York Dragons vs. DCA Wildcats

asby69

Nah...I don't think that was it. I didn't see any clock cleaning when they did happen to make the catch. It's something that plagued SC all year. The passing game just didn't click most games. When it did click...as in the Cannon County game...SC was very difficult to stop. Enough about that. If DCA can execute their passing game...they will score a lot of points. JMHO

From what I heard, SC had opportunities in their passing game, but their QB and WR's were not clicking last week. Of course, this weeks game could be different, but I think Yorks key to victory will be stoping DCA's passing game and if their receivers are open, they will make the play. At least they have so far this season, but of course, they haven't faced Yorks defense yet either! So who knows.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They also have #35, a tight end that can catch and run with the ball. From what I've seen, if given time, Pierce is a very accurate QB that can wing it to all these guys and they know what to do with it. How has Yorks pass rush looked so far?

The DRAGON "D" is fast in all aspects (rush/pass). I don't look for the DCA QB to have a lot of time to throw the ball. If DCA is depending on the pass that much, they are definately in for a llllllllllooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg night of MOUNTAIN football.

GO DRAGONS!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

2007 REGION 4AA CHAMPIONS

12-0 and counting ...

Protect Your House

The DRAGON "D" is fast in all aspects (rush/pass). I don't look for the DCA QB to have a lot of time to throw the ball. If DCA is depending on the pass that much, they are definately in for a llllllllllooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg night of MOUNTAIN football.

GO DRAGONS!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

12-0 and counting ...

Protect Your House

That could be...but SC attempted 46 passes in two games. YAI had one sack in each game and very few hurries. I don't see them getting too much pressure on DCA's qb. I am sure he gets rid of the ball pretty quickly. That's what I saw in their scrimmage. He has a good quick release.

That could be...but SC attempted 46 passes in two games. YAI had one sack in each game and very few hurries. I don't see them getting too much pressure on DCA's qb. I am sure he gets rid of the ball pretty quickly. That's what I saw in their scrimmage. He has a good quick release.

Antwan; Football has been a bit frustrating around here the past few years so I haven't kept up as much! How does DCA's O-line compare to you guys?

1. How many of those 46 passes were completions?

2. How does DCA's O line compare to SC's?

12-0 and counting ...

Protect Your House

Antwan; Football has been a bit frustrating around here the past few years so I haven't kept up as much! How does DCA's O-line compare to you guys?

They have good size. I thought they blocked well. Their pass blocking was very good...and Worden is fast and runs hard. I thought their qb was poised in the pocket...and very accurate. Of course...that was preseason.

1. How many of those 46 passes were completions?2. How does DCA's O line compare to SC's?GO DRAGONS!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> 2007 REGION 4AA CHAMPIONS12-0 and counting ...Protect Your House

1. 20 completions with about 12 drops. 2. I answered that in the previous post.

I think York can win IF they can cover in the secondary. SC ran two pass plays down field, a post and a seem by the tight end, both receivers was behind the secondary, and both were probably six, but did not execute. So, I think DCA can definitely move the ball through the air, and on the ground, with a well-balanced offense. I feel that York will move the ball against DCA as well. York's offense is very difficult to stop. It could come down to whoever has the ball last.

I could understand you wanting a trip to the semifinals, but a trip to Alcoa, you don't want my friend. That Dragon wouldn't be blowing fire out it's mouth, it would blow out the other end.

Do you not think the boys from Smith Co. would not like to have a trip to Alcoa. If the DRAGONS can pull off a victory tommorrow night, and yes i said if at this point in the season you don't get here by luck both these teams are good teams or they would be at home playing round ball. Anyway a trip to Alcoa would not be a bad thing. I know everyone has heard the saying to be the best you have to beat the best, you cant do that by not playing them. So I Love HS Football yes we want to play the best. Just like i am sure the Football team in S.C. does. What does any team have to lose that travels to Alcoa everyone has you beat before you step on field. I hope for a trip to Alcoa!!!!!!!! In the great words of Baxter Wilson " ITS FOOTBALL TIME ON THE MOUNTAIN"

After highschool, I also become friends with and played football with several from Livingston. Like you say it is a great in school rivalry, but afterwards when your paths cross, you have lots in common, and a whole heck of a lot of stories. Don't get me wrong, I want to see York get the best. Thanks for your support. For some reason I never could get my Livingston friends to watch our Senior year game film?!

So, yeah, I played a bit after high school and became freinds with a couple of good guys from on the mountain as well. They were great guys, but my junior year we bested those two seniors. My senior year was a different story. That was 1992 and I remember the bus incident at the district banquet. Not representative of the whole SC bunch but a few idiots, kinda like I don't hold sunshine as representative of YAI alums. Again, best of luck to YAI. PS. I'll tell ya about speed, check Wilson Central. My current team played them twice and got thumped, and we weren't bad. Good luck from a current Red Raider and HOGEYE alumni!