MBA vs. BA for STATE

vols98

Ouch! That hurts bringing up the 2002 Clinic Bowl. That was totally different. That was not going to be a classic match-up. That was coronation for BA. MBA did not have a chance in that game - supposedly. Great coaching and heart trumped talent. Chris Jordan can't beat MBA. We will have to complete some big passes.

I will not bet against your prediction about Josh Tate. We had better pass for more yards or it will be bad news. I think we will.

The problem with the Halloween game is not as bad as you think. There was an extensive investigation and the results were in the Tennessean. The Comcast broadcast clock and the actual clock were not synchronized, which made it appear incorrect. The actual game films show there was time on the clock. The official was sanctioned, however, for hurrying too much to get the ball set for the field goal. So, technically you are right, but maybe for a different reason.

Wasn't that the game Tom Santi snapped the ball over the punters head to set up the winning field goal?

BA 21

MBA 17

2 OT

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beating a team twice in the same year is always tough, and when you look back on previous seasons, when two teams play each other twice, once in the regular season and again in the playoffs/championship game, the team that wins in the regular season usually loses in the big game. Now i am not saying this is a definite stat because if it was, the game wouldn't even need to be played. Either team can win this game, so it will be interesting to see the outcome.

Having said that, MBA will go in with a silent confidence about them, but nowhere near "over-confident." BA will be ready for some sweet revenge. The center for BA will need to be focused because if there is another snap over the QB's head, then BA will really shoot themselves in the foot.

Chris Jordan's playing in this game will be a factor, but look at last year's mba defense, who was only 1/2 as good as they are this year. When they played Golden Tate and JPII, they completely shut down Tate. Now yes they did end up losing that game because of 4 fumbles, but when MBA is faced with an outstanding back, they usually bring a little bit more on the field and shut him down. I see them doing exactly that on saturday. Yes, CJ will probably have a rushing TD, maybe 2, but he won't have any type of field day against this D.

If MBA O-line can get that monster of a D-Line moved, then they will win this game by controlling the line of scrimmage and ulitmately the clock, but if the BA line shows up then it will be a game all about defense...

roll red

too close to call but mba by 4...

What predictions have I made wrong>?

I am always more accurate than the moneyguzzling MBA folk.

hmm what predictions have you made wrong? lets see....Both Ryan games, the BA game, the EHS game....pretty much every game mba has played but.......they're still undefeated. you have been wrong every time

hmm what predictions have you made wrong? lets see....Both Ryan games, the BA game, the EHS game....pretty much every game mba has played but.......they're still undefeated. you have been wrong every time

Ok, check back at all those threads. I didnt make predictions for any of those games:

http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...orth&st=204 <-- Ensworth vs. MBA thread. Funny, no comment by Hadouken in this thread.

http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...amp;hl=Ensworth <-- First MBA/BA game. Outstanding! No comment by Hadouken.

You guys claim that everyone outside of MBA is ignorant. Now, presented with truth, what can you say? Ah, yes, deny it like just like MBA always does.

Ok, check back at all those threads. I didnt make predictions for any of those games:

http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...orth&st=204 <-- Ensworth vs. MBA thread. Funny, no comment by Hadouken in this thread.

http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...amp;hl=Ensworth <-- First MBA/BA game. Outstanding! No comment by Hadouken.

You guys claim that everyone outside of MBA is ignorant. Now, presented with truth, what can you say? Ah, yes, deny it like just like MBA always does.

and you say that all MBA people are spoiled brats and mommas boys and sissies, yet we are still undefeated and normal guys, next time think before you post

I am guessing MBA, even though Ensworth was beaten worse by BA. With Waddey, Vinsang and Bartholomew, MBA has 3 very good and very different running backs. Chris Jordan of BA is quite an athelete, but he averaged just 4 yards per carry versus Ensworth, land largely because of an excellent offensive line. But . . . I have seen him only twice. I cannot imagine the BA quarterback having as good game as he did against EHS. He was flawless, and Luna was a great receiver. So, I see MBA stopping Jordan, and holding him to 3-4 yards per carry, and winning by a touchdown.

Ouch! That hurts bringing up the 2002 Clinic Bowl. That was totally different. That was not going to be a classic match-up. That was coronation for BA. MBA did not have a chance in that game - supposedly. Great coaching and heart trumped talent. Chris Jordan can't beat MBA. We will have to complete some big passes.

I will not bet against your prediction about Josh Tate. We had better pass for more yards or it will be bad news. I think we will.

The problem with the Halloween game is not as bad as you think. There was an extensive investigation and the results were in the Tennessean. The Comcast broadcast clock and the actual clock were not synchronized, which made it appear incorrect. The actual game films show there was time on the clock. The official was sanctioned, however, for hurrying too much to get the ball set for the field goal. So, technically you are right, but maybe for a different reason.

I never really understood how you could reprimand the official for hurrying to get the ball into play. It's part of an official's job to prevent unreasonable delay, i.e., delay that gives one team a competitive advantage over the other. And while it was a very bitter and painful defeat, it probably never happens if MBA handles the fundamental task of getting the snap right.

Besides, controversies make for good rivalries.

This is going to be another classic game between arguably the two most storied programs in Tennessee high school football history. I hope everyone can make to Murfreesboro to watch the game. I'm planning on bringing a crew of old MBA guys to cheer on the Big Red. Does anyone know if there is going to be any kind of alumni tailgate set up?

As for the game itself, these teams are obviously very evenly matched. Having not seen BA play this year, I can't really comment on their strenghts and weaknesses. However, here's how I would describe the matchup for MBA: MBA strengths lie in the running game. However, the quick sweep that they ran so much against Ryan will be tough to run with success against a faster and more athletic BA team. I see MBA running up the middle and off tackle a lot this week. The passing game is a question mark to me. Wise is steady and manages the game well. However, MBA does not throw that much. Other than #12? and the TE, we don't have many receiving threats. I would like to see more play action. A couple of times against Ryan the seem was wide open. Defensively, MBA's linebacking corps is one of the best I have ever seen. The D-line is stout too. Bubis is the perfect tough nose-guard. MBA missed quite a few tackles in the second half against Ryan. It will be critical to fix that because the BA backs could break one at any time. To me, the real weakness lies in the secondary. Not a lot of athleticism and/or quickness there. If BA can put together a passing game like they did against Ensworth, the Big Red may be in trouble. Special teams are once again a strength for MBA. Solid placekicker and coverage teams. Watching Bartholomew punt is entertaining, but he gets the job done.

Overall, I think this game comes down to assignment football/execution. If the history of this matchup is any indication, MBA gets the nod. Good luck to both schools. Roll Red!

BA will get score touchdowns. MBA will kick field goals.

If I remember correctly, in the first game between the two schools, MBA's scoring drive was something like 40 yards because of a bad, bad punt from BA. The rest were all field goal drives for the Big Red if I can remember.

BA's offense is tough to stop when Chris Jordan is running well and catching screens, and when Cody Nelson is throwing the ball well, which has been the case in recent games.

And the BA defense has been all over the run game in the recent weeks.

Along with the belief that 'its hard to beat a team twice in a singe year', I just believe BA is the better football team along with a better staff.

BA 21

MBA 13

Back to Back for Brentwood Academy.

Mason Graham is also constantly overlooked in all of these talks. The senior RB/LB has come up with big plays on both sides of the ball and brings all kinds of energy to the BA team.

MBA has three great running backs but they are no better than Chris Jordan, Josh Tate, and Mason Graham when you look at how they've played this season.