3 aaa

orangecrush08

Farragut lost at least four starters from last year's team, including Akers and Ounsic (sp?). Clinton may be better, but they will have to show me something. Powell, on the other hand, had a nice win at Bradley Central last night 58-42 in a game that was not close.

they are playing great competition in the tournement they are in this week... they played a very very good ronoake christian academy ... one of the better teams in vriginia i think

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are playing great competition in the tournement they are in this week... they played a very very good ronoake christian academy ... one of the better teams in vriginia i think

Farragut did lose 4 starters, but returned a strong core of contributors from last season. Powell's win over Bradley Central is impressive in that BC has been a perrennial state contender. Bradley did lose a ton in Oglesby and Dodd(about 45 points a game) from last year. Roanoke Catholic is an excellent team. They were at the Milligan College team camp this summer....

Farragut did lose 4 starters, but returned a strong core of contributors from last season. Powell's win over Bradley Central is impressive in that BC has been a perrennial state contender. Bradley did lose a ton in Oglesby and Dodd(about 45 points a game) from last year. Roanoke Catholic is an excellent team. They were at the Milligan College team camp this summer....

thats it roanoke catholic... yes that was it thanks for the correction

Oak Ridge

Clinton

Powell

Central

Karns

Halls

West

Campbell Co.

Look for a log jam in the Middle 3-6. Clinton and O.R. will be in a battle for the 1 and 2 spot. Powell and Halls lost a lot. Central will be better IF players will respond to new coach. Karns is great on offense but defense is always suspect. Not really sure about West and C.C.. West will have some good athletes but can the Coaching staff get them together. Could be as High as 3 or as low as 8 New Coach at C.C. time will tell.

After looking at the scores over the past week. A few adjustment are in order.

1. O.R. If they played up to their capabilities they will go undefeated in regular season district play.

2-a. Powell Better than I thought after losing alot of talent. Seymore has been scoring at will put 29 on Fulton in a close defeat.

2-b. Clinton

4. Karns Always good on offense. If they defend any they will have to be dealt with.

5. C.C. Have heard a lot of good things out of La Follette.

6. Halls they lack guard play and their best player is hurt.

7-a. West They have been getting beat badly by the teams they have played.

7-b. Central After watching them play at the Chop House tournament things don't look good in Bobcat land. They are young and the talent level is average at best.

After one game:

Oak Ridge (1-0) Beat West by a very large margin

Powell (1-0) Struggled early against Campbell County, then won by 25

Clinton (1-0) Won at home in overtime over Central

Karns (1-0) Narrowly beat Halls.

Halls (0-1)

Campbell County (0-1)

Central (0-1)

West (0-1)

After one game:

Oak Ridge (1-0) Beat West by a very large margin

Powell (1-0) Struggled early against Campbell County, then won by 25

Clinton (1-0) Won at home in overtime over Central

Karns (1-0) Narrowly beat Halls.

Halls (0-1)

Campbell County (0-1)

Central (0-1)

West (0-1)

oak ridge is hands down the best baskeball team in the state... they have so much depth and skill at every posistion ... book your hotels for the boro now

oak ridge is hands down the best baskeball team in the state... they have so much depth and skill at every posistion ... book your hotels for the boro now

Why? Because they beat up on a mediocre Clinton team. Not so fast. Oak Ridge is very good, but let's see what happens when they play a team with good guards that plays a little zone. These guys have not exactly come up big come Region Tournament the past few years.

Why? Because they beat up on a mediocre Clinton team. Not so fast. Oak Ridge is very good, but let's see what happens when they play a team with good guards that plays a little zone. These guys have not exactly come up big come Region Tournament the past few years.

if you are talkin about the past few years, then u must have past by the trip to state 2 years ago. oak ridge is tough this year and have proven themselves against some good teams well at least a good Ensworth team. You cant throw anything out there yet though...all depends on how teams are playing come playoff time.

if you are talkin about the past few years, then u must have past by the trip to state 2 years ago. oak ridge is tough this year and have proven themselves against some good teams well at least a good Ensworth team. You cant throw anything out there yet though...all depends on how teams are playing come playoff time.

Oak Ridge went to State three years ago. Two years ago, they lost in the Region Semifinals to a Powell team that was smoking hot at the time and last year they lost in the first round of the Region to the eventual state champion, Maryville. Truth be known, they were a little bit unlucky. Stephens got sick during the district tournament and was a shell of himself. It probably cost Oak Ridge the district semis against Karns and the consolation game against Powell. Oak Ridge entered the district tourney as the one seed and finished fourth.

All in all, Ricky does an outstanding job over there. I have no doubt that they will be right in the mix this year to go to State.