Sequatchie County

5wide

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Sequatchie on finding the right guy to bring Sequatchie back to the dominant team in the valley.

On another note, Wardog, the Coffee County job is open. I wish you or your brother would look into it. I think either one of you guys could fit into what Coach Price has left behind really well. Theyve built some really nice facilities. Look into it.

i'm suprised that there is not more talk about this job opening.....Sequatchie County has ....what i think is the best sporting facilitys in the valley...and as good as any 2a schools in Chattanooga....TRUE 2a...Dunlap is a town that is growing and i just can't see why coachs wouldn't be more than happy to come in and rebuild this program. face it....they have nowhere to go but up....one win in the last two years......not hard to improve on that.....good luck SC....hope you find your man.... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

jhoutsider, the tough thing for a Sequatchie, Marion, Grundy or any of the valley schools when hiring a coach is pay. These schools have great football tradition,Sequatchie has wonderful facilities, and the valley is a great place to live but it is hard for a head coach to make the move for a pay cut. When you are looking for the next step you usually want your move to be up, meaning better pay and such, I feel that Sequatchie's next head coach will be a HC from a rural area similar to Sequatchie or an assist looking to become HC. This is not a knock on Sequatchie or the valley schools at all, believe me there are many wonderful advantages to coaching in a rural setting like team support, community and parental support along with student excitement for the team, that is lacking in an urban setting. At the end of the day though coaches must think of their families and provide for them the best they can and when you are looking thousands of dollars in lost pay it is tough to change. Just my opinion!!

Does anyone have anymore info on this?

I don't like rumors whether its true or not I don't know and truthfully I think SCHS can do better but I don't think anything will be known until something official is released and that will probably be awhile.

I did talk to someone who will likely be part of the decision making and was told there are (30) or so applications as was reported in the TFP and that there are some good ones in the bunch and was told "that it might surprise you if you knew".

So lets wait and see from everything I have heard we should start hearing something by the end of January.

Well i will take them today lets do what we can to get them here if they are interested.I went to the Red Bank game two years ago with my roommate to watch them play and if not for a late fumble they would have won that game with a team way less talented and seem to always make the playoffs so they must be doing something right.Idid not mean to start a rumor someone at the school told me they had visited the school and talked with the powers to be and i ask if anyone had heard anything.