Science Hill: What will happen? (off-season thread)

FTBMAN

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I've read through all the posts and I don't see many of the 'Topper faithful here. Sometimes an outsiders point of view is helpful and sometimes it is salt on the wound. For what it is worth here is a view from the South Side.

There were some obvious questions. Your choice for QB. Your choice of offense given the potential of Aaron Trent and Solomon in the backfield. With a D like you had you should have been a contender. Your conditioning was a disaster and you had few people going both ways. But the most destructive force I saw detrimental to Science Hill's football program was something displayed at the Morristown East scrimmage in August. And this I believe to be the 'Topper's #1 problem. Bad parent attitude. The words I heard coming out of the parents mouths lined up against the fence where all players and coaches could hear was astounding. It is a difficult thing for a coach to overcome. And makes it virtually impossible to motivate a young man on the field and then send him home to have it all torn down by negative reinforcement. It will take a heck of a power figure to enable a young man the guts to overcome such home cooking. That is the cancer that until SS deals with successfully will prevent any and all progress.

Good Luck 'Toppers. It takes all three...Coaches, Athletes, and PARENTS!

I've read through all the posts and I don't see many of the 'Topper faithful here. Sometimes an outsiders point of view is helpful and sometimes it is salt on the wound. For what it is worth here is a view from the South Side.

There were some obvious questions. Your choice for QB. Your choice of offense given the potential of Aaron Trent and Solomon in the backfield. With a D like you had you should have been a contender. Your conditioning was a disaster and you had few people going both ways. But the most destructive force I saw detrimental to Science Hill's football program was something displayed at the Morristown East scrimmage in August. And this I believe to be the 'Topper's #1 problem. Bad parent attitude. The words I heard coming out of the parents mouths lined up against the fence where all players and coaches could hear was astounding. It is a difficult thing for a coach to overcome. And makes it virtually impossible to motivate a young man on the field and then send him home to have it all torn down by negative reinforcement. It will take a heck of a power figure to enable a young man the guts to overcome such home cooking. That is the cancer that until SS deals with successfully will prevent any and all progress.

that what i have been saying for a long time parents if you do not trust the coach then you should keep your son at home. now do I think coach smith done some things that was questionable i do. but for parents do go home at night and blast the coach it is not good for the player, the coach or the team. In the end I believe every coach puts players on the field that will give him and the team the best chance to win to leave a good player on the bench in the end will cost him his job. So I agree with compusatman it takes all three to win. One more thing before I quite rambling another question must be ask is coach smith the right coach for science hill sometimes things just dont fit right the coach and the community must ask itself this question. If the amswer from both parties is yes then get behind the coach 100% and lets win some ball games.

That is a very good post.

• 4 weeks later...

As I once heard a single A state championship coach say after winning the state title with a stacked team..........."Those public school coaches just need to work harder".

Shotgun5wide........maybe stay off this board.......and work harder? Its just an idea.

I cant tell you this.........there is a reason batmanisatreehugger is not coaching in Middle TN any longer.......now you Scientologist up on the hill have found that out.

• 1 month later...