Spring Hill Job Still Not Posted

66in74

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spring Hill does not have a last period or block for athletics. If a player plays 2 sports then they wouldn't have enough credits to graduate. Here's how it all works out. You must have 26 credits to graduate. You earn 4 credits (1 each block per semester) or 8 per year. If a player plays two sports or practiced athletics all year in 4th block, then they would only earn 6 per year x 4 years only equals 24 credits. SH wants their students to have the opportunity to play more than 1 sport. It's not just about football. Don't forget about the other sports including girls' sports.

I think Coach Oskins is a manager at a Lowes, he is not a teacher. He found out that Cox wasnt gonna have a program and he put in for the job. I guess you are right about the certificate. I just think he would be a great fix former SH Raider and he still does play football for two area Semi-Pro FB teams.

Coach Herzog is the DC at Page, He also was the DC at Hillsboro and Ravenwood which won three State championships in six years. He coached at SH in 95-96 and was the DC and had a very physical defense. He is a football genius.

Herzog was not the DC at Ravenwood--coached DB's.

Who are all the individuals that are interviewing for the position? I heard that 2 were from Clarksville. Who all is in the interviewing process, and what job will be available. What type of head coach does the community want. Young or Old? Charasmitic or Stern? Are the assistant head coaches staying, or does the new head coach have the opportunity to rehire and interview whomever they want.

Spring Hill does not have a last period or block for athletics. If a player plays 2 sports then they wouldn't have enough credits to graduate. Here's how it all works out. You must have 26 credits to graduate. You earn 4 credits (1 each block per semester) or 8 per year. If a player plays two sports or practiced athletics all year in 4th block, then they would only earn 6 per year x 4 years only equals 24 credits. SH wants their students to have the opportunity to play more than 1 sport. It's not just about football. Don't forget about the other sports including girls' sports.

What if during the 2nd half of the year you had a PE (weight lifting credit) then that would mean 7 credits per year which would equal 28 credit opportunities to get the 26 needed for graduation. This could work for all athletics (boys and girls). Not only would this give student/athletes time off in the afternoon for homework it would give them a chance for a part-time job. It would also meet the new physical activity requirement per week for students mandated by the state. If by chance a student failed 3 classes during their HS career, then Maury Co. has a very good credit recovery program that could be utlitized for make-up. Just a thought!

Word is Coach Mac from Kenwood and Coach Southerland from Northeast have applied out of Clarksville. Both seem like nice guys that care about the student athletes, and both seem to be good men. What about the gentleman from Page? Is he applying? Who else are applying, and when does the interveiwing process begin?

Well if Oskins cant be the Head Coach they need to Hire him as a Strength Coach, I saw him at a YMCA and NO Joke he repped out 315lb 26 times. I talked to him and he told me that he repped out 225lb 48 times at a recent combine.

I also heard from a Cox parent that Oskins aint going back to coaching cause the Principal and AD promised to pay him at the begining of the season and they didnt come through at the end. Maybe thats why these kids cant stay consistant, the coaches keep on getting screwed over. If I was him Id take it to court, the papers, everthwhere. The man turned a 1-6 team into a 5-2 team with a Conference Championship. Not to add they averaged about 36 points a game.

Doog

What if during the 2nd half of the year you had a PE (weight lifting credit) then that would mean 7 credits per year which would equal 28 credit opportunities to get the 26 needed for graduation. This could work for all athletics (boys and girls). Not only would this give student/athletes time off in the afternoon for homework it would give them a chance for a part-time job. It would also meet the new physical activity requirement per week for students mandated by the state. If by chance a student failed 3 classes during their HS career, then Maury Co. has a very good credit recovery program that could be utlitized for make-up. Just a thought!

They used to do something similiar to that and it got the players a 1/2 credit per year x 4 years = 2 credits which would give the 26 needed to graduate. Then the Director of Schools informed the school that a law went into effect several years ago that prohibited that.

Since we're on a semester system (only 2 during the year) the two sport athlete would still miss out if 4th block athletics was still operating. For example: Start of school through football is 1st semester. Then baseball is in the second. Basketball actually falls in 1st and 2nd.

I know alot of schools get the PE credit thing by doing this, but they are supposed to open it up to all students not just student/athletes, but they get around that somehow. Columbia Central does this I think and they are in Maury County also. I've also heard Mt. Pleasant does as well.

Heard last night the school had received approximately 25 resumes for the job. 12 or so who had PE certification.

6 had actually filed the application.

Coach Scharsch from Eagleville is one, a guy from Alabama who had an impressive record with some championships I think and I'm not sure who else. Hopefully someone will be in place when the players come back from Christmas break.