BUT when I became a parent I became my children's fans and if they attend Greenbrier that is who I root for wholeheartedly without hesitation or reservation. So if living here for most of their school days doesn't make me "from here" then that's messed up.

And on another note, I spoke to someone today that knows 71 very well. They were telling me to get him to react in a negative manner must have been something, because that is not at all like him. From what I've seen he is a mild-mannered young man that loves this sport. I truly hope his teammates will find a way for him to play another game.

I was kinda surprised at the "not from here" statement too. Since WHEN do you have to be FROM a place to be FOR it? If that were the case all schools would have a lot less fans because people DO grow up and move sometimes.

My own father can't believe I root for a team other than my alma mater and neither can some of my former classmates BUT when I became a parent I became my children's fans and if they attend Greenbrier that is who I root for wholeheartedly without hesitation or reservation. So if living here for most of their school days doesn't make me "from here" then that's messed up.

And on another note, I spoke to someone today that knows 71 very well. They were telling me to get him to react in a negative manner must have been something, because that is not at all like him. From what I've seen he is a mild-mannered young man that loves this sport. I truly hope his teammates will find a way for him to play another game.

Really, off the subject, but those people aren't worth this reply...IMHO. Most are just jealous of our children and their accomplishments. Frankly, I wish they'd move. LOL!

Now, this is why I really even posted...about #71 >>>

It's just a dang shame. I've gotten to know him lately and he's a very nice young man. He is a friend of my daughter's and I rag him all the time, but everyone I've asked in the community says the same thing: Good kid! He's 'Mr. GHS,' for goodness sake! If he was such a jerk, I can assure you that the students wouldn't have voted him that honor...and Coach Williams and his staff wouldn't have him as a captain (I'm sure they have 'veto' power on that honor, as well). It's just a huge loss for our team and to him as a senior. I hate it.

I offered him a seat with us in the stands for this Friday night...you know, as a joke. My daughter said he thought that was funny...yesterday, but he wouldn't have thought so over the weekend. Time heals, Clint. So, hang in there. We love ya! God bless!

I told you not having any discipline on the field would catch up with you sooner or later. Heard that's what killed you guys in the end. What was it 3 unsportsmanlike or personal fouls in a row? Oh well you guys had a great year anyway.

There were personal fouls against both sides at the end but the game was decided by then. What killed Central was Walker and Watson were running at 4 to 5 yards a pop moving the sticks and all of a sudden we would try to throw on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down. It was sickening because EVERYBODY in the stands was all wondering "What are we doing?" We tried to hit the "homerun" instead of what has worked all year and got beat. Discipline had nothing to do with it.

J. Slack,

I am back,

First let me say that I am not the least bit happy about you getting on the Polk thread and running your mouth like your going to have a talk with me the next time you see me. Also bragging on the Central thread to volnation that "I owe Lanning a good talking to if ya know what I mean". Well, what do you mean? If you think you intimidate me by getting on this board and "calling me out" youre a bigger fool than I thought. I am not hiding behind my computer if so you wouldn't have known who I was. I have let my identity be known from the start. If YOU really wanted to go straight to the source as you said, you could have called me on the phone personally (the number is in the book) but you are the one that posted this so everyone could see it on this board and now people that don't even know me have the impression of someone I am not. They are judging me on what you said J. Slack and you do not even know me personally; you have said you knew me from playing softball. Lets see I played for thirteen years, nope sorry don't remember hitting it by you when you were pitching in a game or two at Delano or Athens. As for you having a talk with me, I think someone offered you my cell number last Thursday night at Central so you could be a real man as you say and call me but you replied "that is not what I really meant it sounded worse than what I intended". If you didn't mean it, you could have edited it or deleted it. However you then go to the Central thread and make your comment to volnation.

I have never said anything bad about your son! I spoke the truth and if you or him can't handle that then sorry. I did not say he was "run of the mill" so if your going to quote me get it right! I said "Slack is a great kid but kids with his ability are a dime a dozen all over the country" which is the truth. If that hurt his feelings I am sorry but having played college baseball and pro softball I can promise him that coach's at that level don't really care about hurting his feeling so my advice to him is grow a thicker skin or he will never make it in college. Another comment I made was a reply to some one talking about the camp in California that you sent Ryan too and I said, "those camps and showcases do not mean you're a Division 1 prospect, kids get those letters and if your parents are willing to pay the money then you get to go its all about making money" as an example when I coached baseball all I had to do is send a letter to a D1 school and say I had a kid that would benefit from their camp and guess what the kid would get a letter saying you have been personally invited to our baseball camp because your a prospect. In fact you should be prouder of the fact that he has a 3.65 GPA and a 27 on his ACT. That will get him further in life than his athletic ability.

The next thing you questioned was about the job I do and how I influence my students. J. SLACK you know nothing about what I do and how I deal with kids. I try to motivate and build character in every student. I want them to be good citizens that can contribute to society after they get out of school no matter if they go to college or join the workforce. As for our athletes I expect more from them than I do the others since they represent my school that is why I strongly believe in being a disciplinarian in the classroom and on the field. So keep your mouth closed about the job I do and how I influence kids because you are clueless!! I have never said anything on this board to hurt a kid and you will not find a post where I have done so.

As for your requesting an apology, I will not apologize for something I have not done. I am sorry to hear about your sons ankle. I wish him the best and congrats to him and Central on a great year!

Mr. Lanning

Ok,, what the heck is the about? AM I missing something? ?????????????

There were personal fouls against both sides at the end but the game was decided by then. What killed Central was Walker and Watson were running at 4 to 5 yards a pop moving the sticks and all of a sudden we would try to throw on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down. It was sickening because EVERYBODY in the stands was all wondering "What are we doing?" We tried to hit the "homerun" instead of what has worked all year and got beat. Discipline had nothing to do with it.

GB at midfield with 2 minutes left and you guys with 3 timeouts left, then 3 personal fouls in a row and now their inside the 10. If you hold them and make them punt you have a chance to tie or win. I hate to tell you but yes discipline had alot to do with it.