York Dragons vs. DCA Wildcats

asby69

Ok... ive seen both teams play... This is Yorks dream team.. this is their best team ever.. They play old school... alll they do is line up and try to smash it down your mouth.. if u get them down by 14 they are done.. they CAN NOT pass.. all they do is run the football and take time off the clock... Dca is an all around good team... they can run..they can pass.. They can break a big play at anytime... I am saying Dca will win this one.. im not gonna say a score but they will pull it out.. The Mountain is tough but nothing like the plateau ...

Smith County had them down 14-0 in the regular season game and York made some great throws to come back. Of course we were giving up 5-10 yards every other run also. Good luck York.

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that I find ironic is the fact that after high school, many LA and YAI kids find themselves interacting with each other, often becoming friends. There are a lot of family ties between the two areas as well. With that being said, there is no love lost between the two schools during school days, that is the reason that I can say that as a HOGEYE alumni, I wish you the best and represent this forgotten little corner of the state. Good luck, and take it to DCA. HOGEYE nation, as bad as it hurts, is pulling for you guys. (A good natured rivalry is good for the soul!)

The thing that I find ironic is the fact that after high school, many LA and YAI kids find themselves interacting with each other, often becoming friends. There are a lot of family ties between the two areas as well. With that being said, there is no love lost between the two schools during school days, that is the reason that I can say that as a HOGEYE alumni, I wish you the best and represent this forgotten little corner of the state. Good luck, and take it to DCA. HOGEYE nation, as bad as it hurts, is pulling for you guys. (A good natured rivalry is good for the soul!)

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I will not ever become friends with anyone from Livingston, but thanks for supporting the Dragons. I take the rivalry quite serious and to me, a person should become friends with a rival. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Rivalries are good for your team. They help you prepare and get motivated.

I obviously pull for York, but when playoffs start I also pull for other teams in the area or from our region. It gives you respectablility when you come out of a tough region. I would have to say that Livinston is likely our biggest rival. I was happy for them when they won the state.

All the well-wishing will disappear next year when its time to play them. But at this point in the season I'm glad to get some support from unlikely places. That in my opinion is a sign of respect.

I still think this will be a close, hard-fought game. I am sure the Dragons are up to the challenge.

Go Dagons!

After highschool, I also become friends with and played football with several from Livingston. Like you say it is a great in school rivalry, but afterwards when your paths cross, you have lots in common, and a whole heck of a lot of stories. Don't get me wrong, I want to see York get the best. Thanks for your support. For some reason I never could get my Livingston friends to watch our Senior year game film?!

Sc is average football team they are corn fed boys... they cannot pass either they have a good qb but no recievers... Sc does not have a run d or pass d.. DCA had both... It might take DCA a drive and a half to figure out all the stunts york does.. but even at that You can not compete with dca passing game

A drive and a half may be all the dragons need and then it may be to late for DCA. I cant wait to see YAI go up agianst this passing game of DCA's. I do think they will fair just fine agianst it though and I do hope for your qb's sake your OL is in tip top shape.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I will not ever become friends with anyone from Livingston, but thanks for supporting the Dragons. I take the rivalry quite serious and to me, a person should become friends with a rival. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You need to make up your mind their sunshine should or should'nt you become friends w/ your rival. Some might say keep friends close and your enemies closer. I hope sunshiny dont give every one in jamestown a bad name.I am from LA (many years ago) but still like to follow this huge rivalry but I am pulling for you in this run as long as a you are in it.

A drive and a half may be all the dragons need and then it may be to late for DCA. I cant wait to see YAI go up agianst this passing game of DCA's. I do think they will fair just fine agianst it though and I do hope for your qb's sake your OL is in tip top shape.

A drive and a half is not to late for Dca... Teir defense is solid.. Who knows they might fair good agaisnt it but if ur supposed to be as fast as tyner then you will get run out of your own town... And for dca qb he is not that bigg.. but is very smart and is very good.. 3 years of experiance... The OlL is in tip top shape trust me... Dca can strike at any time... york has one good receiver # 22 but all yall do is run... Dca puls its out

Heh heh, I could've been mischievous and sent them through Livingston, over Hwy 52, then onto Hwy 85 (through Wilder) then through Clarkrange and Grimsley. But I was being nice /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Yeah going from Jtown to Livingston or vice versa using Hwy 52 is a PITA.

Thanks for the support!!

GO DRAGONS!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

2007 REGION 4AA CHAMPIONS

12-0 and counting ...

Protect Your House

so whats wrong with going thru grimsley, wilder or any of those areas

so whats wrong with going thru grimsley, wilder or any of those areas

LOL, not a thing. I mean they have to go through Grimsley either way and we all know how curvy the Wilder road is and the fact that if they were to go through Livingston, get on Hwy 52, then turn on Hwy 85 and come out at the South Fentress Elementary how out of the way that would've been. To send someone that way would'a been a little to mischievous for even me /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

GO DRAGONS!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

2007 REGION 4AA CHAMPIONS

12-0 and counting ...

Protect Your House