Morristown West at Sullivan South

pumpkinhead1989

This thread ain't no fun! You West people don't talk near as much smack as the East people did. Guess that's cause you have more class. Good luck to the Rebs and let's hope for an injury free game. But, West fans, we welcome a little jawin if you ain't skeared! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Rebs 35 Trojans 20.

South-41

M. West-21

I'm glad you think their fans have class because the M. West players DO NOT have any!!!

4 unsportsman penalties in the 4th quarter all against West after the was basically over, and should have been more.

What a shame for their program. Great job REBELS!!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...is it true that one of the players punched Curt and gave him a bruised ######?

Or did someone have too much fun making that up? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Gosh, Perkins...I should have asked him, he was sitting behind me. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Anyway...

I think South doesn't just run its mouth...it runs Curt Phillips and Taylor Fletcher too.

haha. Of course...we pass a little bit too.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

In our past confrontations, be it scrimmage or game, I have always been impressed with MoWest's sportsmanship. Ditto for their fans on CoachT. Well not tonight. The banner on the fence near the end zone was pretty bad. We would never let our people step to that level. MoWest, you made yourselves look cheap. I need to know the number(s) of the player(s) that was (were) guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct tonight. One tried to (purposefully) hurt Curt in a stupid way. The other pulled a Marcus Vick move on Taylor Fletcher stomping on and kicking his knee resulting in yet another unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. 4 of them. Someone almost got hurt...not sure of the status of Fletchers knee. Poor officiating in regard to letting a time bomb remain on the field. Shame on coach Woods for not addressing the matter but instead letting it happen again.

My assessment of MoWest. They did not come ready to play. They were keying on Fletcher and that left Curt to do as he pleased. They made no adjustments. Fletcher got nothing up the gut but found success on the wide lanes. After he discovered the weakness he never got the chance to exploit that avenue again. I think MoEast, 'Boone, Greenville, and yes Volunteer were clearly superior to the team South played tonight.

Curt was unstoppable.

Houston Martin could not catch a cold the last 2 weeks. BUT tonight he was on fire! Right on the finger tips...just where Curt likes to put it. Awesome. Offensive player of the week. Good job blocking in the backfield #15. It's all about the team.

Somebody's got to do something about the D. Arm tackling don't cut it. Making a tackle 7 yrds deep...shameful. The D will either step it up or we turn in our gear. Can someone please put #2 on D. It's not what D we are running even though I am not an advocate of the 5 man front, but it's just not being executed. Put Collins back in the middle for Pete's sake.

Great job Rebs!! way to go, you all earned it and played hard for the victory. Mo. West I myself was dissappointed at the unsportsmanlike calls at the end of the game, and the sign was not very classy, I will have to agree with the rest of the people, Thanks for the apology from the Trojan fan that posted a little earlier, that is the class from Mo. West that we are used too, hats off to a good season for the Trojans, and wish you all the best of luck next year!!!

Keep on rollin Rebs, next up are those green devils, bear down and buck it up fellas, and lets play some FOOTBALL!!!

ROLLIN, ROLLIN ROLLIN!!!!

oh and guys, those signs are designed by the cheerleaders. the slogan and all. if that helps.but the penaltys, that was the football team.HAHAHA, and jeff is a class act? i believe we have both had our years right?

In comparison to West we have a team full of choir boys, this is A-typical behavior for West dating back to the late 90's when Coach Woods took over. This is not the 1st crude sign West has put out there, this is not the 1st game West players have turned into sore losers at the end of games, this is not the 1st time West has committed personal fouls over and over in a game, this happens just about every year.

what about 03? running on the field, tearing down our signs. starting fights (and yes that was both pee wee's and scooters fault)

jeff has had its problems as well. as for your new coach and team, your right i know nothing about them.

#1 there was no fight, #2 we didn`t start any of it, #3 its was ALL Pee Wee's fault ,coming to the defense of a teamate is not starting a fight(which the TSSAA agreed with btw. Tearing down signs on our side of the field after a game?????? Is that the best you have, if so thats really weak. So you have 1 year of players coming onto the field and and tearing down signs at the end of games, while on the other side there is darn near 10 years of completely classes behavior?

Shall we do some review just off the top of my head?

2007-Coach Woods refusing to shake hands with Coach Anderson after the game

2006- 4 personal foul penalties, West flashes a banner to the Jeff County side stating "Hey Eu, thanks for Rabbit" held by Morristown West freshman players.

2004- Mo West player hits a William Blount player below the belt sparking a schuffle between the 2 teams, said player gets on this site and brags about what he did.

2003- Morristown West thug attacks Jeff County QB after taking a knee resulting in the expulsion and the suspension of two Jeff County players.

2002-several shuffles result as a result of late hits and trash talking by Mo West players in both games against Greenville. I believe several players were ejected from both teams that year.

If we interviewed any other school that plays Mo West on a regular basis this list would go on and on