Sequoyah Football

warchief

AHH, the sound of football finally arrived today!!! I thought the Corvette kid had a good practice, notice some new tallent to the field, thought that J. Black showed hes got some skills, but hes gotta knock the rust off. Notice some kids missing in action (maybe due to other sports)? Thoughts from anyone else?

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHH, the sound of football finally arrived today!!! I thought the Corvette kid had a good practice, notice some new tallent to the field, thought that J. Black showed hes got some skills, but hes gotta knock the rust off. Notice some kids missing in action (maybe due to other sports)? Thoughts from anyone else?

Yes,

It was good to see the guys back on the field. The practice was ran very effective. Good job coaches! There was no wasted time! A lot of fundimental work and teaching going on!!! I am looking forward to see them get into the more phyiscal part! Which will probably come later in the week. Good technique will make us a better team! I thought J. Thompson also had a good practice. J. Black will continue to get better. I think he will really help on the offensive side of the ball. We will get a chance to see that today! I was proud to see T. Helms back on the field after last seasons terrible injury. Keep up the hard work!!!! Go Chiefs!!

Did anyone see the article by Coach Tim Daniels(formerly at Loudon,now at Red Bank)? He proposed no spring practice, then doing away with the dead period in the summer. Sounds interesting and a lot different than what we have always known here. He has experienced it both ways, and says the way he proposes is much better. The article is in the Chattanooga paper and also posted on coacht in another area. Check it out and see what you think. Seems like an interesting new approach. I'm not sure which I would prefer at this point. Summer is typically vacation time, and we lose enough family time through the year anyway. My opinion, with a young team, now fits best. what are your thoughts?

Did anyone see the article by Coach Tim Daniels(formerly at Loudon,now at Red Bank)? He proposed no spring practice, then doing away with the dead period in the summer. Sounds interesting and a lot different than what we have always known here. He has experienced it both ways, and says the way he proposes is much better. The article is in the Chattanooga paper and also posted on coacht in another area. Check it out and see what you think. Seems like an interesting new approach. I'm not sure which I would prefer at this point. Summer is typically vacation time, and we lose enough family time through the year anyway. My opinion, with a young team, now fits best. what are your thoughts?

Well as a fan, I love spring practice, cant wait till I see football kinda of attitude. It gives you some insight on the up and coming season, things to talk about. But as a coach, I could see the advantages and disadvantages of eliminating spring practice, overall I would have to choose to have spring practice just simply i would know what problem areas to work on. Its hard to get people out of their paradyme, not so sure this would pass in any kind of vote, but would be curious to see both ways at least once.

Like the newcombers, dissapointed in some of the players who decided to give it up, Let ya know more on the 13th. GO CHIEFS!!!

Is it true we lost 3 linemen this week? It is my understanding they quit. 2 seniors and 1 Jr. This has got to hurt the depth and I think it will really show up in practice. It will make it harder to get a "good look" in practice. Don't get discouraged Chiefs keep working hard!!!!

Tell me about the scrimmage guys. Hate that i did'nt get to go, my youngest one had a ball game. From what i heard the Chiefs played well last night. I was told it was 4 to 4 with the 1st teams going and it was 1 to 0 in the Chiefs favor with the J.V.'s. Is this about right? Also heard we ran the ball real well. Give me some details on what you guys thought. GO CHIEFS!!!

Tell me about the scrimmage guys. Hate that i did'nt get to go, my youngest one had a ball game. From what i heard the Chiefs played well last night. I was told it was 4 to 4 with the 1st teams going and it was 1 to 0 in the Chiefs favor with the J.V.'s. Is this about right? Also heard we ran the ball real well. Give me some details on what you guys thought. GO CHIEFS!!!

It was a very good outing for us. I think the score was Varsity 4 TD's to thier 3. With the 2nd groups each scoring TD's. I could be wrong but I do know Rhea Co',s 3rd TD came with several subs in on Defense for us. The Offense looked sharp! The defense still has some work to do but didn't look bad at all. The only time we were stopped on Offense we stopped ourself. Turnovers weren't too bad, I think we had 2 fumbles 1 inside the 3 yard line and 1 pic. I know one turnover is bad enough but for the spring I didn't think it was too bad. Our passing game looked better. We dropped at least 1 TD pass and we had a few other drops. Soften up those hands guys. The key to this season will be if we can stay healthy. At this point we don't have alot of depth at certain positions. I think everyone at the game left with a smile on thier face except maybe for the Sweetwater coaches that were present. hehehe Looking forward to the REd/White Game on Friday. Keep working hard guys!

Go CHIEFS !!!