Morristown West at Sullivan South

pumpkinhead1989

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sry 4 the long time off but yes all of our guys will be back friday,yes they qb and wr is out for the rest of the year,we will just as good!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Would you try that again---somewhat confusing to me----you say "all of our guys will be back friday" but then you say "yes they??qb and wr is out for the rest of the year". Pls clarify!!!

The Rebs are taking one game at a time, good buddy. If I were you I'd worry about Friday night......not what South is going to do 2 weeks from now.

Funny you would make that good post right now heyhowsitgoing. My old buddy "chicken" over in VA who was on Survivor a while back just called and told me to share something with this board and the prophet who made that post. Chicken says old Coach Aesop back in 570 BC ( and we reckon that means BEFORE CURT) had a sayin he shared with his football team........................"Don't count your chickens before they hatch." Sounds like pretty good advice to me and you. Once dance at a time boys, one dance at a time.

I don't care if you beat South once. It was a bad game for a high powered South team. It won't happen again. I am one that looks at the whole picture. If you think the Devils will beat South again; you my friend are crazy. Just wait and see. I would love to bet you if you are so confident; just let me know. $100 bucks says South beats West then the Devils. Show me the money.

People on here don't realize what happens in football games. When Greeneville and South played, Greeneville lost 2 or 3 fumbles in their redzone. Had more turnovers then South. Like somebody has mentioned before, The water systems in Sullivan County must be contaminated!!!

Also, all of these MLC fans keep talking about how South killed everyone in there conference in the first half, right? What was the Greeneville-Sullivan East score at the half, 42-0, and the Devils took a knee on the East 15 yd line with more than 30 seconds to go. West beat Johnson County (a #3 seed) by 24 with 8 solid players missing for being in trouble. Go figure MLC, you guys are different!!!

P.S. Word of Advice for the Rebels, Don't get down by 21 on the Trojans, YOU WONT DIG YOUR WAY OUT OF THAT ONE!!!

Go Trojans!!!

After last weeks game and the injuries suffered by West, there is no doubt that this will be an uphill battle for the Trojans. We will miss both our starting QB and WR, but we do have players for both positions. Perhaps not as experienced, but athletically as gifted. The positive (from the West point of view) for this game is that South's strength will be going against West's strength--the ability to run vs the ability to stop the run. West's pass defense is passable and will stop most teams or at least make passing difficult, but our strength has been to stop the run. Luckily, this game is not played on paper or there would be no reason for West to show. South boasts an offense that has scored 464 total points (42.2/game) and a defense that has allowed 147 total points (13.4/game). With common opponents Greeneville (South Lost), Daniel Boone (South Won), Johnson County (South Won), and Morristown East (South Won); South has scored 149 total points (37.3/game) and allowed 73 points (18.3/game). There is no doubt that this is the most explosive offense West has faced this year.West has scored 267 total points (24.3/game) and allowed 170 points (15.5/game). Against the common opponents, with the same wins and losses by the way, West has scored 96 points (24/game) and allowed 51 (12.3/game). I believe this is one of the best defenses South has faced this year.If West's offense can move the ball with the necessary changes that have been made and keeps South's offense off the field West will win this game. However, if the offense if ineffective; allows South to win the field position and time game, West will lose. The dynamics of this game are no different for West than any other game we have played this year. The defense can play with South provided South is not given a short field or the ball (anymore than necessary).Overall, I see a tough fought game. I am pulling and predicting a West win, but know that South is explosive and can very well win this game.

If South and Greeneville both win. Where will the game be played?

According to the bracket SS will be home.

After last weeks game and the injuries suffered by West, there is no doubt that this will be an uphill battle for the Trojans. We will miss both our starting QB and WR, but we do have players for both positions. Perhaps not as experienced, but athletically as gifted.

Could you provide the names of the hurt QB and WR?

Would you provide some infomation on the new QB, name, grade, ht. wt, speed, how much he's played, strengths, etc.? I've sometimes wondered how an area, Morristown, with two teams can have as much talent as both East and West have--and this situation intriques me even more--------Question---having split the talent pool for QB already between 2 schools, how can you replace an injured QB???

This is the type thing they write movies about!!!! The boy has a great opportunity!!

I want South to win, Yes I really, really do---------but can't help but hope good things for this kid, if this kid is really being thrown into the fray, as it seems, inexperienced. Am I wrong in assuming that???

What's the story here??