Goodpasture to Host Hickman County

easyreader

I don't mean to pick on this poster, just use as an example. All these GP posters and Metro school posters are gettin on here and trashing HC when not a one of them know anything about us. Do your homework, then if u still feel like we are nothing and trash and don't have a chance Friday night then trash us. All these outlandish score predictions are based on nothing but a bunch of Private School Mammas boys with no facts talkin trash. Truth be known these same group of boys have played much better schools in there 4 yrs at HC than anything you can brag about try a schedule that includes Maplewood, Tullahoma, Hillsboro, OVerton and I could go on...A previous poster listed about 7 players for us to look out for and what he don't understand we are used to playing teams with 18 of those players we might not have won many of those games, but we were not scared of them then or you now. Bring your best game Friday night you will need it....Or This Team With NO Chance will be moving on and U left to wonder what just happened!!!!

Hey HCOlinedad, let's talk, dad to dad (Soccerdad). I've always tried maintain a positive, informed, and encouraging presence on these boards. I don't post a ton, but i've been active since 2003. I really don't see what you are talking about on this subject. I don't see people "trashing" Hickman Co., especially Goodpasture folks. The posters have generally been pretty civil and decent.

Yes, there are posters who have some wild ideas about scores - but this is not their attempt to belittle Hickman Co. - they just like to talk big. The posters who pick Goodpasture are a mixed bag - from a variety of schools and not all are "Hickman haters" they're just folks with different loyalties and opinions. The points spread that 7 posters put up range from +10 to +28. These are not blowout numbers. 5 of the 7 posters think Goodpasture wiil win by less than 3 touchdowns.

Personally, I think it will be very close. I've done my homework. If you look at my previous posts, you'll see that I am very impressed by Hickman Co. I also know who you've played in the past and the same for Goodpasture. What I see is two quality programs going into a big game with no clear winner. Sure, I'd love to see the Cougar Express roll on down to the 'Boro, but there's a whole lot of football that must be played before then.

Dad, please realize that these posters and the voters on CoachT's "Big Ones" are simply giving their opinion. Anybody close to the two teams knows it will not the "cakewalk".

My hopes and prayers are with both teams and their fans for a good game, a safe game, a safe trip, and may the best team win! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cougar,

You can find a HC roster on www.tennessean.com. Go to sports, then high schools and choose Hickman. This is my 1st post but I am an avid reader of this forum. I get a kick out of the "trash talking". I am rooting for HC, this is a 1st for our county and has done a lot to improve the morale of our high school. I am not about to predict a score...

P.S. Your posts are some of my favorite.

Stuff

Hey HCOlinedad, let's talk, dad to dad (Soccerdad). I've always tried maintain a positive, informed, and encouraging presence on these boards. I don't post a ton, but i've been active since 2003. I really don't see what you are talking about on this subject. I don't see people "trashing" Hickman Co., especially Goodpasture folks. The posters have generally been pretty civil and decent.

Yes, there are posters who have some wild ideas about scores - but this is not their attempt to belittle Hickman Co. - they just like to talk big. The posters who pick Goodpasture are a mixed bag - from a variety of schools and not all are "Hickman haters" they're just folks with different loyalties and opinions. The points spread that 7 posters put up range from +10 to +28. These are not blowout numbers. 5 of the 7 posters think Goodpasture wiil win by less than 3 touchdowns.

Personally, I think it will be very close. I've done my homework. If you look at my previous posts, you'll see that I am very impressed by Hickman Co. I also know who you've played in the past and the same for Goodpasture. What I see is two quality programs going into a big game with no clear winner. Sure, I'd love to see the Cougar Express roll on down to the 'Boro, but there's a whole lot of football that must be played before then.

Dad, please realize that these posters and the voters on CoachT's "Big Ones" are simply giving their opinion. Anybody close to the two teams knows it will not the "cakewalk".

My hopes and prayers are with both teams and their fans for a good game, a safe game, a safe trip, and may the best team win! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Very good and honest post you are one of the few who have done there homework on this subject. Keep up the good posts.

Cougar,

You can find a HC roster on www.tennessean.com. Go to sports, then high schools and choose Hickman. This is my 1st post but I am an avid reader of this forum. I get a kick out of the "trash talking". I am rooting for HC, this is a 1st for our county and has done a lot to improve the morale of our high school. I am not about to predict a score...

Stuff

Hey Stuff, welcome to CoachT! Don't you just love this time of year? The smell of hamburgers cooking at the concession stand, the shrill cheers of the cheergirls, the crunch and pop of hard hits on the field, the cool nights, and the yells of the crazy fans! Man, nothing like football playoffs and fall!!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks soccerdad,

Yes I LOVE it!! I have read this forum for some time, but just joined and posted. I do enjoy this time of year. You may can help me...does GP have a very big stadium? Lewis County has a very small stadium. Their home bleachers are the size of our visitor's bleachers and the first time we played them, fans were standing around the field about 6 deep! I am planning to go to GP and was just curious. Thanks in advance for your help!

Stuff

Thanks soccerdad,

Yes I LOVE it!! I have read this forum for some time, but just joined and posted. I do enjoy this time of year. You may can help me...does GP have a very big stadium? I did not go to Lewis County (playoff)

because their's is so small. Their home bleachers are the size of our visitor's bleachers and the first time we played them, fans were standing around the field about 6 deep! I did listen on the radio, though. I am planning to go to GP and was just curious. Thanks in advance for your help!

Stuff

Well, I think Goodpasture has about 350-400 on the visitors side. And maybe 800 on the home side. Don't know for sure. Just remember Coffee Co. or somebody bringing 115 band members to a game here and they took up less than 1/3 of the visitors side. Stuff, you could sit on the other side if you need to, there'll be room because the Goodpasture has the entire week off, for Thanksgiving, and many are travelling to be with family. I wish I could be there!! Have to listen to the Internet broadcast. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Good post soccerdad. Each week we get a lot of trash talk.Winning programs get that.I thought Camden had class last week.Goodpasture can't win every game ,Dont play good in every game {last week an example}. but if they dont think the Cougars will be ready friday nite and base there game plan on the performance last week.Then all i can say is Its going to be a long nite for the visitors .Good luck to both teams Im sure HC has a good team or they wouldn't be in the playoffs. Im interested in seeing just how good they are. maybe they are a powerhouse then PROVE IT ON THE FIELD.

I would like to personally welcome the HC fans and players to Goodpasture.

If you have made it down to the final 8 you should be good no matter what your

record is. GP and HC have made it and it should be a great game without any

excuses from either side.

I don't think Goodpasture has ever played Hickman County so I am really looking

forward to watching this one. Saw Lewis County for the first time last year at about

this same time.

You will not hear these Cougar players do any trash talking. They let their play on

the field do all of their talking. Just beat a good Camden team that I thought was

very solid. I am sure Hickman County is good too especially after upsetting

Lewis County last week on the road. Hard to do that in the playoffs. Congrats and

the Cougars look forward to seeing this Hickman County team play this week.

We do have an average size for the visitors bleachers. Do not know too many teams

throughout the state that have a large visitor side. Everyone have a really safe drive

coming up to Goodpasture and I hope no player on either side gets injured.

Looking forward to this game.

Good Luck.

Go Cougars!

Cougar,

Stuff

Thanks, I did not know the tennessean had all that info on their site.

Bulldogs you will be well received by the cougar nation as long as you act with class and respect with them. They will make you fell very welcome. Make sure you tak a look at some of the facilities they have. I congratulate you on a fine season, but unless you can stop 6-7 different atheletes that can score at any given time then it will be a long night. I know you think you will be a lot more physical than them, but remember they would not be here year in and year out if they did not play somewhat of a physical game as well.

FOr all of the bulldogs that want respect. This is a game that you get it. Play the pants off of the cougars and you will get that respect.

Bulldogs you will be well received by the cougar nation as long as you act with class and respect with them. They will make you fell very welcome. Make sure you tak a look at some of the facilities they have. I congratulate you on a fine season, but unless you can stop 6-7 different atheletes that can score at any given time then it will be a long night. I know you think you will be a lot more physical than them, but remember they would not be here year in and year out if they did not play somewhat of a physical game as well.

FOr all of the bulldogs that want respect. This is a game that you get it. Play the pants off of the cougars and you will get that respect.

They've got my respect. Any team that went through the seasons they've had and turn it around to be one of the final eight in the state doesn't need to prove anything else to me. Go Bulldogs!