Goodpasture to Host Hickman County

easyreader

Hey Lions4ever, what's the scouting report on Goodpasture? I know in years past they've been huge up front and could throw the ball well. What should HC key on?

I'm not Lions4ever, and don't know if he would agree, but I saw GP play twice and here is the scouting report I wrote after the CPA game and before the Camden game. I don't think it has changed:

- Limit (you won't stop completely) GP's big running plays. CPA did a good job containing GP's running game, holding runs to less than 5 yards on most plays, but then gave up 5 long runs in long yardage situations. For example, on GP's first series, they had 3rd and long, CPA had the QB scrambling in the backfield and they missed a tackle and he went 70+ yards for a TD.

- Tackle well at line of scrimmage. Once the GP backs get to the linebackers they are too fast for most highschoolers to tackle.

- Win time of possession and limit GP's touches. Have some time consuming drives. CPA's Lowery was able to get 4-5 yards consistently. CPA didn't have a lot of big plays, but they moved the ball and used clock. GP only punted once but still almost lost the game.

- Kick away from the speed backs. If you kick to them, you will give up a long return eventually - book it.

- Look at film: CPA lined up fast DE's wide to force sweeps inside. It worked most of the time.

- Pick your poison. You have to stop the run and hope GP's passing game is off. It was on against CPA - otherwise, CPA would have won.

- Don't throw desparation passes that aren't open. The interception will be returned for big yards. It is better to throw controlled passes, then punt.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Lions4ever, what's the scouting report on Goodpasture? I know in years past they've been huge up front and could throw the ball well. What should HC key on?

Stop the run,Win the time of possession.Keep some fresh DBs handy because their fresh legs will tire yours.No turnovers.Play a flawless game.They looked smaller on the field than Fairview.And last but not least.Kick it short,dont give them a chance to run it back.

Hoping that the cougars come out strong in this game we had 2 def players out in fridays game and were still feeling the effects from cpa. I thought they came out a little flat. will have to get ready fast for Hickman co. They will be a tough matchup. Thought that Camden Played as hard has they could. Moose is the real deal he was all over that field. his calling is defense. Bottom line we looked bad and won thats what you have to do to get to the finals.

I think that this is going to be a challenge for both teams. Two teams with 11-1 records. Should make for a great football game Friday night. I have not seen or heard anything about Hickman Co., so maybe a HC fan could shed some light about who to look out for.

I really don't see this game being won by more that 10 by either team.