Goodpasture to Host Hickman County

easyreader

Here we go again with Gerry "tough schedule" Bertier. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Dad told you last week that HC would win. . Dad is telling you that HC will beat GP. Let me explain.... You see men, HC is not the same style of football that Camden or Lewis Co.plays. They are going to go right at GP with a smashmouth style reminisent of the early age of football. A style that was forged over many years in 4A football getting their tales kicked. This was the best thing that could happen for 2A football in the west tn. bracket. Hickman Co. ,unlike others, will not be intimidated. Why would they? For 4 years they've played faster and better competition than camden or LC combined. Regardless of what happens HC will beat GP to a pulp physically and win or lose the next fellow will reap the reward. I've predicted this matchup since week zero, i'm gonna stick with my guns. Steady boys, steady. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This is just a plain silly post! Very disrespectful to camden and lewis. Intmidated? They both have been there, and played gp without fear......the better team won on those particular nights...PERIOD. No excuses they won! But to think HC is better than either of these is just wrong. Remember you won the last game with LCHS thats it, not a championship. LCHS is the 6-2A champs, period. HCHS is the runner up. You have yet to win anything but a playoff game against LCHS nothing more, you have no title. It is good to be confident.....but not be-rate others. Yes you played 4A till this year......but the fact remains, you haven't won a thing in 2A yet! Everyone for region 6 is pulling for you to represent them will. Good luck!

If you would like to see how close these teams really are (go to the Hickman vs. Lewis thread) I posted the stats for the two games . You will see......pretty even matched teams.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are mistaken there. Fairview's defense started slow but the 2nd half of the year was probably the best defense in the region the way they played. Hickman played them early and dominated. Hickman would of still beat Fairview but I don't think they would of hung 40 on them. Fairview's worst performance of the year was against Hickman.

Also Fairview played DCA and only gave up 26, so that theory is out of the question.

Look for Goodpasture to win this game. Hickman hasn't seen a team like this all year. GP by 10.

I may also not be mistaken. It is my opinion, and you have yours. As the song says: "you may be wrong and you may be right"

I stand by my opinion. I also believe DCA is much better now than when they played Fairview the first time.

I am not anti-Fairview, I am just stating what I believe concerning the quality of the 8 teams left in the 2A chase.

Here we go again with Gerry "tough schedule" Bertier. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Dad told you last week that HC would win. . Dad is telling you that HC will beat GP. Let me explain.... You see men, HC is not the same style of football that Camden or Lewis Co.plays. They are going to go right at GP with a smashmouth style reminisent of the early age of football. A style that was forged over many years in 4A football getting their tales kicked. This was the best thing that could happen for 2A football in the west tn. bracket. Hickman Co. ,unlike others, will not be intimidated. Why would they? For 4 years they've played faster and better competition than camden or LC combined. Regardless of what happens HC will beat GP to a pulp physically and win or lose the next fellow will reap the reward. I've predicted this matchup since week zero, i'm gonna stick with my guns. Steady boys, steady. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Howdy Dooty: talking like this will get your team beat . It would be ashame for a fan to be the cause for a butt kicking friday nite. bet you've never played a down of football maybe flag

Look for Goodpasture to win this game. Hickman hasn't seen a team like this all year. GP by 10.

yea they hav they played Lewis co twice and yes lewis co i think would had beat GP this year if they could had got pass H/C tha second time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yea they hav they played Lewis co twice and yes lewis co i think would had beat GP this year if they could had got pass H/C tha second time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So you are saying Lewis Co. is better than GP this season? I just want to clarify this before I say anything else.

Dad, so Lewis Co. and Camden don't play smashmouth football? I don't even know what to say to that. Ask Milan, Westview, Huntingdon, or Peabody if Camden plays smashmouth football and I know what there answer will be. Like someone said before Hickman Co. has done nothing but win a couple of playoff games against one below average team and one good team. They are about to face a team on another level compared to what they have seen this year.

Look at Lewis Co. , they always have a great regular season and then they trip up in the playoffs because of their soft schedule year in and year out. I believe Hickman Co. will fall victim to the same thing this season. Hopefully they will learn from it like Camden has.

HHS.....its called locker room posting I think is what he meant.....motivation for the players. GP isn't as strong this year as last but still believe they have the horses to make a serious run......to face ALCOA, which is a class all their own in 2A. Lately in 2A its to see who is #2 from this region. Alcoa has had an unbelieveable run, There appears to be no one in 2A in the same class as them. Well anyway welcome to 2A playoffs and good luck!

why would they tell you who to look out for Friday night. How stupid would that be. Do some scoutin, watch film or something, don't ask who to look out for. You may find out Friday night, that Hickman county has more than one man to look out for. I hope Hickman county beats you to a pulp.

Waa, waa, he make me cry! Talkin' about whupin' us. Please, don' talk so meen!

Well, I think we can talk like good sports and still be on different sides. I, for one, know it will a tough game for both teams and I hope and pray for a good game, no injuries, and the best team wins!!

There's no way to accurately predict an outcome at this level in the playoffs - too many variables, two good teams - it often boils down to who is "mentally fortified" for the ordeal.

This will be one of the GREAT games of the week! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

why would they tell you who to look out for Friday night. How stupid would that be. Do some scoutin, watch film or something, don't ask who to look out for. You may find out Friday night, that Hickman county has more than one man to look out for. I hope Hickman county beats you to a pulp.

Sounds like somebody's team got put out in the 2nd round again this year (seems to be a pattern). But then again, If I was a panther fan and my team got beat in a 48-0 shut out last year, I would be pretty upset too. So I'm gonna be completely stupid and say that HC should look out for #4, #9, #12, #22, #24, #30, #81.